Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: Warhammer 3 Announcement trailer coming soon?

2»

Comments

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,203
    HoneyBun said:

With respect to all, I do just remember how the WH2 announcement came as a total surprise to us all (me included).

I would not be so quick to start saying WH3 is for 2021 alone.

Yeah I remember them randomly releasing a blog saying game 2 "is coming together" then a few days later the countdown timer for the cinematic trailer came up.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,203
    Kelefane said:

Goatforce said:

Kelefane said:

Goatforce said:

hendo1592 said:

Goatforce said:

I would say April-May is a possibility. Troy can easily be launched the alternate month or even June - it is a Saga after all so not really as big a deal as a full game and we are talking about game 3's announcement not release here.

If TWW2 is still in its production cycle, CA probably won’t announce the game. Exception is if they are 1-3 months from the release of the TWW3 preorder.
    If next DLC is the last (non pre-order) DLC then game 2 production cycle will end with enough time to fit game 3 into 2020 provided the LP releases April or earlier, going by the game 2 announce - release schedule.

Game 2 announced March 2017 (1 month after Bretonnia, the last game 1 content drop) and released september. By this a late May announce (or early June) and a November or early December release are entirely feasible provided the GSvsHE pack is last and doesn't release too late.
    Enough time to fit into 2020? You're assuming WH3 is ready to be released. Fact is, we have no clue what state WH3 is in. It could still be in the alpha stages for all we know.
    The game has been in development for 2 and a half years or so - WH 1 was made in 4ish years from the ground up, WH 2 in about 1 and a half ish. I imagine it is probably relatively far along.

I never said anything about knowing it was ready and didn't assume anything. We are obviously reaching the tail end of game 2's development though. But that was not the point I was making, or anything close to it. The point I was making was that if the next LP is the last (which is very possible as it is the last "confirmed" DLC and finishes of the 2nd round of updates to game 2 cores), then there is a good chance that game 3 will release this year - and I used game 2's announce-release schedule as evidence of this fact.
    Until I see what is planned after this next dlc I can't make any predictions. They may have another dlc planned after it for all we know.
    They might, but once again, that wasn't my point. I said that if the next DLC is the last one then there is enough time for game 3 to release this year, then used the game 2 announce-release schedule as evidence of this fact.

On whether the next one is last I think it probably is - all game 2 cores will have had a second round of LPs and whilst there is room for a Skaven LP they may well want to save Thrott and the remaining Skaven roster for a game 3 crossover. As I don't really see them doing game 1 vs game 1 and they have no plans for doing DLC for the DLC races, if they were going to do a 4th "2nd round" LP I think they would have made the last DLC a crossover. That said if they do another one I think it will be Skaven vs Dwarfs, even if I would prefer VCs.
  • JastallJastall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,116
    I don't expect WH3 before the end of 2020 at the very earliest, and 2021 is more likely. But it'll probably be announced this year.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,637
    Goatforce said:

Kelefane said:

Goatforce said:

hendo1592 said:

Goatforce said:

I would say April-May is a possibility. Troy can easily be launched the alternate month or even June - it is a Saga after all so not really as big a deal as a full game and we are talking about game 3's announcement not release here.

If TWW2 is still in its production cycle, CA probably won’t announce the game. Exception is if they are 1-3 months from the release of the TWW3 preorder.
    If next DLC is the last (non pre-order) DLC then game 2 production cycle will end with enough time to fit game 3 into 2020 provided the LP releases April or earlier, going by the game 2 announce - release schedule.

Game 2 announced March 2017 (1 month after Bretonnia, the last game 1 content drop) and released september. By this a late May announce (or early June) and a November or early December release are entirely feasible provided the GSvsHE pack is last and doesn't release too late.
    Enough time to fit into 2020? You're assuming WH3 is ready to be released. Fact is, we have no clue what state WH3 is in. It could still be in the alpha stages for all we know.
    The game has been in development for 2 and a half years or so - WH 1 was made in 4ish years from the ground up, WH 2 in about 1 and a half ish. I imagine it is probably relatively far along.

