Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

LAN cannot host, and 'waiting for other player...' bug still here

Madam_ModestaMadam_Modesta Registered Users Posts: 8
edited January 2 in Multiplayer Bugs
First Issue:
Where: Local Area Network (not online)
Mods/DLC: No mods, ALL DLC (friends have all the free DC)
Versions: 1.8.1 & 1.8.2 (beta)
Install location: SSD
What: If I try hosting any game on Local area network (online is fine), it says "Failed to Host game". I have two friends who both can host. I don't have anything significantly different from them. Same firewall allowances etc.
Furthermore, if I try hosting on 1.8.2 ONLINE then it won't work. Friend hosting works fine for both versions (but then we get the 'second issue' below)

Workarounds tried:
- the one here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202596/multiplayer-game-stuck-at-waiting-for-players (which is basically adding edge traverse and all profiles to inbound/outbound rules
- creating TDP/UDP rules (TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036)
- Changing to the 1.8.2 beta

Second Issue:
Where: All multiplayer - co-op, head to head and battles - EOV/ME
Mods/DLC: No mods, ALL DLC (friends have all the free DC)
Versions: 1.8.1 & 1.8.2 (beta)
Install location: SSD (for both parties)
What: One of my friends (friend 1) is fine when they play with me. With friend 2 (regardless of who hosts), we end up with 'Waiting for Player to load' and then eventually the game crashes. Both attempts on the same network. Friend 2 has a very similar set up to friend 1 and has the exact same installs and no mods.

Workarounds tried:
- the one here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202596/multiplayer-game-stuck-at-waiting-for-players (which is basically adding edge traverse and all profiles to inbound/outbound rules
- creating TDP/UDP rules (TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036)
- Changing to the 1.8.2 beta

Replays/.save: I can't really get this far. The first issue does not allow me to get into the game, and the second crashes it.

If there's any special way we are meant to set up our PC's to make this work aside from the port fix, I can't find anything online. I can only suspect that the bug is in the game.

Given other reports at the moment, it seems the 1.8.1 patch didn't fix this issue/made the issue worse?

Post edited by Madam_Modesta on

Comments

• BolnarBolnar Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hello,

I have the same issues with my brother. I already played co-op campaign without any bug, but with him any campaign is a nigthmare with "waiting for player" every few turn and when we tried to use LAN and Hamachi we can't even manage to start anything : "failed to host a game" both of us.

All the commun fixed doesn't work (change host, no mod, re-upload the game, both on SSD, file check by steam).

We saw a lot of post on diffrent website describing similar issue or even worse (we manage to play 20-30 min to several hours between 2 crah) i have the feeling that the more our campaign is avanced, the more crash we have.

I'm very upset about this because it's a great game, we both enjoy playing solo without any issues but the multplayer isn't fun at all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file