Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

4 full fantasy titles within 5 years, yet Rome 3 taking almost 10 years?

Ado5Ado5 Registered Users Posts: 16
edited December 2019 in Total War General Chat
MODS PLEASE MOVE INTO GENERAL SECTION, I POSTED IN THE WRONG PLACE.... most definitely the wrong place :#

That title alone says it all, it's a harsh reality check really.... :#

So we got Warhammer 1 through the upcoming 3rd, all fantasy and 3kingdoms a semi-fantasy title.....
I understand Fantasy is their money maker now, I get that..... but they are literally stepping away from what made them great as a studio, they've sold out the people who supported them in the beginning.
Most of these Warhammer fans came over to Total War from the Fantasy Field in recent years, they weren't there from the beginning in the early 2000's, they didn't help build up a small studio into multiple studios worldwide....

I will say it is a shrewd and smart business decision I admit, because us fans who have been there since early 2000's, we've all gotten older and have lost interest in video gaming in general at our age, so it's not like us mid 30's and 40+ year old guys are gonna rush out to buy all the games and all the DLC the way these Warhammer youngins are doing...
They needed fresh fans, younger fans, or lifetime fans like you get with those fantasy role playing card games, so with Warhammer they've hit a homerun.... I get all of that...

But it's still a sad state of affairs when you turn your back on what made you great in the first place
Post edited by Ado5 on
Tagged:

Comments

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,822
    edited December 2019
    Classifying 3k as fantasy? :| Its fictional history at worst.

Misa thinks this be a troll bait thread.
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,474
    oh Boi, so much sweet sweet salt. Best place to complain about warhammer total war titles :D
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,379
    So, what, the Dogs of War didn't count?

I'm fairly certain they weren't literal dogs...
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 528
    Wrong section... move to Rome 3
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,323
    Thanks for speaking for everyone. I bought Shogun the day it was released. I’m in my 30’s. I have bought every TW WH content they’ve done. I played nearly every Total War game and have no desire to go back to a historical title anytime soon. Not with the asynchronous style of this series. The replay value is much higher for me here. But please feel free to continue to have an unearned sense of self satisfaction because you are a true fan who’s given CA less of their business than I, a fake fan, have.
    Later
  • beegee84beegee84 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 273

Thanks for speaking for everyone. I bought Shogun the day it was released. I’m in my 30’s. I have bought every TW WH content they’ve done. I played nearly every Total War game and have no desire to go back to a historical title anytime soon. Not with the asynchronous style of this series. The replay value is much higher for me here. But please feel free to continue to have an unearned sense of self satisfaction because you are a true fan who’s given CA less of their business than I, a fake fan, have.

Same here........ They've done it to death

I would be interested if they made medievil 3 though as medi evil 2 was the best of the histrorical games once they'd spent 2 year's patching it
  • Ado5Ado5 Registered Users Posts: 16
    Hondlis said:

Wrong section... move to Rome 3

I'm speaking of the GENERAL state of things in regards to multiple games..... thus it belongs in the GENERAL section friendo B)

What sense of self satisfaction? you're over estimating your ability to assume correctly buddy, settle down....

I'm speaking for the many of us who have ZERO interest in fantasy...... many of you may not know there's still a lot of us out there, because you spend all your time on this forum which might as well be renamed "Warhammer Forum"

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,899
    the assumption that people come "recently" to TW through TW WH, is while actually being an argument pro WH, false.

Myself included there are many Warhammer fans who also always where TW fans.
    Your self asserted delusion that "you" "build" the studio is reason for concern.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • justyhawkjustyhawk Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 461
    Rome 3? I believe Medieval 3 should be first in line. Hardly as though Rome 2 is very dated yet.
    justyhawk said:

Rome 3? I believe Medieval 3 should be first in line. Hardly as though Rome 2 is very dated yet.

or an Empire 2, or a TW "Victoria"...

from all titles to chose Rome III...
    perhaps he is a causal who simply doesn't know the other titles.
    Ado5 said:

What sense of self satisfaction? you're over estimating your ability to assume correctly buddy, settle down....

I'm speaking for the many of us who have ZERO interest in fantasy...... many of you may not know there's still a lot of us out there, because you spend all your time on this forum which might as well be renamed "Warhammer Forum"

it is actually called the "Total War: Warhammer" forum or at least this part is.

So...
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,195
    Ado5 said:

Don't care, this is the Warhammer forum here.
    edited December 2019
    Well this is going as I expected........ Let me put it to you boys another way.....

Just look at the numbers, put your feelings aside and look at the numbers in the title....... do they make sense to any of you ?

Well those numbers only work because you discount both 3K and thrones of Britannia.

So yeah your numbers are BS.

Also if you want to go all big number how about this:
    from the fist TW Shogun to TW Wh1 it took 16 years...

