Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Beauty of Warhammer II

LuciferLucifer MemberEngland U.KRegistered Users Posts: 2,177
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Sometimes, I just sit there in awe at the wonderful graphics and sound design that has gone into Warhammer II, so thought I'd share some. We all want the perfect game, and I do believe we're heading there, if sometimes slower than we like.

Feel free to post your own screenshots, but do add the spoiler tags. Thanks.

Malus, on his cold one mount 'Spite'.

A view of Misty Mountains.

The legions of the dead storming an Empire settlement.

The cameraman didn't make it...

The biting cold of the Norscan wastes.

The desolation of the chaos wastes.

So, thanks to all those at CA for making this possible! >:)

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
Kislev - from darkness to light.19/3

My steam workshop - mods.
Post edited by Lucifer on

Comments

• kelembriborkelembribor Registered Users Posts: 774
    edited December 2019
    Great screens , I got few of mine:

Bretonnia Sunset/Sunrise

Phoenix and the Rat

Grim Warden

Anvil of Vaul

• LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 2,177
    edited December 2019
    Lovely screenshots, Kelembribor. I like the Bretonnian sunset one, looks really nice, but the Anvil of Vaul one excellent!

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

• wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 950
    it's not even rare that I pause the battle and start looking for cool details on armors, weapons etc. soooooooo much to see and find :D
    ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    wunderb0r said:

it's not even rare that I pause the battle and start looking for cool details on armors, weapons etc. soooooooo much to see and find :D

Absolutely agree with that. Many times I've found something on the campaign map I'd not seen before. It really is something to sit and realize the level of thought and attention to detail that has gone into the game so far. Appreciate it so much.

• LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 2,006
    Yes.

This game got much potential, and they could improve it much, much more. But despite its fails, it is still one of the best videogames I've ever played, and it is improving with the new content and enhacements they make when they listen to us.
    edited December 2019

Yes.

This game got much potential, and they could improve it much, much more. But despite its fails, it is still one of the best videogames I've ever played, and it is improving with the new content and enhacements they make when they listen to us.

Its always easy to point out the bad parts, but there is so much good too. One thing I'd love to see them add to the game (perhaps later @CA_James >:) ) would be to zoom in to any lord, sorceress etc, etc, of your faction and be able to control and play it first person and third person, but special commands for all the abilities, where you could truly be the character of your choosing. Yes, for me also it really is a game I repeatedly come back to, and I am really fussy what I play.

• Frank9945671Frank9945671 Registered Users Posts: 366
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, campaign map designed well. Looks really wonderful. I really like how forest model swapping between Bretonnian, Empire one, etc. Ambient sounds and soundtracks for factions are great. Also, I really enjoying by voice acting.

At the same time maps for battles contains a lot of bugs actually. Not critical for gameplay, but really weird and sometimes annoying like levitating buildings or water plane, unscaled corpses or skulls, some weird blockers, etc. Also, siege maps are not great, I like architecture of different races, especially DE, HE, TK one, but I think that should be hybrid of classic TW siege maps and TWW maps, I mean players or AI should be able to attack settlement from 3-4 directions. If someday we will see Total War 40k game, maybe 8-10 years later, I hope cities will be designed a little bit better than here.
  • LocainLocain Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 58

In Actis Esto Volucris
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 13,263
    This game is really beautiful, though I wish the lighting would be as great as in game 1.

• ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 312
    neodeinos said:

This game is really beautiful, though I wish the lighting would be as great as in game 1.

yeah, I really don't know how they could botch the lighting like this...

I'm find also a bit sad that all the cool terrain features are somewhere off in the distance... I want to fight in the shadow of grand pyramids and awesome monuments.

I don't even need fighting inside those structures, but please place them on the map... they feel just so empty right now...

Don't get me wrong it is still an awesome and beautiful game, yet it can be so much more!
  • PandabaronPandabaron Registered Users Posts: 262
    I really enjoy playing as the wood elves so I can visually see myself pushing back the vampiric corruption with the WE specific tree lines moving in on the campaign map. Sometimes it’s the little things. So much detail, a Game CA can really be proud of so far
  • FakeEmperorFakeEmperor Registered Users Posts: 595
    I've spent sooo many hours trying different graphical options and reshade presets, to achieve the best looking graphic possible without crippling my FPS.... I'm still not satisfied.
    Btw here's my 2 cent:

Full Warpstone Jacket:

The beauty & the beast:

• mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,375
    Can't reach that true WH beauty until double moons get implemented though.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,768

I've spent sooo many hours trying different graphical options and reshade presets, to achieve the best looking graphic possible without crippling my FPS.... I'm still not satisfied.

I don't know why you're not though. :open_mouth:

Kroq-Gar in glory.

Chaotic advance.

Hunting gnats.

Trespassers will be mumified.

Goddesses.

'Tis but a bonewound.

Elven Defender.

Summon the elector counts!

Warhammer, the world of skulls

Miss!

Don't worry.
  • Coffee12Coffee12 Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited December 2019

Post edited by Coffee12 on
  • beegee84beegee84 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 293
    Maling me want a better graphics card I have a gtx 750 with low memory issues so shadows and blood must be turned off
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,334
    Lucifer said:

Yes.

Its always easy to point out the bad parts, but there is so much good too. One thing I'd love to see them add to the game (perhaps later @CA_James >:) ) would be to zoom in to any lord, sorceress etc, etc, of your faction and be able to control and play it first person and third person, but special commands for all the abilities, where you could truly be the character of your choosing....
    Yep my dream too. Or at least be able to tag an individual soldier so you can easily track and watch them.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall