Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Change Lokhir Fellhearts Campaign to have the same objective as vampire coast

BrightestLightBrightestLight Registered Users Posts: 538
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
Lokhir fellheart should, when you play him, have essentially the same, or a similar campaign to vampire coast. this would add a very unique dark elf playstyle without too much work, just edit the way vampire coast objectives work to suit dark elves. the only problems i see are this needing cutscenes/dialogue, and new quest battles against one or all of the vampire coast legendary lords. this would also make it so he could be played in head to head with a vampire coast faction.

edit: he should also have the blessed dread as part of his army, so that he basically functions as a black arc that can go on land.

Comments

• OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 4,259
    Agreed. Was a missed and obvious opportunity.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Registered Users Posts: 1,286
    Adding cutscenes for a FLC faction sounds too complicated at least for me, but I would still love it
    Soon
  • BrightestLightBrightestLight Registered Users Posts: 538

Adding cutscenes for a FLC faction sounds too complicated at least for me, but I would still love it

that's why i'm afraid it won't ever happen, but OH MY GOD is it literally a perfect opportunity. i mean i'd 100% pay for a mini dlc that literally just changes lokhir's campaign to be like vampire coast.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 571
    It will not happen, that mechanic is one of the attractions that zombie pirates have for players who only play campaigns.

However, they could give you some mechanics that motivated you to attack zombie pirates when you play with Lokhir.

The revision of the black arks must also be taken into account as they could have caused them to decide to change things about Lokhir's campaign.
    brago90 said:

It will not happen, that mechanic is one of the attractions that zombie pirates have for players who only play campaigns.

However, they could give you some mechanics that motivated you to attack zombie pirates when you play with Lokhir.

The revision of the black arks must also be taken into account as they could have caused them to decide to change things about Lokhir's campaign.

it wouldn't be the SAME, just have the same objective and get rid of the vortex, adding another alternate way to play dark elves and an interesting way to play head to head with vampire coast.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,914

brago90 said:

it wouldn't be the SAME, just have the same objective and get rid of the vortex, adding another alternate way to play dark elves and an interesting way to play head to head with vampire coast.
    So you want Lokhir to have the same but not same objectives as the VCoast ?
    neodeinos said:

brago90 said:

So you want Lokhir to have the same but not same objectives as the VCoast ?
    yeah basically, it's very vague but i just want him to directly compete with vampire coast instead of being YET ANOTHER contender in the vortex campaign
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 13,265
    I would like that. Lokhir is a cool character with a badass model, but his faction and campaign just seems so boring and meaningless...

CA should also move him to the Bloodhall Coven in the vortex. Chupayotl is a LM Templecity and shouldn’t look like a DE City. That start position is also already to crowded. Northwest Lustria would be unique and new.

Those changes would actually make me play him.
    ArneSo said:

I would like that. Lokhir is a cool character with a badass model, but his faction and campaign just seems so boring and meaningless...

CA should also move him to the Bloodhall Coven in the vortex. Chupayotl is a LM Templecity and shouldn’t look like a DE City. That start position is also already to crowded. Northwest Lustria would be unique and new.

Those changes would actually make me play him.

100% agree
    edited November 2019
    ArneSo said:

CA should also move him to the Bloodhall Coven in the vortex.

Thats where I thought he was going to start all along. Chupayotl was unexpected but it is in Mortal Empires. Really though... They should just make his Black Arch his start pos and then they could place it anywhere.

@OdTengri
    I totally agree! It would be quite interesting if he would only start with a Black Ark.

This way the player could just plunder all the way up to Clar Karond and conquer it back. Would be a true sandbox campaign like Noctilus.

My main problem with Lokhir is that I don’t see a purpose in his campaign. I love to roleplay with the character, but his presence in Chupayotl doesn’t make any sense to me. Why is Lokhir in Lustria? Why is he trying to conquer Lustria? It just feels meaningless...

His campaign should be more like Alith Anar or Wulfhart in my opinion. Big missed opportunity.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,914
    Not a fan of slap X stuff to Y faction. Lokhir should get completely uniques objectives.
  • SielgaudysSielgaudys Registered Users Posts: 114
    Would be cool, but I would be frankly happy if he just had his own black ark attached to him. Also, we need Hellebron transformation to look younger.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 742
    Yea i already argued in the past that to me Lokhir is the biggest missed opportunity in game 2, despite me loving everything about him as a LL per se (he looks, sounds, and fights really cool).

