Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

High Elf Legendary Lord - Sea Lord Aislinn (ItalianSpartacus)

BiesBies Junior MemberPosts: 1,871Registered Users
edited December 2019 in General Discussion

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 6,004Registered Users
    It has already been posted. That being said I think Aislinn would make a fine FLC addition alongside Eltharion.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Posts: 2,257Registered Users
    edited December 2019
    I don't think the inclusion of literally a god, can do anything good for the LL roster....
  • Thebessa2108Thebessa2108 Posts: 28Registered Users

I don't think the inclusion of literally a god, can do anything good for the LL roster....

We already have lorde kroak, who is almost a god in the lore,and stronger them the gods in the game ,so why not? I particulary love super op fantasy characters like malekith ,kroak and kholek
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 2,995Registered Users

We already have lorde kroak, who is almost a god in the lore,and stronger them the gods in the game ,so why not? I particulary love super op fantasy characters like malekith ,kroak and kholek
    We also have the Sotek spell with the last Tehen's sacrifice.

Kroak WAS on par with SOME gods... He is no longer.. So this is an extremely moot point...
    neodeinos said:

We also have the Sotek spell with the last Tehen's sacrifice.
    I was unaware that singular spells were to be considered functioning LLs...
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 6,817Registered Users
    Aislinn is no more a god than Alarielle or Orion is. If anything, less, since Mathlann is not as powerful as Isha or Kurnuous.

Personally, I've always regarded Aislinn as DLC or bust, simply because he would have so many high-budget units associated with him. Something like Ship's Company might come as an FLC as an Aislinn exclusive, but something like the Merwyrm or Skycutter? Not a chance.

Consider the backlash when Alith Anar had regular Shadow Warriors locked behind a paywall, or when Tiktaq'to had Ripperdactyls behind a paywall. Now multiply that by two complex animation jobs, one of which is a component of the Asur navy that Aislinn would represent, while the other is personally linked to Aislinn himself. Wouldn't be any skin off my teeth personally because I'd be getting the DLC anyway, but I doubt that CA really wants to have to deal with the optics of having a "free" legendary lord who's strongest and most iconic units (apart from the basic Sea Guard itself) are locked behind a paywall.

Frankly, it'd make more sense to have Aislinn and Grom be the DLC, put Eltharion in as FLC, and have Aislinn and Grom doing their own things while the actual rivalry is between Eltharion and Grom.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 6,004Registered Users
    Draxynnic said:

Aislinn is no more a god than Alarielle or Orion is. If anything, less, since Mathlann is not as powerful as Isha or Kurnuous.

Personally, I've always regarded Aislinn as DLC or bust, simply because he would have so many high-budget units associated with him. Something like Ship's Company might come as an FLC as an Aislinn exclusive, but something like the Merwyrm or Skycutter? Not a chance.

Consider the backlash when Alith Anar had regular Shadow Warriors locked behind a paywall, or when Tiktaq'to had Ripperdactyls behind a paywall. Now multiply that by two complex animation jobs, one of which is a component of the Asur navy that Aislinn would represent, while the other is personally linked to Aislinn himself. Wouldn't be any skin off my teeth personally because I'd be getting the DLC anyway, but I doubt that CA really wants to have to deal with the optics of having a "free" legendary lord who's strongest and most iconic units (apart from the basic Sea Guard itself) are locked behind a paywall.

Frankly, it'd make more sense to have Aislinn and Grom be the DLC, put Eltharion in as FLC, and have Aislinn and Grom doing their own things while the actual rivalry is between Eltharion and Grom.

I'm fine with that. Aislinn vs. Grom and Eltharion FLC. Yes, tasty.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

Draxynnic said:

Alarielle is literally not a god, she BECOMES a god, after she absorbs the soul of Ariel/Isha.... Orion literally IS a god... Have ANY of you people even read the End TImes?

The difference is, that while Orion was bound by the season, and as such Kurnous was not always equally powerful, Aeslin/Mathlann as the God of the Sea was always equally powerful and much more powerful than any of the current LLs we got. Only once the characters god supercharged as they did in the End Times could they challenge gods (And that was even only because the gods' powers were waning).
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 5,721Registered Users
    Aislinn is the herald of a god, not an actual god. Like Cylostra ends up being one for Stromfels.

Also, Caesar, this is just fearmongering. Characters have been balanced from power levels that were god level before.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
    Crossil said:

Aislinn is the herald of a god, not an actual god. Like Cylostra ends up being one for Stromfels.

Also, Caesar, this is just fearmongering. Characters have been balanced from power levels that were god level before.

Aislinn turned out to be literally Mathlann... There are no two ways about it.. The same way that Ariel and Orion turned out to be literally Isha and Kurnous.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 6,817Registered Users
    edited December 2019

Crossil said:

Aislinn turned out to be literally Mathlann... There are no two ways about it.. The same way that Ariel and Orion turned out to be literally Isha and Kurnous.
    And Malekith was literally Asuryan, and Tyrion was literally Khaine, and Ariel wasn't actually literally Isha, it was only when Alarielle and Ariel merged that Isha re-emerged.

Pre End Times, which is when the campaign starts, Aislinn is merely a chosen of Mathlann, with the potential to become an avatar, and from there to become a complete receptacle of Mathlann's power, but he's not there yet. He has some blessings, including the ability to command Merwyrms, but calling him a "god" is, well... Fearmongering.

It's explicitly stated in one of the few sources that we have that he has been defeated in the past. And Lokhir isn't exactly one of the setting's heavy hitters.

The only stats we ever got for Aislinn, unless you consider the Avatar of Mathlann in AoS, was in the Sea Patrol list (didn't have unique magic items, but the Sea Lord entry is clearly intended to represent Aislinn) and there he's... a regular Prince with a special ability. Such overpoweredness. Imrik or Eltharion could each probably take him in a fight, on foot.
    Draxynnic said:

Crossil said:

And Malekith was literally Asuryan, and Tyrion was literally Khaine, and Ariel wasn't actually literally Isha, it was only when Alarielle and Ariel merged that Isha re-emerged.
    Wrong. Malekith and Tyrion BECAME avatars... They weren't always walking gods.... It is a perfectly simple concept to understand...
  • RandirRandir Posts: 95Registered Users

Draxynnic said:

Crossil said:

Wrong. Malekith and Tyrion BECAME avatars... They weren't always walking gods.... It is a perfectly simple concept to understand...
    And again, Aislinn is only the Herald pre-endtimes. Not the god itself. Game wise we're pre end times. Even if CA goes down that road, it'll be there version most likely, not GW's.
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 5,721Registered Users

Draxynnic said:

Crossil said:

Show me where it's stated Aislinn is a god.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT