Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

2 Crooked Moon party poopers - RoR armour-sundering units & fanatics in siege battles

street_regulatorstreet_regulator Posts: 166Registered Users
"Da Rusty Arrers" & "Da Warlord's Boyz" both display armour-sundering in their discriptions, but they don't actually do the armour-sundering. No debuff, no armour reduction, it just flat out doesn't work. Saw a thread from a few months back mentioning that coupling armour-sunder with poison might be the reason armour-sunder is negated completely. Just wanted to resurface that topic.
Notice there's no armour-sunder icon next to melee attack, turns out to not just be a visual bug, it actually doesn't exist.

Another problem - fanatics special ability "spinning loons" doesn't work properly in siege battles. Only 1 gobbo appears and then instantly disappears without moving. heres an example:

crooked moon is difficult as it is, these bugs just add unnecessary hurdles

Comments

• SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,659Registered Users
    Let me guess, you have them in an army with a lord that gives the whole army poison attacks.
    If so, then it is a known bug that has been there since WH1.
    Disclaimer: What I say is my opinion and not necessarily stated as fact.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 8,018Registered Users
    Given that very nearly all NGWB armies have poison on everything.......

I contend that said ability applying to ranged weapons is actually a nerf. Poisoned arrows are only good in situations where no friendly fire is possible, lol.

Poison as a debuff is stupid anyway -- did you learn nothing from D&D 3rd edition, CA? Poison KILLS YOU. It doesn't just give you a bloody cold or something. It KILLS YOU. In the table top, poison can be absolutely devastating by drastically increasing the number of wounds (and hence saves you have to attempt to make).
  • street_regulatorstreet_regulator Posts: 166Registered Users
    edited January 11
    @Sagranda just wanted to bring it up again, maybe they'll take a look 4 years later

@Itharus could use that armor sundering against all the dwarf stacks you face in the campaign. and ya, kinda dumb to have poison projectiles when literally all your missile units have awful accuracy

currently, the campaign is mostly challenging because of counter intuitive poop like this, not because of the content itself. only chance you have in legendary is exploits or dumb luck
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 2,358Registered Users
    Also, they changed his buffs to goblins to be reasonable instead of awesome :(.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,659Registered Users

@Sagranda just wanted to bring it up again, maybe they'll take a look 4 years later

Yeah, I just saw. I skimmed more over it, since I was cooking at the same time and therefor missed some of what you had written.
    So, good for bringing it up again.
    Maybe one day they will fix it.
    Disclaimer: What I say is my opinion and not necessarily stated as fact.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 3,029Registered Users
    Also, Khalida removes armour sundering of the Archers RoR.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 8,018Registered Users

@Itharus could use that armor sundering against all the dwarf stacks you face in the campaign. and ya, kinda dumb to have poison projectiles when literally all your missile units have awful accuracy

currently, the campaign is mostly challenging because of counter intuitive poop like this, not because of the content itself. only chance you have in legendary is exploits or dumb luck

Goblins and Orcs are both Ballistics 3.... they're actually NOT terrible shots, they're average shots. Orks and Grotz are terrible shots. Orcs and Goblins are normal shots.

Arrer Boyz should be doing just as well on accuracy as Goblin Archers. There is literally no excuse for Greenskins to have a poor ranged game -- they have an AVERAGE ranged game. Greenskins are overall actually VERY SIMILAR TO IMPERIALS in terms of breadth, scope, diversity, and skills.

They do have inferior armor, but compensate for this with toughness and numbers.

The swordsmen and crossbowmen and what not you get for the Empire in TWWH? Are actually their elite state troops....... the bulk of imperial forces are closer to Archers and Free Company Militia -- the latter of which do not ALL have pistols, btw...

The Empire is actually represented in an over-tuned state.

Elites are supposed to be the... well... elite core in the middle of the battle line. It's like this for everyone... this is why I really wish we had unit caps on a per army basis, or even Tomb King style.

TK style is a GREAT compromise, because you can MAKE elite doom stacks, but only so many -- but by the time you're near the end of the campaign you have so gd many that you're golden. Also, you have to really THINK about econ v troop production, and it shows. If everyone had to do that, the game would be much better balanced.
  • street_regulatorstreet_regulator Posts: 166Registered Users
    @Itharus thats cool, I don't know much at all about the original tabletop. If swordsmen & crossbows are supposed to be the elite empire forces then where do greatswords or demigryph knights fall in the pecking order?