Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Skarsnik Changes

ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 27,060
Skarsnik starts now with a T3 settlement and two additional building spots unlocked right away. Nice! Should make it easier for him to survive and influence the campaign.

Found a mistake though, his barracks has Goblins and Goblin Archers available at T3, which is redundant since you get them both unlocked at base settlement chain level already.

So Greenskins were thrown a tiny morsel at least. Can't wait for their major rework!

Tagged:

Comments

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,797
    Hmm it´s good that it will probably leave the AI better of when it´s controlling him, but let´s hope it´s not neutering the difficulty of his campaign, we need those very tough outlier campaigns.

Regarding the Greenskins update: I truly hope they make a giant Greenskin DLC, they still have loads of potential units and really really need a mechanic rework, basically they are so outdated currently it´s not even funny.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 2,802
    Nice to see that they think of changes like this aswell! It should help him quite a lot, and also allow you to have proper night goblins earlier. Did you see if they added a landmark for the greenskins to black pit btw?
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,279
    Should make that Legendary campaigning a lot easier even if nothing else changes. I really owe myself a Skarsnik run before the Greenskin update. This would be the perfect time.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,189

Skarsnik starts now with a T3 settlement and two additional building spots unlocked right away. Nice! Should make it easier for him to survive and influence the campaign.

Found a mistake though, his barracks has Goblins and Goblin Archers available at T3, which is redundant since you get them both unlocked at base settlement chain level already.

So Greenskins were thrown a tiny morsel at least. Can't wait for their major rework!

Good to know!

I almost always do a Skarsnik run first after a patch... but to my everlasting shame this time I started off as Lokhir because the thought of Greenskinning after another powercreep was too much for me to bear without steeling myself a bit first.

Black Arks are lovely now, btw. Masters are nice too, I didn't even realize we were getting those.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,790
    That's pretty good. The redundant military building is a nice bit of extra money.

When the Ork DLC drops I might buy his DLC and play him first.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
    It's not redundant. It lets you recruit nasty skulkers right away. Which is nice. Previously there was a lull turn or two where you didn't really do anything. Now there is not.

I did find out that once you have a goblin work bench you can keep researching even if you destroy it the next turn. I am assuming that's a bug... but since having to do that to get tech anyway is a complete injustice I don't feel too bad abusing it, lol. Get it, snag 2 rock lobbaz, delete, profit - then add squigs or trolls.
    edited December 2019
    Oh. Dawi-Tide is back.

Karak Norn straight up twin-full-stacked by the time I was able to stack up and reach their city (and I rushed immediately upon getting 19 units with room for my big boss). A wee bit insane. I also noticed lizardmen are inordinately rich. And the dwarfs seem to be extremely aggressive.

I suspect that CA may have buffed AI finances on Hard difficulty+.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,279
    edited December 2019
    Itharus said:

It's not redundant. It lets you recruit nasty skulkers right away. Which is nice. Previously there was a lull turn or two where you didn't really do anything. Now there is not.

I did find out that once you have a goblin work bench you can keep researching even if you destroy it the next turn. I am assuming that's a bug... but since having to do that to get tech anyway is a complete injustice I don't feel too bad abusing it, lol. Get it, snag 2 rock lobbaz, delete, profit - then add squigs or trolls.

It's the same I think for every other race with a building requirement for tech I think.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    Not really... only the Greenskins suffer having units locked behind tech iirc. It's moronic. If it's not changed in the revamp I will riot.

What you're talking about is things like High Elves needing a commodity to make that commodity go from very lucrative to ludicrously lucrative and offer soldier buffs to boot for some reason. They are also unlocks.

The description of greenskins tech suggest that you must have at least one workbench to research things. It's just not true. Dunno if that was always the case as I played by the rules and kept one around.

Man this revamp cannot come soon enough. GS are just depressing to play. So are beastmen actually - I tried them the other day.

Their Gorebulls are broken rn btw. The final skill on some of their trees actually makes the ability worse than the first point, lol. Also their tech and skill trees need some lovin' too.

Everyone complains about wood elves... but being hones the ONLY problem with wood elves is amber, and the fact that look outs are a poor idea. Their armed forces, tech, etc are actually still quite lovely. They were very nearly at game 2 standards when they launched. Low hanging fruit imo... amber can be solved by becoming basically one off ritual currency, and look outs would be best handled by an adaptation of the cove mechanic to grant stuff after beating a settlement, but largely leave said settlement intact (unless you decide to destroy it). Surprised they weren't done immediately after vampirates and skaven tbh.

Greenskins and Beasties need some real love. Beasties are just blatantly missing a ton of units, and their campaign mechanics suck and their horde mechanics are like... 4-5 generations out of date. And GS... well... I don't have time to list all of their faults.

Warriors of Chaos just suffer from having basically no mechanics. They're all battle all the time and they're great at it. Their hordes are only a generation or two behind. But other than destroying stuff they really offer nothing, nothing at all. Pretty much the worst DLC in the history of DLC. But they'll probably get cool mechanics in game 3 at least.