Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Shadow & The Blade - Master Feedback Thread

CA_JamesCA_James Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 397
Please provide any feedback relating to The Shadow & The Blade here.

Comments

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,068
    Not enough rats......NEVER ENOUGH RATS!
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 8,986
    edited December 2019
    Make plunge into anarchy into something more interesting and not just a console command of deleting factions

Fix order factions (dawi has for years dominated) to be balanced when used by the ai

Change ai in sieges to not go AFK

Add a decline diplomacy option

Make difficulty settings into options (want no PO penalty but larger ai armies then check those things)

Change victory objectives to something fun rather than copy paste the same 17 settlements for dozens of LLs

Cap resistance stacking at 70%
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,283

Minotaur price decrease by 50, not 100 as patch notes said?
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Registered Users Posts: 3,689
    I'm still baffled they dropped minotaur prices again. 1250 for minos is a god damn steal.
  • TumbleTumble Registered Users Posts: 552
    Norscan lord skill tree's are still sub-par compared to other melee generals.
  • darkgaia01darkgaia01 Registered Users Posts: 283
    remove all the low quality 2D unit portraits they look really stuiped and **** now compared to the new LL ones
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Registered Users Posts: 863
    Does Khalida Necroserpent mount get the same fixes (animation removal) as Necroknights?

Necroserpent has the same problematic animations that the Necroknights suffer from.

@CA_James
    @CA_Duck
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • SelakahSelakah Registered Users Posts: 487
    The Fay Enchantres' Mirror is back to sharing an item type with the Chalice of Potions. This was fixed in the previous patch but it looks like it was reverted.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,421
    edited December 2019
    Tumble said:

Norscan lord skill tree's are still sub-par compared to other melee generals.

It feels like they upgraded the God skills and then promptly removed the entire yellow skill line because it was thought no longer needed? At least mine is missing. That wasn't what I was expecting :D .
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Private_GubsyPrivate_Gubsy Registered Users Posts: 36
    @darkgaia01

I think they contrast nicely with the lords and heroes, wouldn’t it look incredibly confusing if instead every unit was just a weird face sticking out at you. It wouldn’t work for units that looks similar (archers, Infantry) or for complex monsters (medusa shrine, necrofex etc.)
  • CanamelCanamel Registered Users Posts: 8
    some ranged units missile damage bar has red on it. they doing less damage now.
  • Black_PhillipBlack_Phillip Registered Users Posts: 484
    Cairn Wraiths are missing the "Causes Fear" attribute.
  • markusasmarkusas Registered Users Posts: 213
    When game 3 comes out I want to travel the world from the east to west and invade the western shores of Naggaroth. Also expand Mortal Empires South and West to make Southlands, Lustria and Western Naggaroth great again!
  • markusasmarkusas Registered Users Posts: 213
    @CA_Duck @CA_James Is the Flame Cannon Projectile vanishing midair fixed?
    When game 3 comes out I want to travel the world from the east to west and invade the western shores of Naggaroth. Also expand Mortal Empires South and West to make Southlands, Lustria and Western Naggaroth great again!
  • furtissimfurtissim Registered Users Posts: 217
    Most ranged units' damage is nerfed. Hotfix? :)
  • BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 952
    It is way too early to provide detailed feedback, but I do see one issue that I really wish CA would address. The new medusa units seem to suffer terribly when they try to range attack most things.

I have no issue with ranged units becoming obstructed. It makes sense. What I want is some kind of notice or a better indicator when a unit is obstructed (put a huge X over it's unit card as an example). It is disheartening to fight a battle and realize your ranged units - in this case, the bloodwrack medusa - barely attacked anything.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 1,952
    edited December 2019
    Dark Elves side of DLC could be better, by now no one is talking about Malus thanks to Skaven mechanics and overall Skaven side of DLC.

Also from what I've seen Malus is using Tyrion's animations, when Skaven LL has own sitting animation . . .
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,822
    markusas said:
    Missile damage is shown as nerfed (red) to me and others.

Turn timer is super fast though! <3
  • Hypocrite2019Hypocrite2019 Registered Users Posts: 27
    Hello, CA. the new DLC shadow and blade is updated, and, the kroxigors skin bug still no fixed correctly. And its get worse than the last version.
  • AekisAekis Registered Users Posts: 4
    Hello CA, i've launched a Mortal Empire game with Settra expecting to have Origo's Knights in Zandri, but it's Strygos Empire as before. When we play with Repanse alone or in multiplayer with Repanse (even with Settra), Zandri is owned by Origo's Knight.

