Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Transformation of kadon rework?

WarwicktWarwickt Registered Users Posts: 23
Can we summon different monster for each faction?

Empire- feral gryph?
Beastmen- manticore seems okay
Brettonia- feral hippogryph
Wood elves- great eagle
Lizardmen- bastiladon or flying red lizard (i dont remember name)

For empire and brettonia i am not sure maybe they can stay with manticore
Tagged:

Comments

• Ben1990Ben1990 Registered Users Posts: 160
    You know what? Let's have all the casters turn into Forest Dragons and call it a day.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,613
    Irony is the caster is SUPPOSED to turn into the monster...

• Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,055
    Empire can get a Steam Tank as the summon instead. Not like it matters anymore given the change for Savage Dominion summoning a Cygor.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,375

Empire can get a Steam Tank as the summon instead. Not like it matters anymore given the change for Savage Dominion summoning a Cygor.

#JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,472
    Itharus said:

then that spell would be freaking utter garbage.

lol this is high lvl trollinf from some emp fanboy.

Itharus said:

What if they're about to die and/or you're out of winds of magic? Or... I don't know.. .you want to try a super weird jank build that will only win because it breaks the game in some way and gets patched ASAP?
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • ArtfactialArtfactial Registered Users Posts: 212
    I would like to have the caster actually transform, since it's now possible.
    But CA has said not to and I can see why competitive players wouldn't like that.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 4,015
    Sephlock said:

Itharus said:

What if they're about to die and/or you're out of winds of magic? Or... I don't know.. .you want to try a super weird jank build that will only win because it breaks the game in some way and gets patched ASAP?
    In many cases it will be decent unless your caster is on a gryphon for empire

There other beast caster with better mounts.

Skink on a ancient stagadon
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia

But CA has said not to and I can see why competitive players wouldn't like that.

But a certain someone keeps insisting that multiplayer doesn’t negatively effect single player like that!
    Sephlock said:

But a certain someone keeps insisting that multiplayer doesn’t negatively effect single player like that!
    It depends though. I think there should check box that allow you to have mp balanced units or not.
    edited January 6

Sephlock said:

Itharus said:

this would be far from decent. You will just get rid of you caster for a medicore monster, hwo it is decent lol?

Not being able to capitalize on WoM and cast spells? Not to mention that this transformed wizard would need to get to the backline and would be prone to shooting. Yeah right. Nobody will ever use tohose spells if they would change from summon to transformation.

Sephlock said:

Itharus said:

this would be far from decent. You will just get rid of you caster for a medicore monster, hwo it is decent lol?

Not being able to capitalize on WoM and cast spells? Not to mention that this transformed wizard would need to get to the backline and would be prone to shooting. Yeah right. Nobody will ever use tohose spells with they will get change from summon to transformation.
    true on mp this would be really bad, imagine you trade durthu for manticore.
  • ArtfactialArtfactial Registered Users Posts: 212
    Yup, in tabletop it was a trade-off, a choice. Each lore had its theme and Beast was a nice mix of buffing and raw damage.
    Very few casters would use the transformation, but very few were ever stronger than the beast they summoned.
    It's the extremes and focus on LL that makes these kind of things less viable in TWW.
    That said; trade-offs are good and should be part of a strategy game, not simple adding up. Wanting more and wanting it all inevitably leads to nuances falling by the roadside.