So yeah try patient we did have it.
  • Unruly_MarmiteUnruly_Marmite Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 184
    Ado5 said:

This is a Warhammer forum. I don't know if you've noticed, but there are separate forums for Warhammer, Atilla, Rome 2 and Three Kingdoms in the sidebar, you're posting in General Discussion, Total War: WARHAMMER. And besides that, between Rome and Rome 2 there was nine years. Rome 2 was released six years ago. And in addition to that, it's completely asinine to state that CA has sold out older fans and then immediately state that said older fans have been buying less games and moving away from gaming. Not only are those assertions completely without base, but if they are true then it's the older fans who've abandoned CA, not the other way around.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Registered Users Posts: 5,663
    I agree. Not enough fantasy titles.
    Oh wow :D

I have to apologize my dudes, I had no idea I was in the General Section of the WARHAMMER FORUM, it's been years since I've really been here.... stopped coming around the time Warhammer 1 came out...

I thought I was in the General Section of the Forum...and mods if you can move this to the General section I would appreciate it..
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,771
    Total War 2. The game so broken on release it smashed my love of TW will fantasy came about.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,771
    Xenos7 said:

I agree. Not enough fantasy titles.

I second this.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,049
    Come back in another 10 years, then maybe there might be hints about Rome 3 to talk about.

Also, Medieval 3 should be first, if anything.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
    Again, sorry guys.... I thought I was posting in the General Forum section.... I really didn't mean to intentionally troll or whatever...

MODS PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE GENERAL SECTION, THANKS
    no mods online right now and seriously, you are... well lets keep with the forum rules...
  • OrderOfTheWhiteWolfOrderOfTheWhiteWolf Registered Users Posts: 111
    beegee84 said:

Same here........ They've done it to death

I would be interested if they made medievil 3 though as medi evil 2 was the best of the histrorical games once they'd spent 2 year's patching it
    I’ve had a lot great memories with Medieval 2, so I would love to see Medieval 3. Unfortunately Warhammer has really spoiled us in terms of making incredibly unique factions and mechanics, making for bigger replay value.

3K tried to do this by giving each faction leader a special campaign ability but aside from this, a unique building chain, and a few unique units they all played the same way with the same unit roster. Which is why for me it only got maybe 2 play throughs before I was done with it and went back to WH. It also helps that WH has awesome looking monsters too.

I feel if they were to do a Medieval 3 then each of the playable Kingdoms would need to be very unique from each other in order to have the same replay value of Warhammer.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,359
    • 2015 = Total War: Attila
    • 2016 = Total War: Warhammer
    • 2017 = Total War: Warhammer II
    • 2018 = Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia
    • 2019 = Total War: Three Kingdoms
    • 2020 = Total War Saga: Troy
    • 2021 = Total War: Warhammer III (?)
    So, 7 years and only three Warhammer titles? Doom of the historical games?

Also, while your story may hold true for you, it is not for the vast "majority" of those historical patriots. Here, just a topic from today I found already interesting but fits here like a glove
    https://np.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/e7qucw/nonfans_of_warhammer_tabletop_what_did_you_did/
    And while you cry about the purists who made CA big, a lot of them are really happy with Warhammer anyway and/or played also already Wahrammer back in the days of Rome or Shogun.

CA is a company and of course also looks where the money is. Here, look at it and weep.

Here, https://steamcharts.com/ check every other title out. Shogun, Rome, whatever. TWW player count is basically at least doubled or on a way higher basis. And that are not just Fantasy fans who play their first Total War game in life as pointed out, but also a lot of Total War players from way back, who just enjoy the game(s) and still go back to their historical title every once in a while.

------Red Dox
    SiWI said:

no mods online right now and seriously, you are... well lets keep with the forum rules...

I'm what ? I have a different opinion than you, so I'm an a hole ??

yup... exactly the type of mindset I'd expect from someone who probably spends hours in a mall fantasy game shop playing card games with other neckbeards

I already apologized more than once, but none of that matters I suppose because I have a different opinion so I'm the ahole
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Registered Users Posts: 5,663
    Ado5 said:

yup... exactly the type of mindset I'd expect from someone who probably spends hours in a mall fantasy game shop playing card games with other neckbeards

Instead of spending hours in a miniature game shop playing historical wargames with other neckbeards, you mean?

Mate, we're all gamers here.
    Ado5 said:

SiWI said:

I'm what ? I have a different opinion than you, so I'm an a hole ??

I already apologized more than once, but none of that matters I suppose because I have a different opinion so I'm the ahole
    no not just.

you are too ***** to read in which forum you post your BS. And it is BS as show by many comments here who demonstrate the holes in your "logic".

And the fact that you, who couldn't read which forum you post, insults others is hilarious.
  • VoxofWarVoxofWar Member Registered Users Posts: 257
    Some irony from me - I played every TW Games since Medieval One (Except Thrones and now 3K) - and what brought me into it? Warhammer - Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen. Pretty sure I am not totally alone with this among the older fans, and I also think not all long term fans of Total War reject Warhammer and its fans are mostly newcomers.

Also - as most others have said - Medieval 3 please. That is the only historical title I really care for

And that Medieval 3 - should really take some notes from Warhammer, at least in regards faction mechanics. If the HRE does not get an Elector-Count mechanic, for example, I will riot on the streets and demand blood. Or sulk in a corner, undecided yet
    SiWI..

I made an honest mistake and apologized more than once..... you insult me and call me names because I have a different opinion and disagree with my points, none of my points are invalid either btw, they're all opinions based on what I've seen.

cool story kid... end of story though