At the very least, he desperately needs the flag ship mechanic the VCoast have for his Blessed Dread. It's comical how he keeps referencing it in his voice lines, but he's actually sailing around on his tiny ship in the campaign, while his Blessed Dread is commanded by a nobody, and might have been sunk permanently during the early turns of a campaign.

With the changes we're getting to Black Arks, this would make him 100% unique in the game. A flag-ship mechanic AND the possiblity of attacking coastal settlements (which the VCoast wouldn't have).
    Unfortunately, i feel like they just couldn't give him the mechanic they so heavily marketed for the accompanying DLC content. Which feels weird considering how heavily involved he is for the VCoast playthroughs.

I mean, at the very very least give him immunity to sea attrition.. PLEASE!
  • SielgaudysSielgaudys Registered Users Posts: 114
    And better buffs to corsairs.
    ArneSo said:

@OdTengri
    I totally agree! It would be quite interesting if he would only start with a Black Ark.

This way the player could just plunder all the way up to Clar Karond and conquer it back. Would be a true sandbox campaign like Noctilus.

My main problem with Lokhir is that I don’t see a purpose in his campaign. I love to roleplay with the character, but his presence in Chupayotl doesn’t make any sense to me. Why is Lokhir in Lustria? Why is he trying to conquer Lustria? It just feels meaningless...

His campaign should be more like Alith Anar or Wulfhart in my opinion. Big missed opportunity.

he isn't lorewise the lord of clar karond, rakarth is.
    neodeinos said:

Not a fan of slap X stuff to Y faction. Lokhir should get completely uniques objectives.

he already has the slapped on vortex mechanic, which is a thing for four facitons. this would be better than him keeping the vortex.

neodeinos said:

he already has the slapped on vortex mechanic, which is a thing for four facitons. this would be better than him keeping the vortex.
    Exactly... Right now hes doing the exact same thing as Morathi and Malakith... Part of the Pirate Campaign he would be unique... Sure the campaign would be the same as the Vamp Coast but it would be unique in that you'd be playing it with the dark elf roster.

ArneSo said:

@OdTengri

He is a corsair, he is not conquering the place, he is just filling the cellar with the gold of the lizards to finance the recovery of his lands and go through the keel to every traitor who has dared such an affront.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,572
    edited November 2019
    Lokhir should get a Malus-ish like event, when he upon arrival in Karond Kar he receives the settlement. (If not occupied by a third party)

Edit; also Crone and Lokhir perhaps should get a Subservience to the Witch King as Malus does, this would really drive home that the Witch King rules supreme.
    When he’s not conquering those regions why is he building infrastructure and economy buildings?

He doesn’t fill his cellar with the lizard gold, he’s using that money to build up his regions.

If he would play like a Corsair he shouldn’t be able to conquer regions.

Lokhir should get a Malus-ish like event, when he upon arrival in Karond Kar he receives the settlement. (If not occupied by a third party)

Edit; also Crone and Lokhir perhaps should get a Subservience to the Witch King as Malus does, this would really drive home that the Witch King rules supreme.

but he's not the ruler karond kar, rakarth is
    ArneSo said:

When he’s not conquering those regions why is he building infrastructure and economy buildings?

He doesn’t fill his cellar with the lizard gold, he’s using that money to build up his regions.

If he would play like a Corsair he shouldn’t be able to conquer regions.

It is only a temporary settlement, nobody forces you to stay after filling the pantry with lizard meat and the cellar with lizard gold.
    @brago90
    So why conquer at all if you don’t wanna keep it? If I want just the money I sack it and move on... conquering/occupying is always connected with investing money to upgrade buildings. Why should Lokhir want to upgrade LM temple cities? That simply doesn’t make sense to me and is the main reason why I never played him...

Lokhir plays like a classic total war faction where you expand and build up your empire and that’s simply not fitting his character. That’s why he should get ship building options to be playable as a semi horde like the pirates.

Sacking Settlements and using that money to upgrade your swimming settlements aka Black Arks.

It’s at least a good start that Arks are now able to attack coastal settlements. (Confirmed in Malus campaign video)
    ArneSo said:

@brago90
    So why conquer at all if you don’t wanna keep it? If I want just the money I sack it and move on... conquering/occupying is always connected with investing money to upgrade buildings.

Building up his fleet however makes a tone of sense and that's totally why they should have made him play like a Vampirate.

@OdTengri
    Exactly! Sacking settlements for money is only motivating when you can invest that money somehow. Lokhir is not an empire builder so he should get more building options for his arks.

Those Arks are not just ships, they are swimming giant Cities, they obviously should get some upgrade options.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,572

but he's not the ruler karond kar, rakarth is

Clar Karond != Karond Kar