Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

new to total war

twnewbtwnewb Registered Users Posts: 1
I'm new to total war and have no online experience. looking to either play with other people or experienced players that don't mind giving some tips or guidance after. my steam is tledwell39. mostly playing Warhammer 2 and empire right now but I can redownload medieval 2.

Comments

• coolskillcoolskill Registered Users Posts: 233
    edited September 2020
    Highly recommend to check out Troy. Great for new users. Best designed TW game so far. It's still new so multiplayer is currently inactive. But will be really active soon.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 749
    Stay away from Troy, especially now that it's not free. Battles are very clumsy, agents are OP and the campaign is an infinite whack-a-mole. I'd start with vanilla R1 and M2 and then download a couple of mods from twcenter.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!

Stay away from Troy, especially now that it's not free. Battles are very clumsy, agents are OP and the campaign is an infinite whack-a-mole. I'd start with vanilla R1 and M2 and then download a couple of mods from twcenter.

This is as false as can possibly be. Clumsy battles is Total War period. This isn't Starcraft 2. Yet Troy is known for implementing much more improvements over other TW games. The whole reason users who are still stuck on a previous game keep requesting to put Troy improvements in older the game.

Campaign is extremely fun. With different factions offering unique playstyles. Anybody who wants to enjoy Total War, definitely get Troy.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 749
    That's like your opinion, mate. Diplomacy is kinda broken, everyone and his mother declares war on you and then you have to chase their half-complete stacks all over the map. And also deal with the agent-spamming. Battles are prob the worst in the series, mainly because collision basically doesn't exist. Grab it for free? Yeah, sure. Actually paying? Hell no!
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,555
    Yeah I haven't seen a single element from Troy I'd like to make it in to the main series.

To OP it might be worth checking the Steam discussion pages as an easier way to find people playing at a similar time to yourself. Plus asking your friends if any of them have TW or would be interested in trying it.

That's like your opinion, mate. Diplomacy is kinda broken, everyone and his mother declares war on you and then you have to chase their half-complete stacks all over the map. And also deal with the agent-spamming. Battles are prob the worst in the series, mainly because collision basically doesn't exist. Grab it for free? Yeah, sure. Actually paying? Hell no!

100% false, and not how the game functions.