Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

My wishlist for Wood Elves rework

FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,313
Hey guys,
I really like the WE, there werde my first campaign in WH1, but in WH2 there are unplayable in ME. In MP they are okay, most of the time i win with a melee build.

I think there 4 Things that CA must change to make the WE more interessting.

1. Amber System.

The Ambersystem Was interessting in WH1 but today it 'a simple to old. They schould remove the Amber cost from the units. Or they should make Amber like a Ressource from the Vortex campaign.

2. Technology

The WE have one if not the smallest Techtree in the game. They should at least double the tree. For example give the WE speciell tech for the other elve factions.

3. Settlements.

If you want to build a big empire with the WE you will face the Problem of defending your minor Settlements. You cannot build Walls. You cannot build a garrision. You cannot build recruitment buildings.
I think they need to have the option to build at least 2 buildings or they should be able to have Walls. (maybe through the New Techtree)
With recrutment buildings you dont need to recruit your army in Athel Loren and then march through your empire to get to the Front.

4. More LL

They have only two Lords at the Moment, who Start right next to eachother. Your game will most likely be alwaslys the same. Go to War with Bretonnia or the GS. Maybe then the empire or the southern kingdoms. Its always the same.
I hope for the twilight sisters and drycha or ariel. With the Startposition in the north of the empire and in the southlands.
I can think that the sister could work like Malus. You choose which sister you favor and get buffs for your campaign (public order) or for battle.

These are my thoughts one an WE rework.
What do you guys think?

Comments

• Cadia101Cadia101 Registered Users Posts: 1,400
    I am all for 1 , 2 and 4 but it is an absolute no no for 3 they should play tall and not wide and should be buffed to represent that.
  • Frank9945671Frank9945671 Registered Users Posts: 370
    Yeah, in game 1 I was very disappointed when I realize that there is no siege maps for WE. My hopes to see a beautiful WE architecture was crashed. Also, obviously, Athel Loren and Bretonnia are very small regions, I think they must be expanded, but this not gonna happen.
  • bretonniasucksbretonniasucks Registered Users Posts: 34
    The thing i hate most about wood elves is the outpost system. It gets very repetitive and there campaign is not very meaningful
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,012
    3: What they should have is a Hub and Spoke World Roots system (replacing the Underway copy). Have an outpost building "World Roots Gateway" (they may already have one called that" which connects that settlement to the Oak of Ages.

This means WEs will be able to defend their holdings as well as project power effectively which they cannot at this time as they haven't got many settlements outside of Athel Loren where they can build.

Perhaps to balance this there could be a limit on the number of these gateways (maybe upped by upgrading the Oak, which makes sence as it could be reacivating the withered world roots), and maybe they are unusable for a short period (5-10 turns?) after each use, so you have to be strategic with them.
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,313
    Goatforce said:

3: What they should have is a Hub and Spoke World Roots system (replacing the Underway copy). Have an outpost building "World Roots Gateway" (they may already have one called that" which connects that settlement to the Oak of Ages.

This means WEs will be able to defend their holdings as well as project power effectively which they cannot at this time as they haven't got many settlements outside of Athel Loren where they can build.

Perhaps to balance this there could be a limit on the number of these gateways (maybe upped by upgrading the Oak, which makes sence as it could be reacivating the withered world roots), and maybe they are unusable for a short period (5-10 turns?) after each use, so you have to be strategic with them.

That could work to. Important is That they can defend their settlrments better.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,332
    • Spites - Magical Items/Followers
    • Dryads - of different tree types. Was in 4th edition.
    • Healing the World Roots
    • Spellweaver
    • Kindreds - Lord Customization/Special Traits
    • Zoats
    • Ariel
  • Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 3,428
    Yep, but add:

5. some more ROR and more ammo variants for archers and melee variants for glade riders/hawkriders
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,171
    Wood Elf Chariot from 4e, awesome model that I still have.
    Wood Elf beast packs, lions and bears, from 3e.
    Falconer (actually a special character model, but would be cool as a hero).
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,453
    Ferestor said:

Hey guys,
    I really like the WE, there werde my first campaign in WH1, but in WH2 there are unplayable in ME. In MP they are okay, most of the time i win with a melee build.

I think there 4 Things that CA must change to make the WE more interessting.

1. Amber System.

The Ambersystem Was interessting in WH1 but today it 'a simple to old. They schould remove the Amber cost from the units. Or they should make Amber like a Ressource from the Vortex campaign.

2. Technology

The WE have one if not the smallest Techtree in the game. They should at least double the tree. For example give the WE speciell tech for the other elve factions.