Is this difference intended ? I've never seen a campaign map changed like this before.

Thank you !
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 1,217
    I was so hyped regarding the skilltree changes for the marauder chieftains... Thats all CA? Just reduced the points for the god skills? This doesn't change anything! The Chieftains still suck in combat when not on a mammoth!

It doesn't have to be soemthing special, just give them the melee skills of the other races!

Really. really dissapointed...
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Registered Users Posts: 2,189
    Open hands for Eshin Sorcerer. He’s not fully gripping his weapons.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 590
    Aekis said:

Hello CA, i've launched a Mortal Empire game with Settra expecting to have Origo's Knights in Zandri, but it's Strygos Empire as before. When we play with Repanse alone or in multiplayer with Repanse (even with Settra), Zandri is owned by Origo's Knight.

Is this difference intended ? I've never seen a campaign map changed like this before.

Thank you !

It's the new dynamic starts we got with H&B. Depending on who you start with, the AI could own different settlements. When you play as Nakai, Markus owns a lot of settlements around Lustria. When you play as Gor-Rok, Pestilens owns more settlements than normal. It's probably a design decision with Repanse as well.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,342
    Attempt at Constructive Criticism #1: (Spoilers for Malus Darkblade novels).

Malus campaign start position choice is good, as are the "whispers" of Tzaarkan. The rest is ripped straight from either Hellebron's campaign (which was not great) or the Vortex campaign itself, which is alright. Much like Hellebron, there is an increasingly expensive button you click to alleviate a debuff. Much like the Hellebron campaign, this is a bad way to implement Malus' possession mechanic. Because eventually, the mechanic in Hellebron's campaign was effectively free too, because you had so many bonuses to slave capturing that you eventually just had infinite slaves and thus the mechanic became a moot point. Once you're swimming in cash and the elixir is free, the back-and-forth of the Malus possession mechanic loses a lot of its intensity. You basically will just be wanting to sit at the middle of the possession bar, because once you've got a large enough Empire, Tzaarkan is never going to compete with a faction-wide debuff of -50% replenishment. There's no way preventing 4-5 armies, black arks, etc., from replenishing will be worth using him. It's sort of sad tbh. But I think there are ways to fix that, which I get into later on in the post.

Another issue is by the time the elixir is free, you've likely already won the campaign in all but name, and perhaps even literally. I mentioned that Malus' campaign mechanics are similar to the Vortex campaign, and that this is a bit disappointing. How so? Well it's not quite the possession that's similar, it's how you get the elixir to be free. By collecting the scrolls, you get "shipment" attacks. So if you ship X scrolls to Malekith (read: perform a ritual for the vortex) you get attacked by skaven (read: you get attacked by chaos). Literally the same thing but with different factions. I think, at the very least, every single new LL from a LP deserves an iterative campaign objective, rather than a derivative one.

Some people when I voiced my annoyances before, thought I'm critiquing the sheer similarity. No, that's obviously not the problem. If the mechanic was taken from a really engaging, fun mechanic like Skryre's workshop, that'd be great. I wouldn't complain. In fact, before the DLC, I suggested a Tzaarkan mechanic similar to that. Instead of collecting scrolls to make a plot device free, you collect the scrolls (or any item really) to spend on fleshing out Malus' special "daemon' skill tree. One tree leads to extremely powerful (but also self harming) abilities that the Daemon has, but the other tree is all about Malus as a regular elf. That's where you'd get the economy bonuses, army leadership bonuses, maybe extra cold one knight bonuses, ETC. In a sense it's like a tech tree. Speaking of trees though, Malus' skill tree is somewhat of a miss to me. Don't get me wrong, giving his daemon form terror is great, but some of these other abilities are not all that great. Example, cooldown reduction on his abilities. Sounds great! Oh wait, his abilities damage him. So you're effectively paying to damage him more too, yet another aspect of the possession mechanic that forces you into paying for something mediocre, rather than a straight buff. Meanwhile, Skaven and well, almost every single other LP gives mechanics that have truly strong buffs without having to pay a significant resource (skill points, gold, etc.) for what is really a mediocre tradeoff of buffs and debuffs.

