Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Played my 1st QB since ladder reset plz CA fix scourge runner this is not fun to play against

BovineKingBovineKing Posts: 140Registered Users
edited January 13 in Multiplayer
So I was playing woodelves opponent is playing dark elves with 3 of the scourge runner chariots. Long story short I won but only bcus I moved my army into a choke point if it wasn’t there I would’ve just had all my missile units picked off one by one no contest. They aren’t even hard to micro bcus their basically safe from every thing.
Post edited by BovineKing on

Comments

• ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,908Registered Users
    I do think Scourgerunner Chariots need a nerf. They are little bit like the early Ancient Salamanders, where they are little too good at EVERYTHING. There's a very small number of units in the game that can actually catch them...and out of those few...even fewer can actually kill them/live long enough to hold them still for something else to catch up.

They DO NOT need to be nerfed as hard as Ancient Salamanders got nerfed though ;P A more conservative nerf to ONE of its 3 strengths (speed, melee stats, or anti-large ranged dps) would be sufficient...while leaving the other two strengths intact.....as opposed to Salamanders which lost HP, range, AND dps all at once.

That being said....while I agree with the premise of your OP.....I also have to admit I'm a little confused/amused by your OP. You're asking for nerfs after a match you WON? Also...of all the factions that are struggling with Scourgerunners....Wood Elves? Seriously? Wood Elves are one of the few factions in the game that can effectively kite/snipe the chariots. Plus Wood Elves don't have a lot of good targets for the chariots to get cost-effective damage done against. Unless you brought a Tree-Star build. Wood Elves can out-range Scourgerunners, and have poison missiles/snares to keep them out of range while you shoot them to death.

I dunno...sorry...I just assumed by your title you were going to be talking about Scourgerunners vs VC or something....but then I read Wood Elves and it made me chuckle a little bit.

You're right though, the unit is a little too sharp imo.
  • BovineKingBovineKing Posts: 140Registered Users
    edited January 13
    They can snipe assuming 360 archer units but thats a lot of way watchers. Person was playing cav heavy though so little harder to pin down. I also haven’t tested if arrow of kurnous will even hit them while moving. Idk just based off the match they shoot infantry just as well. Also as far as snare goes this is where scourge runners get stupid their range is farther than cast range on prey of anath raema by enough that they can kite out of range.
  • GriffithxiGriffithxi Posts: 562Registered Users
    I think the chariots will likely be adjusted but I swear this is the 5th time in a row where I see people talking about how super OP the unit is while either having won against them or watching a match where someone is beating the player using them.
    Just watched My_son_HW tournament where chat was doing the same thing in the WE vs DE match early on in the tourny
    It is a funny phenomenon.
  • WitchbladeWitchblade Posts: 444Registered Users
    I think there's literally 100% consensus at this point they're OP. At the bare minimum they need their health reduced to the level of tiranoc chariots and they probably need considerably greater nerfs: see previous threads in the Balance forum.
    I know I was part of it this was just my first time really having to deal with it.
  • subsphinxsubsphinx Posts: 33Registered Users
    I do not think they are OP nor do I think they replace the Cold One Chariot. Also, please buff ancient salamander.
    edited January 15
    subsphinx said:

I do not think they are OP nor do I think they replace the Cold One Chariot. Also, please buff ancient salamander.

You understand that CA is going to change it at some point I just want it sooner than later. Also what does ancient salamander have to do with my op?
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,908Registered Users
    edited January 15

subsphinx said:

You understand that CA is going to change it at some point I just want it sooner than later. Also what does ancient salamander have to do with my op?
    It was another unit that was ‘too good at everything’....until it got a ridiculously large basket of nerfs. If nothing else, it’s kind of apt foreshadowing on what could happen to the Scourgerunner chariot once nerfed.

I do wish CA sometimes took a more moderate approach to nerfing.
    It really just needs minor changes reduce it’s speed enough so fast cavalry can catch it and reduce it’s range so it is in line with the rest of ranged units in the faction. Every ones saying nerf it’s damage(it might need a little idk) and it’s hp but those aren’t what make it so good its the ability to shoot safely indefinitely.
  • WitchbladeWitchblade Posts: 444Registered Users
    Everyone saying this unit is remotely balanced, try a Bo5 against DE with HE/Norsca/BM/Bretonnia/Chaos against a high-level tournament player that knows how to kite. When you've figured out a build to deal with them, try that build against a rush or missile build. These things are arguably worth their gold just for their melee or ranged stats in many MUs. Since they can do both at the same time, they're very much OP.
  • rambotop1playarambotop1playa Posts: 27Registered Users
    lol everyone is screaming OP OP OP wait but hasn't that been the trend of every released DLC from the beginning?
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 8,088Registered Users
    edited January 16

Everyone saying this unit is remotely balanced, try a Bo5 against DE with HE/Norsca/BM/Bretonnia/Chaos against a high-level tournament player that knows how to kite. When you've figured out a build to deal with them, try that build against a rush or missile build. These things are arguably worth their gold just for their melee or ranged stats in many MUs. Since they can do both at the same time, they're very much OP.

Happy to use those factions vs your DE if you like?

From that list only chaos has real issues vs those chariots however chaos had issues vs DE Kite to begin with already.

I have not seen any top level player come out and say they are OP, nor have i seen a single tournament game where they dominated. In saying all this i support -990HP and -400 mass nerf but thats my absolute limit on this unit.
  • Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Posts: 3,891Registered Users
    edited January 16

Happy to use those factions vs your DE if you like?

From that list only chaos has real issues vs those chariots however chaos had issues vs DE Kite to begin with already.

I have not seen any top level player come out and say they are OP, nor have i seen a single tournament game where they dominated. In saying all this i support -990HP and -400 mass nerf but thats my absolute limit on this unit.
    Depends on what you mean by coming out and saying... there are quite a few quotes from the discord where top players say that they "are OP in so many different ways". My impression is that there is a consensus that they are too strong for sure, just a question of how much too strong.

Personally I compare them with Tiranocs because they are equally fast light chariots with a ranged attack, and in that comparison scourgerunners kick the crap out of tiranocs.

So either I think scourcerunners deserve more nerfs than mass and HP (these two are just normalizing to down to tiranoc level), their ranged attack is still superior after such nerf. Then there's some give and take but there's no doubt which chariot has the better ranged attack imo. Or tiranocs need significant buffs to the ranged attack.
    edited January 16
    So I after some testing I think I may have found why scourge runner is more OP than intended its actually knocking down infantry with its missiles similar to missile lords(very much like markus) and piercing ranks also so units take longer to reform to fire back none of the other missile chariots act this way. Also due to its reload speed it often gets 2 volleys before other missile units can fire back.

Edit: Shields seem to still block damage but don’t prevent knockdown. Also like coldone chariot it still seems to have double projectile.
    Post edited by BovineKing on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file