Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Oof, poor Araby

ItharusItharus Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 13,276
Seeing the lands of Araby continuously filled by factions that don't belong there is just flat out depressing.

Hopefully in game 3 version of mortal empires they will move most of them the hell out of there, add more settlements, and put Araby into the game where it should be.

Also random Skaven question -- does Eshin even conquer territory? I thought they were purely a service clan that had a single stronghold but then acted all over the world in secret.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,319
    *sigh* We must bear this sadness with dignity.

• AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 7,199
    They won't be coming in game two, but maybe if CA starts to put effort in, we might see them in game three.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch
  • ErgiosErgios Registered Users Posts: 236
    I find it interesting how many people still cling to the hopes of Araby.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not against Araby but I think we have reached the point that Araby is very unlikely to be added quite a while ago, like.... a year ago?
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,463
    Why do people still think that Araby is coming? Lol. Don’t know how much more clearly CA can say it.

Araby is dead yo.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,554
    Cue Repanse starting in Al Haikk, the capital of Araby.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

Do we have confirmation for that yet?
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 11,799
    Araby's dead already at least they are using this part of the map for something.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,554
    edited December 2019
    Ergios said:

Crossil said:

Do we have confirmation for that yet?
    Nah, just my musings but might as well build a building on Araby's grave while we're at it.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Bonutz619 said:

Why do people still think that Araby is coming? Lol. Don’t know how much more clearly CA can say it.

Araby is dead yo.

Its less thinking, more hoping. Araby is more interesting than a generic evil Drizzet clone tbh.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 11,067
    ARABY!
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
    Now I want a building called "Araby Memorial" for that area.
  • Aman3712Aman3712 Registered Users Posts: 640
    Out of all the possible minor races they could add, I'd imagine Dogs of War/Southern Realms to be the most possible, since they (to my knowledge) have their own army book and units.

Perhaps once CA releases the last lord pack for game 2, they could release Dogs of War as a pre order campaign pack for game to, maybe!
  • williamlaurent89williamlaurent89 Registered Users Posts: 349
    I wouldn't make a definitive cross on Araby.
    Where there is money to be made, there is hope.

But what I want to see first is Tiléa being fleshed out. I am starting to be desperate about them
  • ErathilErathil Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Aman3712 said:

Out of all the possible minor races they could add, I'd imagine Dogs of War/Southern Realms to be the most possible, since they (to my knowledge) have their own army book and units.

Perhaps once CA releases the last lord pack for game 2, they could release Dogs of War as a pre order campaign pack for game to, maybe!

I suspect you're right. Dogs of War had an army book in 6th edition, but it was generally oriented towards mercenary services rather than its own thing. I mean, you could create an entire army out of them, but it seems like the emphasis was on using them to supplement other armies.

I still have a little hope that Araby could be the pre-order DLC... but it's mostly wishful thinking at this point.

In theory... Araby only needs two or three Legendary Lords. One would have to be the Golden Magus, who could start with a mobile fleet-base like the Vampire Coast. The other could start in Lustria, in the Huahuan Desert, which is oddly empty despite how crowded Lustria has become. A third could start... well, in whatever corner of Araby isn't occupied by skaven, Bretonnia, Tiq'tak'to, or Arkhan.

It's... yeah, it's wishful thinking at this point. But I still like the idea.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,276
    Aman3712 said:

Araby has a complete roster from Warmaster and it's got lore to add more stuff.

For some reason people love to willfully ignore these facts.

They also like to content-deny and ignore the potential and presence of other factions that don't have official WHFB army books (only because they didn't get there in time).
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 2,945
    Ergios said:

Don't get me wrong, I am not against Araby but I think we have reached the point that Araby is very unlikely to be added quite a while ago, like.... a year ago?

You must be new here.

This forum operates largely on the basis of "If you make a fuss about it, they will come"...
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
    Abmong said:

Ergios said:

You must be new here.

This forum operates largely on the basis of "If you make a fuss about it, they will come"...
    I'm not & I know that but I still find these things interesting if delusional.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,032
    edited December 2019
    I don't think we'l get to see Araby; especially now with Repanse joining the fray and having a Southlands start somewhere (my guess? Antoch).

I hope Arabyan architecture gets added, though. The mishmash right now is terrible.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,387
    Ergios said:

Built from a giant pillar of salt, the Araby memorial's fountain gushes forth uncountable gallons of player tears...
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Anyone using the term 'iconic' incorrectly to pad out their dumb argument will be subject to immediate Bloodthirster summoning.
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Registered Users Posts: 615

Ergios said:

Built from a giant pillar of salt, the Araby memorial's fountain gushes forth uncountable gallons of player tears...
    Biggest salt mine in the game? XD
    100 Salt per round.
  • KirkwaldKirkwald Registered Users Posts: 947
    Repanse's horse is called Suleiman by the way. Just pointing that out.

I'm afraid it's already over for our desert dwelling friends.
    JungleElf said:

I don't think we'l get to see Araby; especially now with Repanse joining the fray and having a Southlands start somewhere (my guess? Antoch).

I hope Arabyan architecture gets added, though. The mishmash right now is terrible.

Yeah, makes the game look low-budget.

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,331
    Itharus said:

Seeing the lands of Araby continuously filled by factions that don't belong there is just flat out depressing.

Hopefully in game 3 version of mortal empires they will move most of them the hell out of there, add more settlements, and put Araby into the game where it should be.

Also random Skaven question -- does Eshin even conquer territory? I thought they were purely a service clan that had a single stronghold but then acted all over the world in secret.

Eshin holds territory, while not as ravenous about it as the other clans they do. Unless people wish to imagine they exclusively put all their eggs in one basket for training grounds, breeders, and the wealth they amass.
  • KotovskyKotovsky Member Registered Users Posts: 223
    You need to move about 15 factions residing in "Africa" just to place Araby. To much effort.
    There was huge lack of free land at VCoast release.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,331
    Kotovsky said:

You need to move about 15 factions residing in "Africa" just to place Araby. To much effort.

Hardly, given Lustria they are more than willing to pack the map. CAs own words are what hampers it. Not the ability.
  • ErathilErathil Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    They wouldn't need to move very much.

Replace one of the filler Bretonnian factions with one Araby lord, and put the other one far afield. My guess is the western coast of Lustria (north of Teclis' start location in Vortex, which is either ruined or held by a minor dark elf faction, and held by the Sentinels of Xeti minor Lizardmen faction in ME).

That gives you two playable factions with two start locations, and that's really all you need.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,276
    Kotovsky said:

Those provinces are huge, could be subdivided, and even stretched -- several parts of the maps are unduly sized, it's not to scale at all. There's nothing preventing Araby being placed.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,362
    Araby! Yes, a memorial. “Here you can see the ruins of an ancient great civilization, the Araby Kingdoms, long gone now we can only gaze at the future and ask ourselves “are they really gone?”
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!