Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

You broke Bretonnia.

ItharusItharus Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 14,182
So......

When you confederate a faction, the settlement garrison gets set to almost dead and they do not heal and there's no way to make them heal without the settlement getting razed and you recolonizing it.

Also... I have several Prophetesses named "Bertrand".

The religious errantries are also war-dec'ing on me as soon as I meet them despite being allied with all mainland bretonnian factions with very high reliability and like 300 chivalry.

So after I let everything be razed other than Bordeleaux I can actually kinda play the game a bit... you know... off killing knights of origo and repanse instead of monsters.

GG.
Tagged:

Comments

• BereaverBereaver Registered Users Posts: 929
    Itharus said:

So......

When you confederate a faction, the settlement garrison gets set to almost dead and they do not heal and there's no way to make them heal without the settlement getting razed and you recolonizing it.

The religious errantries are also war-dec'ing on me as soon as I meet them despite being allied with all mainland bretonnian factions with very high reliability and like 300 chivalry.

So after I let everything be razed other than Bordeleaux I can actually kinda play the game a bit... you know... off killing knights of origo and repanse instead of monsters.

GG.

Issues you've mentioned persisted since introduction of Mortal Empires and do not matter that much.

1. Every faction has to replenish new garrisons fully after confederation. Garrisons in unsuitable climates settlement get stunted replenishment. You need Apothecary building (or growth one for other factions) to replenish these ones. Also do not confederate when enemy is near new settlements.

I do think that Bretonnia needs +20% replenishment tech or unique building with +% replenishment factionwide. Currently Fay Enchantress is by far the most optimal choice to play as Bretonnia.

2. Knight of Origo declare war on everyone, but they are themselves are fairly passive. They will sign peace treaty after like 10 turns. After you've researched Errantry diplomacy tech they will confederate you eventually. You do not really need to fight them. During my last Legendary campaign as Alberic they declared war on me like three times.

3. Yeah, Bertrand name thing is weird. It is almost like Dodan for Wood Elves.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 2,623
    It wasn't me.

Thanks for the heads up, though. They sorta broke Kroq Gar too. After every battle I get sacrificial captives and the Rite of Sotek has usurped its way into the options. Buffing skinks as Kroq Gar? Er… No. Doesn't matter. It's still fun. Who needs rites anyway?
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,182
    These are suitable climates without corruption. There's NO healing at all, and no anti healing effects in play.

The only thing that resets it is recolonization or claiming from a different faction. It's the confederation that broke it.

The Origo thing is all the errantries down there tho. Anti undead crusades should really not be declaring war on Bretonnian duchies.
  • J4R0DJ4R0D Registered Users Posts: 64
    Itharus said:

Sounds like Bretonnia got more interesting
  • yukishiro1yukishiro1 Member Registered Users Posts: 511
    edited December 2019
    The Bertrand Prophetesses are all played by Monty Python actors.
    The Bertrands are mostly rebels, but I saw a couple pop up in my recruitment pool as well. Damsels seem fine, strangely.
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,153

It wasn't me.

Thanks for the heads up, though. They sorta broke Kroq Gar too. After every battle I get sacrificial captives and the Rite of Sotek has usurped its way into the options. Buffing skinks as Kroq Gar? Er… No. Doesn't matter. It's still fun. Who needs rites anyway?

the rite of sotek is for all LM factions AFAIK

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • AJH1987AJH1987 Registered Users Posts: 209
    I don't see the issue. Bertrand is a wonderful name for a prophetess! (Seriously, i'm sure it's an easy fix)
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,972
    Obviously, dressing as a Prophetess is Bertrand's latest ploy to embarrass the Sheriff of Bergerac, and all the actual Prophetesses are pulling an "I'm Spartacus" because they don't much like the Sheriff either.
  • karge068karge068 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,411

The rebels also have Knights of Ni units. Build a shrubbery to appease them.
  • RonNLRonNL Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 637
    edited December 2019
    Britonnia is fine imo the only thing they desperately need is an hero that can give replenishment to an army, + maybe an tech that gives them some replenishment.
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,414
    It's the Slaaneshi corruption.

The Prophetesses are all merchants in drag, pretending to be part of a hokey religion to keep the peasants down, and no one can heal because of all the corruption.

Sixth Edition makes so much more sense now. Fifth Edition was a brief charade, and now we're back to Third Edition Bretonnia where the entire civilization is a cesspool of corruption, instead of a duality where the "chivalrous" nobility treat their dogs better than the peasants.

I don't have this problem playing Repanse, I've confederated both of the Southern outposts, and had military alliances with them before hand. I'm guessing this is tied up with her addition.
    ron1404nl said:

Britonnia is fine imo the only thing they desperately need is an hero that can give replenishment to an army, + maybe an tech that gives them some replenishment.

Teh ****?

This is about bugs not balance, lol.

Damnit folks, plz read before responding, thanks :)
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,090
    Bretonnia is fine. Knights of Origo are particularly likely to get a trait that impacts diplomacy negatively, they have been like that since Mortal Empires was released.

Just research the positive diplomacy technologies and everything will be great.

• psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,414

Yeah, guess no one reads these days...
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,972
    karge068 said:

The rebels also have Knights of Ni units. Build a shrubbery to appease them.
    Don't forget the quest battle where you have to defeat Durthu with a herring.
  • CelebareCelebare Registered Users Posts: 67
    Bretonnian new units confirmed :
    Knights of Ni
    Knights of the Holy Grenade (not sure of the traduction)
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 563
    Celebare said:

Bretonnian new units confirmed :
    Knights of Ni
    Knights of the Holy Grenade (not sure of the traduction)

Hmm, Bretonnian ROR Questing knights with hand grenades similar to the Vampire Coasts zombie pirate mob bombers would actually be pretty funny and neat.
    Give them extra speed, and like an ammo capacity of say 3 and make them similair to ironbreakers level explosive damage but with magic aswell and you have a pretty unique ROR.
    endur said:

Bretonnia is fine. Knights of Origo are particularly likely to get a trait that impacts diplomacy negatively, they have been like that since Mortal Empires was released.

Just research the positive diplomacy technologies and everything will be great.

Sooooo more non reading. Awesome :)

Oy.

At least the diplo trait thing is on point potentially XD
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 16,004
    Itharus said:

So......

GG.

did not see that i am currently playing alberic campaign, i have confed all bret factions.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 16,004
    i did saw 1 betrand, did not really care.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc