Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: Warhammer 3 Announcement trailer coming soon?

redknight83redknight83 Registered Users Posts: 175
When you look at when CA usually announces major titles (not sagas or dlcs) they usually always do it towards the begining of the year over the last five years.

Total War: Warhammer.............22 April 2015
Total War: Warhammer 2.......... 31 March 2017
Total War: Three Kingdoms...... 10 January 2018

With Total War: Warhammer 2 the announcement trailer dropped and then six months it was released. So if they plan to release it in September/October they may announce it March or April again.

So might we be seeing a video drop over the next couple of months concerning the final in the trilogy. What do you think?

Comments

• neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,188
    Not expecting it anytime soon.
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 454
    March-May is Troy probably. It won´t announced before release. Add 6+ months and we are running into 2021 ..so easily again May-June 2021for Wh3.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,697
    I don’t think it’s likely that they will announce TWW3 during TWW2 production cycle. They didn’t announce TWW2 until the end of TWWs development/production cycle.

I was expecting the next dlc to come as early as February or March/but CAs recent comments puts that dream to rest.

They typically don’t release standalone patches unless there is an expected 5-7mo the gap between content. CA said they will be releasing a stand-alone patch est. a few weeks (at least 3).

Grace also answered someone that we will not hear about new content for TWW2 for “...months.”

Imo that’s at least 4, but probably more. I think we are looking at may or June for the next dlc.

I do think that this will be the last regular dlc for TWW2 cycle and will be followed by a preorder dlc for TWW3 that will be playable in TWW2. If that dlc is a race we should tag on at least another 6months with that release just in time for the holiday season with TWW3 being release around the same time or early the following year.

Regardless, don’t expect an announcement until towards the end of this year. CAs recent comments pushed my expectations ~6months
  • redknight83redknight83 Registered Users Posts: 175
    Daruwind said:

March-May is Troy probably. It won´t announced before release. Add 6+ months and we are running into 2021 ..so easily again May-June 2021for Wh3.

That is not relevant, 3K(major title) was announced just before Thrones of Britannia(saga) was released, which did not effect it. 3K did get delayed but that was because some of the mechanics and others stuff needed further work.
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,177
    WH3 will not be released this year. The few people who think it will are in for a lot of ree ree rees.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,742
    Totally. It's tomorrow.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 4,015
    If they announce wh 3 before troy release it mught just shoot troy in the foot.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,637
    At the absolute best it would be December, but honestly I've begun to suspect we wont see it in 2020. And this is assuming it doesn't get hit with any 3k style delays.

And I think they will bank big on the third title as they can milk the DLC for it for a long time.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Registered Users Posts: 2,171
    Don’t think we’re getting an announcement for quite a while.
  • ZafrasZafras Registered Users Posts: 421
    After Troy gets released give it atleast 3-4 months to even hope to see a trailer announcement for Warhammer III.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 7,900
    Depends on how you define "soon". I think there's a chance that the announcement will come this year, but probably not until well into the second quarter at the earliest.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,203
    I would say April-May is a possibility. Troy can easily be launched the alternate month or even June - it is a Saga after all so not really as big a deal as a full game and we are talking about game 3's announcement not release here.
  • goliath55goliath55 Registered Users Posts: 713
    Can't believe it's almost been 3 years since WH2 released. Damn. Please release the announcement this year sometime CA?

More seriously, as others have said I don't think they'll make the mistake of announcing a major title (3k) before their Saga game releases (ToB). It just makes people hold off. You want your fanbase buying all your products one by one if you can.

I also agree that they won't be announcing it before the next (and final imo) DLC for WH2. Which looks like it's coming April-June. There is also 3K Nanman DLC to fit in somewhere. Hopefully an announcement in July / Aug / Sep and a release Feb / March 2021.

It's a shame how much longer it's taking but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
    goliath55 said:

Can't believe it's almost been 3 years since WH2 released. Damn. Please release the announcement this year sometime CA?

More seriously, as others have said I don't think they'll make the mistake of announcing a major title (3k) before their Saga game releases (ToB). It just makes people hold off. You want your fanbase buying all your products one by one if you can.

I also agree that they won't be announcing it before the next (and final imo) DLC for WH2. Which looks like it's coming April-June. There is also 3K Nanman DLC to fit in somewhere. Hopefully an announcement in July / Aug / Sep and a release Feb / March 2021.

It's a shame how much longer it's taking but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Warhammer and Sagas are very different titles, the "itch" that is scratched by Troy is not necessarily the same as the one scratched by WH and vice-versa. Also I think ToB was more let down by just being very meh as opposed to its proximity to any other announces/releases.

There is a very large gap to fit in 3K DLCs as announce-release will likely be about 6 months, so 5 if you subtract time for the pre-order DLC. I cannot see that being an issue for the WH release.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,899
    I don't think that the next DLC for Wh2 will be the pre order bonus for Wh3 since CA made it sound like as if they didn't make final decision what that would be (which tells you a lot btw).

And I don't see them doing a Wh3 announcement before the next LP is released.

Said LP is at least 3 months away maybe 4 or even 5.

So I don't see a WH3 announcement till middle or late in the year.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,697
    Goatforce said:

I would say April-May is a possibility. Troy can easily be launched the alternate month or even June - it is a Saga after all so not really as big a deal as a full game and we are talking about game 3's announcement not release here.

