Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Black Screen/Monitor detects no Signal

sofatsofat Registered Users Posts: 31
When I attack Helmgart, after loading the image disappears and a message appears that there is no signal on the monitor. Monitor connected via HDMI, 5700 XT graphics card, latest drivers

I defined the parameter that is responsible for the problem - this is the quality of the shadows. Or maybe fog, which is set if you turn on the quality of the shadows on anything other than "off."

And the problem is only in specific battles, for example, battles at new strongholds, on the bestial trail.

I really do not want to play without shadows having a video card for $ 500

Build Number 1.8.1

Comments

• AngatyrAngatyr Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    Same issue here - same card (RX 5700 XT), and monitor also connected via HDMI.
    Not Helmgart, though - basically any especially large battle involving 2 full armies and significant reinforcements or garrisons. More frequent when assaulting a walled keep.
    As per issue was first posted to TW:WH 1 page and people noted a 'solution' to play on lower settings - I will try to play it on Normal and post results, though would rather a better fix.

Driver version 26.20.15003.5016 - updated 25th Dec '19
  • AngatyrAngatyr Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    Have not been able to repeat the error on 'normal' graphics level.
  • sofatsofat Registered Users Posts: 31
    Angatyr said:

Have not been able to repeat the error on 'normal' graphics level.

quality of the shadows - max
  • epostleepostle Registered Users Posts: 2
    I too am getting issues where my screen will black out, then re-appear, and everything looks as if it's been crashing hard. Anyone got any tips on how to solve this?
  • epostleepostle Registered Users Posts: 2
    Ok, I figured out what was going on with this. I turned Shadow Quality off to fix my issue. However, I am not the only person having issues with this, so I don't know if this is an AMD issue with their drivers or a coding issue with Total War: Warhammer 2. I'll post my computer specs so everyone knows what I'm running and this will help them out or will atleast put a bug in CA's ear.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700
    GPU: RX 5700 XT
    Motherboard: X570 Taichi
    Bios: Revision 2.70
    RAM: 2x Ripjaw 16GB 3600 MHZ
    PSU: Corsair RM 750x

IF there is anyone other information I can give to help, please let me know.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,820
    edited January 2020
    Accordiing to CA it's a driver issue and they are working with AMD to resolve it. https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2572753/#Comment_2572753

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file