Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why is Chaos forgotten?

LazykingLazyking Registered Users Posts: 48
Warriors of Chaos is one of the most iconic factions in Warhammer and the main threat to the world, yet they have basically recived nothing since Warhammer 1. I love that faction, but they are one of the most booring to play. Please, this is just a shoutout to give them some love! Almost every faction has gotten a major update or even revamp.

My whishes for improvements. (Examples)

1: Chaos Strongholds (Actual chaos cities, no longer a dirtly horde GP)

2: Some sort of effect that hinder people from reclolonizing the cities/Towns you raised. (Not permanent but atleast 20 Turns)

3: God related LL´s and Lords, with God specific unit. (Let me lead my Khorne army!)

Comments

• ReghisReghis Registered Users Posts: 739
    Because game 3 is going to be all about Chaos. and im totally agree that chaos is a an unplayable mess right now and a meme faction. they cant even pass Kislev without mods
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• LazykingLazyking Registered Users Posts: 48
    Yeah i belive it is as you say, that they wait for game 3. But still, cant they give us just something? To have them neglected over almost two whole games is a bit harsh.
    Lazyking said:

Yeah i belive it is as you say, that they wait for game 3. But still, cant they give us just something? To have them neglected over almost two whole games is a bit harsh.

dont think so. GS will be the next game 1 race overhaul and then only WE, Chaos and Beastmen are left. Beastmen and Chaos Warriors are heavily chaos sided so it would make sense to upgrade them in game 3 which makes WE the only logicall race to upgrade after GS. on the other hand CA made enough weird decisions so you never know.

• ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 7,657
    edited December 2019
    Lazyking said:

Well they gave you something and that’s the WoC DLC. Instead of waiting for the final game many Chaos fans cried about WoC not being in from the beginning.

CA made them DLC and implemented them in a horrible way.

It would’ve been better to completely leave them out until game 3.
    "It would’ve been better to completely leave them out until game 3."

Yeah, it´s sad to agree to this. It would probably been better to just have Norsca and Marauders be the Northen Antagonist´s.

But yeah, i really hope they get all the love in Warhammer 3, Before they implement any other factions. Cuz with thay area opened up people will hunger for more content, and not old faction updates....

And your 2 and 3 point is exatly what i said a couple days ago. they need new LL, new starting positions. Chaos towers that spawn Chaos stacks from time to time, some mechanics to prevent other factions from taking the ruins back so fast and maybe some worshipping mechanics for the 4 Chaos Gods. we have Kholek: Khorne, Sigvald: Slaanesh so we need two more LL for the missing gods. maybe Festus and Vilitch. and missing units like Skullcrushers, Chimera, Slaughterbrude, Vortex Beast and the Warshrine.....so yeah a lot of work

edited December 2019
    Kholek is not a Khornate in anyway. He is a Dragon ogre and Chaos Undivided. Right now we have two Chaos undivided Lords, Archeon and Khorlek. And one Specifik one Sigvald (Slaanesh). We need Dr. Festus (nurgle) or Tamurkhan (Nurgle), Valkya the bloodied (Khorne) or Haargroth (Khorne). Then Ermann Von Horstmann (Tzeentch) or Vilitch (Tzeentch)
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,843
    They're making an entire game about Chaos right now.
    Lazyking said:

Kholek is not a Khornate in anyway. He is a Dragon ogre and Chaos Undivided. Right now we have two Chaos undivided Lords, Archeon and Khorlek. And one Specifik one Sigvald (Slaanesh). We need Dr. Festus (nurgle) or Tamurkhan (Nurgle), Valkya the bloodied (Khorne) or Haargroth (Khorne). Then Ermann Von Horstmann (Tzeentch) or Vilitch (Tzeentch)

True on Kholek my bad. And Scyla Anfingrimm + Vardek Crom as LH and WoC are actually perfect

• OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 4,253
    Lazyking said:

They could... but they have a long to do list and they can only do so much at a time. It makes more sense to rework Chaos when the Chaos Gods come in Game 3 than lets say Orks... I mean it wouldn't be bad just odd and the Warriors of Chaos have been waiting on their unit that require Daemon mounts and those will come when Daemons of Chaos come.

I cant wait for Hellstriders of Slaanesh to come for WoC, having the fastest Light Cavalry in the game at about 105-115 speed will drastically change the faction.

Bloodcrushers will redefine the top end of Heavy Cavalry... Them and Mournfangs of course.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,072
    edited December 2019

Not much else to say.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,696
    edited December 2019
    Nothing says "forgotten" like a game 3 with DoC as a core and Mono DLC.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 2,042
    I don't think we will see anything before game 3, but hopefully game 3 will give us a lot for them. Demons have a lot of assets that can be copied directly over to chaos warriors, and combined with some DLC/FLC I hope we will see chaos warriors in their full glory then. The other old world races are less dependant on future content however, so it makes sense to fix them first.
    Reghis said:

Lazyking said:

True on Kholek my bad. And Scyla Anfingrimm + Vardek Crom as LH and WoC are actually perfect
    Scyla is a chaos spawn, should never lead armies. Valkia on the other hand is the perfect option for a Khorne LL.

I don't think we will see anything before game 3, but hopefully game 3 will give us a lot for them. Demons have a lot of assets that can be copied directly over to chaos warriors, and combined with some DLC/FLC I hope we will see chaos warriors in their full glory then. The other old world races are less dependant on future content however, so it makes sense to fix them first.

Reghis said:

Lazyking said:

Scyla is a chaos spawn, should never lead armies. Valkia on the other hand is the perfect option for a Khorne LL.
    well i said LH not LL. and a unique chaos spawn in an chaos army is an option. every race should have atleast one LH imo

• RowdyRowdy Registered Users Posts: 18
    I beleave Chaos and Beastmen will get a rework in game two
    Once game Three is out they will want to close off game two in a final state that is enough for people who do not purchase the next game, which is exactly what they did for game one.
    So am am assuming they will want all races reworked and reasonably balanced for this final state.
    My guess would be they would be the final races reworked before game three and may give us a little preview of what will be coming in the next game.
  • vintagepurplevintagepurple Registered Users Posts: 800
    Let's not forget that Norsca are basically chaos mortals but fun.
  • BardicInquisitionBardicInquisition Registered Users Posts: 1,138

Chaos is not forgotten.
  • AsamuAsamu Registered Users Posts: 669
    ArneSo said:

Lazyking said:

Well they gave you something and that’s the WoC DLC. Instead of waiting for the final game many Chaos fans cried about WoC not being in from the beginning.

CA made them DLC and implemented them in a horrible way.

It would’ve been better to completely leave them out until game 3.
    To be fair, they were a last minute addition. They weren't planned as a DLC for game 1 at all, but because they had the "end times" event in game with the Archaon invasion and chaos warriors, they decided to flesh out the faction a bit more and make it a DLC probably only a few weeks before release. Then they updated it a couple of times during game 1, adding manticores and aspiring champions, and then the regiments of renown.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 266
    edited December 2019
    I too want a better chaos, a proper chaos! But sadly we have to wait, I have waited since game one. So I think I can wait a bit more for game 3

Despite all the ppl telling me chaos will not be focus for game 3, and that chaos won't be 4 races... I still belive the OLD OLD OLD leaks... I get it we all want our favorite races but, chaos fans have waited since game 1, the ppl that want chaos dwarfs or ogres can wait bit more too... And we never know about the pre-order race.

It just makes me sad how when game 1 was fresh everybody told me wait for game 3 to get your chaos, now that game 3 is close everybody is saying nop, Chaos will get 1 race.

I want 4 chaos races (each god,4LLs each) + 1 Daemons of chaos(4LLs) + Woc rework into undevided. It's a bit too much to ask for I know. But after all this waiting... Even if they are not core races but DLCs I will still be glad.

Lastly, a bit of math 1 pre-order race +4 races chaos + Chaos dwarfs 1 + ogres 1= 7 races (as much as we got in TW:WH2+norsca pre order) if chaos is 1 race we will have only 3 races?! OK +with kislev 4 races (Thou I don't want more human races...)... what will be left for DLCs, Race packs? DOW ? Ok 5 Races thou it's again a human race... 4 races at launch + 1 pre-order! So no race packs ?!
    It's just simple math for them is better to do the devided gods = more races = more content,DLCs.

EDIT:Sorry for the rant I just get sad and a bit frustrated about Chaos(as my favorite race) in TW:WH. Don't even get me started on the beastmen... they draw the short strall... begin the first DLC race...
    Post edited by 1v0 on