Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Give Tretch dual start positions too.

mcalexevmcalexev Posts: 11Registered Users
Considering the new mortal empires map expansion includes Crookback Mountain, which is where Tretch and Clan Rictus reside in the lore, it'd be a cool thing if he got a dilemma like Malus that decides if he keeps Crookback Mountain or sells it to another clan for profit. That way he can retain his Naggaroth start position but also cater to lore nuts like me who'd prefer to have Clan Rictus be where they're supposed to be in the lore.

Comments

• 10101010 Posts: 174Registered Users
    mcalexev said:

Considering the new mortal empires map expansion includes Crookback Mountain, which is where Tretch and Clan Rictus reside in the lore, it'd be a cool thing if he got a dilemma like Malus that decides if he keeps Crookback Mountain or sells it to another clan for profit. That way he can retain his Naggaroth start position but also cater to lore nuts like me who'd prefer to have Clan Rictus be where they're supposed to be in the lore.

+ 1
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,517Registered Users
    Or just move Clan Rictus
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 3,953Registered Users
    Rictus should definitely be moved.
  • JycceJycce Posts: 161Registered Users
    Or just give him an Under-City in Crookback Mountain. You keep an interesting start pos for Tretch (Queek + Snikch + Tretch in the same area is a bit too much) and if you want to take back Crookback just build the Skaven Invasion building in the Under-City : Everyone is happy and CA saves time.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 2,161Registered Users
    Jycce said:

Or just give him an Under-City in Crookback Mountain. You keep an interesting start pos for Tretch (Queek + Snikch + Tretch in the same area is a bit too much) and if you want to take back Crookback just build the Skaven Invasion building in the Under-City : Everyone is happy and CA saves time.

That's a nice alternative, would take a while to get the settlement though. I think the vermintide building is really worth it once you've upgraded it with a few technologies but before that it's a bit weak.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Posts: 429Registered Users
    Honestly, just move Clan Ricuts in ME. While i'm perfectly fine with his startpos in the Vortex, Tretch has no business staying there even in ME. The only reason (in my mind) was because we had no Crookback yet. But now we do, so...
    That start would also be a lot of great fun both now and even more-so during game 3.
    edited December 3
    Jycce said:

Sounds kind of underwhelming for the stronghold of the second strongest Warlord clan. They should definitely get moved or be given the choice
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 2,113Registered Users

Jycce said:

Sounds kind of underwhelming for the stronghold of the second strongest Warlord clan. They should definitely get moved or be given the choice
    Not the mention the home of the finest Stormvermin in all of Skavendom!
  • Prkl8rPrkl8r Junior Member Posts: 434Registered Users
    Especially considering that the dark elves really seem to struggle in all my games these days.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 2,161Registered Users

Jycce said:

Isn't it Mors that has the best stormvermins ? Pretty sure Rictus has the larger amount of them but not the strongest ones.
    I don't know about Mors having the best... I just know that Rictus has an unusually large number of them in every litter.

• NemoxNemox Posts: 2,698Registered Users
    neodeinos said:

Jycce said:

Isn't it Mors that has the best stormvermins ? Pretty sure Rictus has the larger amount of them but not the strongest ones.
    It is a bit of a mix. Mors has an elite army of Stormvermin trained fighting in the big three way at K8P. Mors real strength is numbers and loyalty. Plus their practical approach to expansion/taking lesser clans has really made them a powerhouse.

Rictus is known for having the most Stormvermin, but I believe they are noted for also being even more menacing in appearance. They do have the Deathvermin elite force which was considered to be the best in all of Skavendom (Uniforms and Heraldry).
    I wish GW got around to explaining the Clan Mors unskaven unity and discipline
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,316Registered Users
    TBH, I'd rather see Eshin and Rictus just straight up swapped.

Eshin seems like they'd fit in MUCH better doing battle with Dark Elves over there than Rictus.
    Itharus said:

TBH, I'd rather see Eshin and Rictus just straight up swapped.

Eshin seems like they'd fit in MUCH better doing battle with Dark Elves over there than Rictus.

I always thought there was a possibility that the scary things in the underground sea of Naggarond where just more Skaven.

Possible... but that continent is chock full of weird stuff that the lizardmen killed before elves were even a thing. There were sentience beings and great powers in the world that the old ones had wiped out to make room for their creations. Some, and even the shades of some, still exist.
  • ConradToskanConradToskan Posts: 192Registered Users

Well in the End Times* there is still loads of internal betrayal within Clan Mors... I think there is not more because everyone is scared of the Headtaker.

*yeah I know, Endtimes bad - but there are also some good parts. The war in K8P definitly belongs to those....
    Nah... anything good in the end times is so thoroughly fouled by muck that it cannot be redeemed or redeem anything.

ET should just be remembered as a one off campaign promotion that GW did before ending the game...

...it wasn't the end of WHFB, it was just an instance that lead to a crappy spinoff, of which it became the origin.

I mean technically.... Storm of Chaos was basically End Times version 1 and that didn't stick as canon, either.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Posts: 1,125Registered Users
    +1
    Total War: Warhammer <3

Well in the End Times* there is still loads of internal betrayal within Clan Mors... I think there is not more because everyone is scared of the Headtaker.

*yeah I know, Endtimes bad - but there are also some good parts. The war in K8P definitly belongs to those....
    No.