I never said anything about knowing it was ready and didn't assume anything. We are obviously reaching the tail end of game 2's development though. But that was not the point I was making, or anything close to it. The point I was making was that if the next LP is the last (which is very possible as it is the last "confirmed" DLC and finishes of the 2nd round of updates to game 2 cores), then there is a good chance that game 3 will release this year - and I used game 2's announce-release schedule as evidence of this fact.
    Much of which they kept saying time and time again. Heybgang we're on the drawing board. Yep still there. Still there. And kept having 3k delays. Which I think they were watching for a bit to see how it would do, and what they could use from it.

But either way, I theorize that time was not as much of the true meat and potatoes of warhamme 3 as some like to think.

And of course, the new way of giving news has lead to zero hints on anything. We don't even get one liners of dark ess anymore.
  • wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 615
    Have a little faith
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 139
    I think that the WH3 release will be in Feb. 21...
    So the Trailer should drop at E3 or the Gamescom..
    Then CA has enough time to get All the WH 1 races to WH2 Standard.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,697
    Goatforce said:

hendo1592 said:

Goatforce said:

Overall I agree with the rational regarding the announcement if the only thing left is preorder. However, because of CAs recent comments I think the next dlc will be later than I originally anticipated. I’m thinking May or June is more likely now. And I don’t think they will announce the final game of the series close to the last LP release date. I think it’s likely of a 2-3 month gap. And typically if we think the preorder will be a new race gaps for development are typically 5-7months (and that’s before they announce info). I think taking this into consideration, a mid year TWW3 announcement is unlikely.
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 399
    So I think the original plans was all 4 Races getting cross game packs Starting with Hunter and Beast. Then there was a couple of things they wanted to save up their sleeve for Game 3 (Clan Moulder) and were a bit ahead of schedule so belched out DE vs Skaven, with HE vs GS coming.

I’d bet dollars to donuts, that with Hunter and Beast being so well received as far as the style goes, this is the blue print moving forward. This allows for previous factions to have a presence and purpose on the story map and spaces out release schedules of new races better along with enriching the old. Think about it: the races headlining the current game are already showcasing their rivalries. Why do you need to exemplify that with DLC packs?

So I am absolutely of the belief that HE vs Greenskins is the last DLC pack game 2 is getting. We’ll be getting the pre-order race for game three this summer/fall, and game 3 will drop late this year or early next.

So Game 3 trailer will be available before June in my mind.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 1,196
    It almost seems like CA doesnt even want to talk to the forums. Only to redditors and if its about 3K. no Q&A or AmAs , nothing.

WH ip is so secure they dont even bother on answering customers when can they recieve their money in exchange of new content.
    Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,906

It almost seems like CA doesnt even want to talk to the forums. Only to redditors and if its about 3K. no Q&A or AmAs , nothing.

WH ip is so secure they dont even bother on answering customers when can they recieve their money in exchange of new content.

They talk about whichever game is about to drop a DLC, at this point it's 3K.
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,030
    If they hadn't planned on a much longer development cycle before they made a mess of the second release, they probably did after.

Several years on the same basic engine, with technology advancing all around it, is a very hard thing to manage. When the first game released, the quad core i7 6700K was king of the hill. Game three will be releasing into a market where quad cores are for e-machines, even if it were to make it out this year. They can't just keep kicking the performance can down the road, the gains are almost all parallel these days.

They can't avoid graphical updates either. It's a little less dire there, not a lot of progress in that department. Lighting is the only thing that's likely to make huge movement over the next couple years. Then again, graphics are crippled by the poor CPU utilization, so there's a huge amount of headroom with a better performance on the API side of things.

• Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,158
    Ferestor said:

I think that the WH3 release will be in Feb. 21...
    So the Trailer should drop at E3 or the Gamescom..
    Then CA has enough time to get All the WH 1 races to WH2 Standard.

Not even Lords skill are on same level with WH2 standard, and you talk about race....