I could go on, about how "0 possession" makes your faction's armies fight like high elves rookies with -10 MA across ALL armies (iirc), which is some of the least thematic debuffs I"ve ever seen, it's practically counter intuitive. Why would Malus being with his wits about him start sucking at leading armies, the one thing he's known for in the novels / lore? It doesn't make much sense.

I remember CA responded to a different post I made that was a lot more **** off in tone, and I do apologize for that. But I don't buy that this was made the way it was because and I am paraphrasing here: to give the player the experience of both negative and positive emotions that Malus felt as he went through his journeys. The thing is though, when Malus went through moments like those, there were legit reasons as to why those emotions were happening. When Malus has to retrieve the items for Tzaarkan, he is tricked by his siblings into going after the same item that his father is. A set up by his siblings lead him to find the item, which he's happy about, but later realize that he's killed his own father in order to do so. The point is, that's a very clear-cut, thematic reason to be feeling a negative and positive emotion at the same time. When Malus is at his "normal" possession, i.e., in the middle, he doesn't get much good or bad out of it. This is fine. But ironically enough, Malus thrives when he throws himself into crazy situations, so I'm surprised CA, who wanted to make this all about Malus' lore and backstory, decided to do the opposite and make throwing him into extremes a net debuff rather than something that is encouraged. Yes I'm aware full possession -50% replenishment is only there for 1 turn. But, that's if you have the money, and more importantly, is as stated above, not going to be worth Tzaarkan if 4-5 armies of your faction no longer have access to replenishment when you're fighting against another superpower like Lothern, Empire, Dwarfs, etc.

Thanks for reading!
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • CanamelCanamel Registered Users Posts: 8
    - Didnt like Malus, sadly.
    - Medusas is kinda meh.
    - Tested snikch, he is promising.
    - Poisoned wind mortars seems like good for only siege battles.
    - Norscan chieftain change is simply not enough. they need more love CA : / normal melee skills maybe?
    - Ranged units bug needs a hotfix.
    - Turn times are amazing right now, thank you very much for this.
    - Warp-grinders are good, i like their abilities.
    - Like death runners change.

thank you, have a nice day.
  • AekisAekis Registered Users Posts: 4

Aekis said:

Thank you !

It's the new dynamic starts we got with H&B. Depending on who you start with, the AI could own different settlements. When you play as Nakai, Markus owns a lot of settlements around Lustria. When you play as Gor-Rok, Pestilens owns more settlements than normal. It's probably a design decision with Repanse as well.

Oh.... Well, okay, i was so happy to kick some bretonnians at turn 1, i will have to wait a little, as usual :) Thanks for your answer !
  • DexieaDexiea Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited December 2019
    - Rapense is not bad but her blinding spell should have a bit more radius to be effective
    - VERY DISAPPOINTED that the new legendary hero with awesome Hippogryph mount is not compatible with Fay Enchanteress or Alberic since he only comes with a sub-faction that does not have any good flying lords
    - Hyppo knights are still overpriced and Bret is still a lame faction when compared to others...
    - Medusas are meh
    - Medusa attack animations are too jerky and hysterical. I would like to see more smooth and "heavy" movements for the big monster.
    - Spell balance changes improved the MP game experience a lot. [damage % increase; MA/MD reduce]
    - No Kharybdiss buffs? It is still the most worthless unit in the game for its price
    - Minotaurs everywhere ...

[I'm MP pvp player only. I don't like campaign, I don't care about it and I only play vs other players]
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 1,864
    Loving the campaign so far as Malus Darkblade. However, come across a bug.

I was defending Tor Surpindar and was attacked by Skaven lord Trer. Its a fight I can win, but the buttons are greyed out and it says no siege equipment available, even though I am the defender. I am not using any mods, playing pure vanilla.

Screenshot.

Any ideas?

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 24,666
    Forest visibility still not fixed.

What's the problem here, seriously? 3K has it massively improved, why is it impossible to port those changes over? It's just a rim outline and displaying UI elements above the map elements, don't tell me that Warhammer can't handle this.

Without this, a lot of maps are still utterly unplayable and AR fodder.

Very disappointed. That was low hanging QoL fruit, CA.

• Giveaway412Giveaway412 Registered Users Posts: 124
    Playing Fellheart in the Vortex. There's no recruitment panel for Master heroes despite my owning a Level 2 barracks. The other three heroes are there.