If TWW2 is still in its production cycle, CA probably won’t announce the game. Exception is if they are 1-3 months from the release of the TWW3 preorder.
    hendo1592 said:

Goatforce said:

If TWW2 is still in its production cycle, CA probably won’t announce the game. Exception is if they are 1-3 months from the release of the TWW3 preorder.
    If next DLC is the last (non pre-order) DLC then game 2 production cycle will end with enough time to fit game 3 into 2020 provided the LP releases April or earlier, going by the game 2 announce - release schedule.

Game 2 announced March 2017 (1 month after Bretonnia, the last game 1 content drop) and released september. By this a late May announce (or early June) and a November or early December release are entirely feasible provided the GSvsHE pack is last and doesn't release too late.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 1,827
    Goatforce said:

Game 2 announced March 2017 (1 month after Bretonnia, the last game 1 content drop) and released september. By this a late May announce (or early June) and a November or early December release are entirely feasible provided the GSvsHE pack is last and doesn't release too late.

It doesn't even have to follow the same pattern with 6 months between the announce and release.

• dreagondreagon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,143
    An announcement somewhere near or at E3 wouldn't surprise me with a release of early 2021.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
    SerPus said:

Goatforce said:

It doesn't even have to follow the same pattern with 6 months between the announce and release.

That's true, but it is the best thing we have to go on. Given how long it's been in development it may even be a bit less of a gap (though can't see it being less than 5 months), but that's just speculation.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 1,196
    We will get a small dark voiced line saying “chaos is inevitable/everywhere” or something like that. Then WH3 logo. 20 secs video. No date , nothing.

We will see it at the end of the year.

March full cinematic trailer

April: races trailer

september 2021 release.
    Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!
  • ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 223
    I rather wait a bit longer and get a great last part of this amazing trilogy. They should have all the dev time they need.
    I guess there is one thing safe to say about the announcement. It will be this year.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 1,196
    neodeinos said:

I guess there is one thing safe to say about the announcement. It will be this year.

I think you are right.
    Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!

We will get a small dark voiced line saying “chaos is inevitable/everywhere” or something like that. Then WH3 logo. 20 secs video. No date , nothing.

We will see it at the end of the year.

March full cinematic trailer

April: races trailer

september 2021 release.

I don't know, before they just burst out the gate with the cinematic trailer a month after the final (non-preorder) DLC.

I have a feeling next DLC is the last as it covers all the game 2 core races, and thinking late March-early May for that. Which would put the announce at late April-early June. Following on from that the release would be between late October and early December.

Not saying 2020 release is a certainty but I think there is a good chance. Also September 2021 seems extremely late, unless that is a typo and you meant Sepember 2020 (which also seems very early as the next LP will come before the announce).
    Goatforce said:

hendo1592 said:

Goatforce said:

If next DLC is the last (non pre-order) DLC then game 2 production cycle will end with enough time to fit game 3 into 2020 provided the LP releases April or earlier, going by the game 2 announce - release schedule.

Enough time to fit into 2020? You're assuming WH3 is ready to be released. Fact is, we have no clue what state WH3 is in. It could still be in the alpha stages for all we know.

Kelefane said:

Goatforce said:

hendo1592 said:

Goatforce said:

Enough time to fit into 2020? You're assuming WH3 is ready to be released. Fact is, we have no clue what state WH3 is in. It could still be in the alpha stages for all we know.
    The game has been in development for 2 and a half years or so - WH 1 was made in 4ish years from the ground up, WH 2 in about 1 and a half ish. I imagine it is probably relatively far along.

I never said anything about knowing it was ready and didn't assume anything. We are obviously reaching the tail end of game 2's development though. But that was not the point I was making, or anything close to it. The point I was making was that if the next LP is the last (which is very possible as it is the last "confirmed" DLC and finishes of the 2nd round of updates to game 2 cores), then there is a good chance that game 3 will release this year - and I used game 2's announce-release schedule as evidence of this fact.
    HoneyBun said:

With respect to all, I do just remember how the WH2 announcement came as a total surprise to us all (me included).

I would not be so quick to start saying WH3 is for 2021 alone.

Not sure people expected roughly a year between Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2 though.
    edited January 12
    HoneyBun said:

neodeinos said:

HoneyBun said:

With respect to all, I do just remember how the WH2 announcement came as a total surprise to us all (me included).

I would not be so quick to start saying WH3 is for 2021 alone.

Not sure people expected roughly a year between Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2 though.
    Well exactly - we didn't.

WH1 was announced 13 months before release (I remember those months well)

WH2 was announced 23 months after the WH1 announcement and realeased 16 months after the WH1 release

WH3 surely must AT LEAST announce this year.

Because if it doesn't, the earliest announcement is Jan 2021. That's madness.

Today we are 33 months from the announcement of WH2. 28 months since the WH2 release.

I will bet money WH3 announces this year. Whether it Releases this year is a thing yet to be seen. But it is going to announce.
    An announce this year is pretty much guaranteed.
    Goatforce said:

Kelefane said:

Goatforce said:

hendo1592 said:

Goatforce said:

The game has been in development for 2 and a half years or so - WH 1 was made in 4ish years from the ground up, WH 2 in about 1 and a half ish. I imagine it is probably relatively far along.

I never said anything about knowing it was ready and didn't assume anything. We are obviously reaching the tail end of game 2's development though. But that was not the point I was making, or anything close to it. The point I was making was that if the next LP is the last (which is very possible as it is the last "confirmed" DLC and finishes of the 2nd round of updates to game 2 cores), then there is a good chance that game 3 will release this year - and I used game 2's announce-release schedule as evidence of this fact.
    Until I see what is planned after this next dlc I can't make any predictions. They may have another dlc planned after it for all we know.