Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

4 full fantasy titles within 5 years, yet Rome 3 taking almost 10 years?

2»

Comments

• AdKr5AdKr5 Registered Users Posts: 17
    y'know what dudes......... all this Warhammer passion got me curious, I think I'll fire up Warhammer 2 and see what the fuss is about....

I'm dead serious dudes, installing right now actually.... :*

What's the most realistic approach to the game ? I mean a faction with real men and no monsters, etc.....
  • BulanskovichBulanskovich Constanta, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 648
    Ado5 said:

y'know what dudes......... all this Warhammer passion got me curious, I think I'll fire up Warhammer 2 and see what the fuss is about....

What's the most realistic approach to the game ? I mean a faction with real men and no monsters, etc.....

High Elves are the closest you'll get to that, the only human faction in 2 if you only own 2 is Markus Wulfhart but he's part of DLC.
    "Don't leave for tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." - Will find the author of the quote some other time.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,052
    Ado5 said:

SiWI..

I made an honest mistake and apologized more than once..... you insult me and call me names because I have a different opinion and disagree with my points, none of my points are invalid either btw, they're all opinions based on what I've seen.

cool story kid... end of story though

honest or not, it was stupid and given that you kinda build your narrativ about that you couldn't navigate this forum, adds to the delusions you suffer.

And I only call you one name, meanwhile you call people who like Warhammer and TW WH "neckbeards" in the 2nd post.
    But then again one needs to be a "neckbeard nerd" in order to navigate this forum to post in the right spot... apparently.

All the while never even attempt to defend your opinions against the simple points that were raised.

And lets be clear here:
    3K being a historcial game isn't an opinion or not.
    Nor the fact that you discount ToB and Attilia for that matter, in order to make your BS point.

So yeah "kid"... you sad story ending is for the better.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Daedalusx007Daedalusx007 Registered Users Posts: 72
    Rome 2 was still getting content last year. Moreover as a thirty something cleaning my apartment I found a dusty CD jacket with all three Rome Total war CDs. Those were the days, before steam. You had to switch out the cds to install the game. In fact I think I have Warhammer models as old as those CDs.

Point being the two can coexist.

Furthermore Troy and Three Kingdoms are historical titles based on events that actually happened. Creative retellings of stories are often the basis of historical understanding, and embracing the Iliad or Romance of the Three Kingdoms and their larger than life depictions of people and events doesn’t make them any less historical.
    The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong but those are the ways to bet.

I fully support Dogs of War and Kislev for DLC.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 20,714
    Ado5 said:

Again, sorry guys.... I thought I was posting in the General Forum section.... I really didn't mean to intentionally troll or whatever...

MODS PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE GENERAL SECTION, THANKS

S'all good.

I should say you are welcome to your opinion, but it's a case of honey attracting more bees than lemon or whatever that saying is.

Have a good day.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • IconicIconic Registered Users Posts: 516
    Ado5 said:

If you wait until the free update on Thursday/Friday you can play as Repanse de lyonnaise who leads a human medieval themed faction.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,554
    I completely disagree but you’re entitled to your opinion.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,450
    I don't claim to be the biggest TW guy ever, but I've played TW since Rome 1, and I feel a bit miffed at this notion of "the warhammer nerds invaded our TW". Dude, we were always here.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,342
    @Ado5 let us know what you think of Warhammer :D
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,474
    Something I haven't seen pointed out, WH1, 2 and 3 have a number of big changes in setting, factions and characters. Rome 1, 2 and 3 have the exact same setting, they have the same limit of characters and faction choices, only thing they can expand upon is new research and better performance allowing more details. Of course that requires waiting for the research to be published and the improvements in tech to spread. So yeah there should be quite a few fantasy titles before R3 and I'm someone who isn't personally interested in the fantasy titles.
  • virginia1861virginia1861 Registered Users Posts: 139
    edited December 2019
    Ado5 said:

MODS PLEASE MOVE INTO GENERAL SECTION, I POSTED IN THE WRONG PLACE.... most definitely the wrong place :#

That title alone says it all, it's a harsh reality check really.... :#

So we got Warhammer 1 through the upcoming 3rd, all fantasy and 3kingdoms a semi-fantasy title.....
    I understand Fantasy is their money maker now, I get that..... but they are literally stepping away from what made them great as a studio, they've sold out the people who supported them in the beginning.
    Most of these Warhammer fans came over to Total War from the Fantasy Field in recent years, they weren't there from the beginning in the early 2000's, they didn't help build up a small studio into multiple studios worldwide....

I will say it is a shrewd and smart business decision I admit, because us fans who have been there since early 2000's, we've all gotten older and have lost interest in video gaming in general at our age, so it's not like us mid 30's and 40+ year old guys are gonna rush out to buy all the games and all the DLC the way these Warhammer youngins are doing...
    They needed fresh fans, younger fans, or lifetime fans like you get with those fantasy role playing card games, so with Warhammer they've hit a homerun.... I get all of that...

But it's still a sad state of affairs when you turn your back on what made you great in the first place

They did this a long time ago to the original tw fans up to empire tw . I bought rome 2 wish i had not but have not played since. Rome 2 was to me a fantasy game already dependent on magic spells like push this button to make your guys do so and so. I have know taken up other historic strategy games. The irony is the only reason i pop in once in awhile is to see if they do my ultimate fantasy game, Lord of the Rings, that and that alone is what could cause me to buy a tw game. The historical titles are to fantasy already in their game play.

Well a medieval 3 if it was maddabel like the old days I would get as well.
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,144
    There are 11 years between Shogun and Shogun 2, 9 years between Rome and Rome 2. It has been 13 years since Medieval 2.

I'm not seeing any real slowdown that came about because of Warhammer. I've been waiting for Medieval 3 for quite a while now.

I'll second 3K being a fantasy title though. It may be "historical fiction" but it's still fiction, and even records mode doesn't change that the game is based around characters from a literary work, not countries in a historical setting. They spent way too much time on differentiating the characters, instead of the factions.
  • TheWittyWatermelomTheWittyWatermelom Member Registered Users Posts: 135
    I dont care if they want to do a fantasy game once every 2 or 3 years. But what annoys me a lot is that they're bringing fantasy and fiction into historical titles. First Three Kingdoms and now Troy. Historical needs to be 100% historical not mixed with fairy tales.

Keep fictional and historical titles separate.