Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CTD and corruption of save - I cannot load the campaign afterwards.

SecuterSecuter Senior MemberDenmark, Aarhus.Registered Users Posts: 2,354
edited January 2020 in Crashes
My game crash to desktop when I attempt to load a campaign. This has happened twice now. Oddly enough, at both occurrences it happened as the "Chaos Stirs" event popped up, which leads me to believe that it triggers it - albeit that is by no means a certainty. The second problem is that I cannot load my campaign once this has happened.

The description fits this thread very well: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/203192/save-file-corruption
Once crashed, I cannot load the save file, and if I attempt it anyway it will crash after loading 20% of the loading bar.

I do play with mods enabled. The strange thing is that so does my brother (exact same mods) and he doesn't crash - albeit he plays the Vortex campaign and I play ME. Regardless, the mods I use are not overhauls, and many are merely cosmetic.
Furthermore, disabling the mods doesn't change the fact that I cannot load the saved game again.

I will send the save file to my brother and see if he crash as well, or if its just me. - He also crashed.

Reading through other threads, I tried to delete my CA app roaming folder, though that didn't help either.

So, here's what I attached:
I've attached the two campaign which both crashed at the event "Chaos Stirs". I cannot load either of them. I also attached the crash reports from both of the campaigns.

Edit: It's not just on Chaos Stirs. It can happen at any point. I also managed to get past it, but it required me to load a way older save. Secondly, it will crash regularly - and corrupt the save as well. It sometimes happens when I exit a battle. Regardless, I've dropped this campaign. Having to redo 5-10 turns now and then gets old really fast.
Post edited by Secuter on

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file