Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Lokhir Fellheart Update?

louman222louman222 Posts: 4Registered Users
After seeing the Malus Let’s Play, it really comes off like he does the Pirate life better than the Kraken lord.
Would anyone else like to see Lokhir get a little touch-up?
My personal suggestions would be;
- Remove Chupayotal as his starting settlement (Both Vortex and ME)
- Grant Karond Kar as his starting settlement (Both Vortex and ME)
- Optional: place him in a Black Ark ala Vamp Coast lords (this has seemed to be deliberately avoided, but it would still be for the best imo. Vampire Coast released long enough ago that one would think this no-longer ‘steps on its toes’, so to speak)
- All Black Arks owned by The Blessed Dread gain access to a unique (pink) building chain that boosts loot and slaves gained from battles, sacking and razing within their support radius
- Change Lokhir’s starting location from outside Chupayotal to off-shore (in movement range) of the high-elf colony at the southern tip of Lustria (Vortex only)

Anyone else have any other ideas or suggestions?
Discuss.

Comments

• ErgiosErgios Posts: 194Registered Users
    edited November 30
    Lustria is VERY crowded, but moving him to Nagaroth would mean he is yet another DE LL up there.
    I don't really think that we need another DE starting position in Naggaroth even if it is his city.
    I'd wait for Game 3, maybe he'll go raiding over in the Darklands.

Him having his own moving city like the Vampire Coast sounds nice though.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Posts: 590Registered Users
    Definitely, I think Malus having a mechanic that shows that Malekith is on top of the Dark Elves political hierarchy is needed both for Lokhir and Crone.

Crone could get away with it being "church" leader. But Lokhir should also get the narrative that he helps Malekiths vortex, not doing it himself.
  • louman222louman222 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Ergios said:

Lustria is VERY crowded, but moving him to Nagaroth would mean he is yet another DE LL up there.
    I don't really think that we need another DE starting position in Naggaroth even if it is his city.
    I'd wait for Game 3, maybe he'll go raiding over in the Darklands.

Him having his own moving city like the Vampire Coast sounds nice though.

I would leave him in Lustria, its just the city will be in his possession. If nothing else, sets up the interesting potential of Alith, Tretch, or any other Delf rival seeing the city as potentially easy pickings. Lokhir players would have to decide between spending on securing the city, or investing in his adventures else where. IDK if it would call for one of those ‘dynamic’ starts that would maybe move an ai Lokhir up there or what though.

Definitely, I think Malus having a mechanic that shows that Malekith is on top of the Dark Elves political hierarchy is needed both for Lokhir and Crone.

Crone could get away with it being "church" leader. But Lokhir should also get the narrative that he helps Malekiths vortex, not doing it himself.

That sounds good, but more like part of a greater Dark Elf faction rework.
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 583Registered Users
    I like idea to have two starting positions for Malus. I think Lokhir Fellheart should have same thing. I will be very interesting if you can choice between Karond Kar and Chupayotal.
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Posts: 1,320Registered Users
    edited November 30
    I don't think he should start With Karond Kar but I do think he should probably be moved.

Lokhir is another Unfortunate lord that I don't think CA did Justice. one that I'm very glad is in the game but one that I think they need to revisit and flesh out (Like Nakai and Tehenauin).

Honestly, since Hes a pure Pirate I think they should make him a hybrid settlement nomad lord like the Vampire Coast characters. Start him on his own little island in the middle of the Ocean or just have him on His arc in the middle of the Ocean and allow the player to choose where to go (Like with Count Noctilus).

You could give him some new Objectives to take down all the other Pirate lords to establish his place as the Pirate King. This would encourage Lokhir to sail the ocean and go to different places along the coast, raiding, destroying and possibly even taking over the other Vampire Coast Lords settlements.

If they did this then His Campaign would start with the Option to go conquer Sartosa, the Awakening, The Malestrom, Cylostra's starting Town and Karond Kar! with the option to pursue them at your leisure. These objectives would take you to Naggarond, Lustria, Past Ulthuan, and they'd give you some of the best Coastal/Naval settlements in the game.

Im still hoping we get a Jaego Roth, Living Pirate DLC at some point, with Aranessa becoming an alive Pirate along with the others from the Alliance against Luther Harkon. Lokhir could find himself involved in the Politics of this DLC.

Lokhir could also see an update if we get a Dark Elf Naval DLC in the Future with Fleetmasters, Reavers, Pagowyrms, Sea Dragons and all that. Its the Last thing they can do with the Dark Elves so I'm sure it will come eventually.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 2,081Registered Users
    I hope CA will rework him! He’s a cool Character but his faction, campaign and start position is just boring and a missed opportunity for a unique DE experience.

He should play more like a semi horde similar to Vampirates.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 447Registered Users
    The real update should be getting rid of that **** dragon.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,097Registered Users
    Instead of Karond Kar maybe give him a settlement at sea create a little island further afield, he should also be able to build up his Ark much more. Wulfrik is also a character I'd like them to add to with his vessal

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Posts: 82Registered Users

Don't skill into it. Spend the skillpoint elsewhere. Problem solved.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 7,141Registered Users
    I do like Lustria more than Naggaroth that is for sure but his campaign does feel a bit like it plays a bit too much like a survival fight down there. Like he has to secure that continent full of enemies instead of more of a free roaming experience.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 2,161Registered Users
    I'll just copy paste my ideas for Lokhir from an old topic.

- Give him the horde mechanic and put him on his bloody black ark
    - rework the black arks obviously Seems like we're getting one
    - give Lokhir's faction immunity to high seas attrition
    - more buffs for the corsairs, I want them to be powerful enough to be your main force even in late game maybe for Lokhir's army only ? He is the bloody corsair lord after all
    - reworked skill tree for Lokhir, his unique skills are not that great
    - Maybe give him the cove mechanic but with completely different buildings, one I had in mind is a building generating slaves per turn
    - I don't like much his way to get black arks, you only get them from Major settlement with a port and there's not a lot of them. In the current state I think it's slower to get black arks with Lokhir than others DE factions
    - Remove Lokhir's dragon, I'd like CA to stop giving mounts to lords that didn't have one
    - Make Chupayotl a province, sharing a province with Skrolk is lame OR make Lokhir start on HIS black ark in the ocean so you are free to go anywhere you want.
    - New campaign objectives, not a Vortex race, not a copy paste of the VCoast one. Something unique to him.
    @AxiosXiphos
    That wouldn’t change the problem that CA designed Lokhir to be a dragon rider Lord. He sucks on foot because he is intended to ride his dragon.

The only human like characters that are actually good on foot are Vlad, Tyrion, Sigvald, Queek and Gor-Rok because they are designed to be on foot.

Lokhir, Wulfrik and Luthor shouldn’t get a mount option. They are definitely foot lords and need stats representing that.

Arguments like “just don’t use it” are pointless.

Don't skill into it. Spend the skillpoint elsewhere. Problem solved.
    Or CA can make Lokhir stand out as a pure footlord for the Dark Elves and make him useful on foot instead of using a mount as a crutch for footlords.
  • korradokortokorradokorto Posts: 12Registered Users
    please dont turn him in another freaking horde faction thx
    @korradokorto
    Nobody is talking about turning him into a horde faction. We are asking for things like ship building options. He should be a SEMI horde like Noctilus. A sandbox campaign with the freedom to decide if you want to conquer regions or just stay on sea with your Arks.

Right now he is just Malekith in Lustria. His campaign has nothing to stand out. *Conquer Lustria and win the race of the vortex* That’s just boring. He should be unique and play more like a true Corsair.

What he needs is not much:
    - Black ark ship building options
    - No Dragon Mount
    - Bonus on sacking and raiding
    - Different victory conditions
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Posts: 1,657Registered Users
    I think this is along the lines of what I want aswell. I think he needs an ark honestly. He still wont have access to the pirate coasts unique quests, storyline and so on anyway. But giving him a pirate/raider esque take would be in line with his lore, possible mechanic wise and also distinct him from the other DE LL:s.

• Poenix21Poenix21 Posts: 111Registered Users

I don't think he should start With Karond Kar but I do think he should probably be moved.

Lokhir is another Unfortunate lord that I don't think CA did Justice. one that I'm very glad is in the game but one that I think they need to revisit and flesh out (Like Nakai and Tehenauin).

Honestly, since Hes a pure Pirate I think they should make him a hybrid settlement nomad lord like the Vampire Coast characters. Start him on his own little island in the middle of the Ocean or just have him on His arc in the middle of the Ocean and allow the player to choose where to go (Like with Count Noctilus).

You could give him some new Objectives to take down all the other Pirate lords to establish his place as the Pirate King. This would encourage Lokhir to sail the ocean and go to different places along the coast, raiding, destroying and possibly even taking over the other Vampire Coast Lords settlements.

If they did this then His Campaign would start with the Option to go conquer Sartosa, the Awakening, The Malestrom, Cylostra's starting Town and Karond Kar! with the option to pursue them at your leisure. These objectives would take you to Naggarond, Lustria, Past Ulthuan, and they'd give you some of the best Coastal/Naval settlements in the game.

Im still hoping we get a Jaego Roth, Living Pirate DLC at some point, with Aranessa becoming an alive Pirate along with the others from the Alliance against Luther Harkon. Lokhir could find himself involved in the Politics of this DLC.