3. Settlements.

If you want to build a big empire with the WE you will face the Problem of defending your minor Settlements. You cannot build Walls. You cannot build a garrision. You cannot build recruitment buildings.
    I think they need to have the option to build at least 2 buildings or they should be able to have Walls. (maybe through the New Techtree)
    With recrutment buildings you dont need to recruit your army in Athel Loren and then march through your empire to get to the Front.

4. More LL

They have only two Lords at the Moment, who Start right next to eachother. Your game will most likely be alwaslys the same. Go to War with Bretonnia or the GS. Maybe then the empire or the southern kingdoms. Its always the same.
    I hope for the twilight sisters and drycha or ariel. With the Startposition in the north of the empire and in the southlands.
    I can think that the sister could work like Malus. You choose which sister you favor and get buffs for your campaign (public order) or for battle.

These are my thoughts one an WE rework.
    What do you guys think?

Well said.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,588
    Great Stag mount when choosing melee path for Glade Lord.

Spell weaver

More LL’s.

Reworked Amber. Not scrapped just reworked.

Proper World Roots. Ability to move between Actual WE settlements. They mustn’t become another faction that conquests but rather does hit and fade attacks.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 2,371
    -Drycha, Araloth & Ariel are possible LLs

-You should be able to play them without owning the Oak Of Ages
    they´re really bound to just one area

-Amber mechanic should get another look
    ( although I was swimming in Amber once I allied with Empire )
    Spellweaver Generals (High & Dark Magic) should get added.

-The Office mechanic could be completely scratched imo
  • ErathilErathil Registered Users Posts: 1,367
    Updated Wood Elves are pretty much my most wanted addition to the game at this point. You've touched on all the big points.

Their biggest issue is point three; they need to expand and take settlements or ally with empires in order to get amber, but they're explicitly designed to be bad at storming walled settlements and unable to defend territory.

Their entire expansion system needs to be reworked. I'd prefer to see a system that doesn't depend on them taking and holding territory, but rather taking certain strategic locations as a method of expanding the World Roots. The World Roots could be reworked as a global fast transportation system, letting Wood Elves quickly move armies from Athel Loren to distant locations.
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,255

• Spellweaver
    • Zoats
    • Ariel
    You know what? Just give them Zoats. The Dragon Ogre skeleton and animations could probably be used they would have to just pull a Kharybdiss
  • josehtellez96josehtellez96 Registered Users Posts: 16
    Wouldn’t it be cool if, like lorewise, when defending a wood-elf settlement units could be placed on top of “chunks of wall” resembling tree canopy? Not actually making it a walled settlement, but distributing around the map in some forest patches this little sections with room for barely two units, that cause fatigue to enemies when climbing on top of them; assaulting for example a unit of glade guard peppering them that would be otherwise vulnerable to cavalry charges if not “perched on”.

I ‘ve seen modders achieve something similar in custom maps. If it is too much work, their settlements could be distributed like the inside of empire forts, with different levels and layers but with a forest aesthetic.
  • Aman3712Aman3712 Registered Users Posts: 662
    For lords I'm hoping for Ariel and Drycha, and maybe Araloth, since they are in dire need of more lord choices. In terms of generic lords, heroes, mounts, and units, though;

- Spellweaver
    - Glade Captain
    - Great Stag Mount
    - Shadowdancers
    - Zoats
    - Maybe a new tree spirit unit/variant
    - Forest Chariot
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,628

• Spellweaver
    • Zoats
    • Ariel
    yes more trees, and great stag mounts

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• SokaroSokaro Registered Users Posts: 69
    edited December 2019
    Let's redo the list with with everything then xD

- Spites - Magical Items/Followers
    - Dryads "Aspects" of different tree types: Birch,Willow and Oak. Was in 4th edition.
    - Healing the World Roots (campaign mechanic)
    - Lore of Athel Loren (how could you miss that one guys xD) 4th edition too.
    - More Lores of magic
    - Kindreds - Lord Customization/Special Traits
    - Spellweaver as Lord
    - Shadowdancers be the elite unit and Bladesinger the hero choice
    - Additionnal dances for Wardancers
    - Glade Captain as hero
    - Glade Knights (melee version of Glade Riders)
    - Great Stag Mount
    - Forest Chariot and Zoats: not really needed but more is always good ^^ but in my opinion, i don't want the chariot just to keep their identity don't want them to compete with HE and DE on this. Zoats fit more likely in a hero spot since lorewise their low in number and they are casters to.

For LL's:
    - Ariel/Naestra & Arahan
    - Drycha/Naieth/Araloth (those are easily FLC material) just Araloth being by far the least interesting for me.
    Post edited by Sokaro on