Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

"Lost connection to the game"

OceanMan1808OceanMan1808 Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi guys,

I bought Rome 2 recently so I could multiplayers battles (not campaign) with my friends. However, joining or hosting multiplayer battles is not smooth sailing by any means. After being in the lobby for a few seconds I get the "lost connection to the game" message very often. Every now and then it works for one game and after that we're back at square one. An interesting thing about this problem is that I seem to have more problems with the siege battles than with normal land battles.

Here's what I've done so far:
-validating game files in steam
-repairing the steam client
-checking if all necessary ports are open (which is the case)
-checking if my virusscanner (BitDefender) is causing problems (as far as I know Rome 2's on the whitelist)
-checking if my firewall is causing any problems to the point I turned it off completely
-removing files from C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2
-restarting the game/steam/pc repeatedly in the process
-checked for mods (had none to begin with and never downloaded one ever)

None of these things seem to fix the problem permanently. I noticed that removing the files from C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2 lowers the risk of getting the error, but most of the times it either works for a few minutes, for just one game or not at all.

I really don't know what to do anymore. It's such a game breaking problem. It's so bad that I have to spend 2 hours doing all sorts of stuff in the hope to finally have it working for just one game. When it works for that one game, I doubt it's because of the solutions mentioned above. I would really appreciate some suggestions!

Thanks in advance.