Lokhir could also see an update if we get a Dark Elf Naval DLC in the Future with Fleetmasters, Reavers, Pagowyrms, Sea Dragons and all that. Its the Last thing they can do with the Dark Elves so I'm sure it will come eventually.

Interestingly enough Lokhir was the main antagonist in the vampire coast dlc so it baffles me that he has the Vortex race as goal in his campaign.
    Poenix21 said:

Interestingly enough Lokhir was the main antagonist in the vampire coast dlc so it baffles me that he has the Vortex race as goal in his campaign.
    That was just because it was easy to implement. I woulda been happy with his campaign objectives as
    - Earn X amount from raiding
    - Sack X number of coastal settlements
    - Destroy all Rogue Pirate factions
    - Destroy; Vampire Coast, Dread Fleet, The Drowned, Pirates of Sartosa

I don’t feel a campaign always needs long or complex objectives. Some characters aren’t suited for map-painting either.
    @louman222
    Those victory conditions would be perfect! Would love that kind of campaign. I also agree that not every faction needs to be a map painter, we already have enough factions for that.

So victory conditions set around raiding, capturing slave and the Vampirate and pirate factions would be really interesting. It also wouldn’t require much work to change the victory goals.
  • InsultedHeroInsultedHero Posts: 39Registered Users
    Since we're on the subject give him special units of corsairs to recruit for his faction [ like Alith Anar only Shadow-walkers ] . Remove his dargon from quick battles and give him armor sundering [ effect of red blades from campaign ] + vanguard deployment for him and corsairs if playing his faction in quick battles .
    Sorry for my bad english .
  • eomateomat Junior Member Posts: 894Registered Users
    I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I too think the dragon should go. The only Dragons I’m hoping to see next in this trilogy is Elspeth von Draken atop her Carmine Dargon and Asarnil the Dragonlord on Deathwing. Perhaps Imrik too...

Lokhir He should be a foot lord.
  • ron1404nlron1404nl Junior Member Posts: 220Registered Users
    He is the only DE with a interesting starting position. Also he's fine on foot with his regen, he should not be as strong as Tyrion, GR or Vlad on foot. His skilltree isn't the greatest but I don't mind it as much, not every LLord should have an unbeatable stack of his signature unit. At least he is somewhat challenging, although I would like to have the same mechanics as the Vampire Coasts (unique ship).
  • BrightestLightBrightestLight Posts: 500Registered Users
    louman222 said:

After seeing the Malus Let’s Play, it really comes off like he does the Pirate life better than the Kraken lord.
    Would anyone else like to see Lokhir get a little touch-up?
    My personal suggestions would be;
    - Remove Chupayotal as his starting settlement (Both Vortex and ME)
    - Grant Karond Kar as his starting settlement (Both Vortex and ME)
    - Optional: place him in a Black Ark ala Vamp Coast lords (this has seemed to be deliberately avoided, but it would still be for the best imo. Vampire Coast released long enough ago that one would think this no-longer ‘steps on its toes’, so to speak)
    - All Black Arks owned by The Blessed Dread gain access to a unique (pink) building chain that boosts loot and slaves gained from battles, sacking and razing within their support radius
    - Change Lokhir’s starting location from outside Chupayotal to off-shore (in movement range) of the high-elf colony at the southern tip of Lustria (Vortex only)

Anyone else have any other ideas or suggestions?
    Discuss.

lokhir isn't the ruler of karond kar, rakarth is
    I don’t think CA will move Lokhir somewhere else until game 3.
    he already has his intro and CA won’t bother making a new one with a new start position.

CA also won’t remove his Dragon unfortunately because some people seem to like it. Removing something that is already there is also not something CA normally does. So I think the Dragon will stay.

What CA can do without any effort is giving him new victory conditions focusing on a Corsair/pirate playstyle. He shouldn’t be part of the Vortex race and should get his own goals. He should also be part of the pirate ranking. That’s easy to do and would make him extremely unique.
  • BigBoiBeanyBigBoiBeany Posts: 13Registered Users
    I like his vortex start but they do need to move him is Mortal empires, maybe to the other side of lustria. He should get the blessed deed like the vampire coast lords
  • RhivanRhivan Posts: 6Registered Users
    I would actually like for Lohkir if he HAS to have a mount have a Scourge-runner Chariot. It's manned by Corsairs and is probably the best way give him a mount (and give DE a chariot lord)
    Rhivan said:

I would actually like for Lohkir if he HAS to have a mount have a Scourge-runner Chariot. It's manned by Corsairs and is probably the best way give him a mount (and give DE a chariot lord)

Malekith has a Cold one chariot.
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Posts: 533Registered Users
    Hopefully part of game 3 DE rework and for the love of all the is edgy give him Ship Building like Vampire Coast LLs. Please.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,316Registered Users
    Sea (or maybe amphibious) horde faction or GTFO.

Coves and Sea Horde all the way.