Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Snikch Vortex ritual battle(s)?

Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior MemberPosts: 2,727Registered Users
edited January 15 in General Discussion
So, last DLC with Hunter & Beast, I enjoyed Malus Wulfharts "No care" attitude to the Vortex race. I also never got any such nonsense with Nakai, even if I finished his campaign rather fast. Wulfhart took longer for world domination achievement.
Playing Malus I finished his campaign goals for the ending also relatively fast. With Snikch now, I took my fair time in Vortex since I wanted to finish the "get 40 technologies" achievement along the road. Now 150 days in

I get bitchslapped by the stupid Vortex race even if Snikch is not participating in the first place -.-

So question here: Is that working as intended? Because if No, I put that campaign on ice until some patch goes around.

*If* however the answer is Yes, and now I have to play that **** mission multiple times were they just throw as many monsters and arrows/bolts into my face as they are legally allowed, anyone having a good idea to roflstomp that mission with a certain army constellation I can basically "build new" from a few savegames before [so forget about gold elites anyway]? My current Snikch siegebreaker stack is not made out for it. And last time I played HE there with Ikit, I got my ass handed to me anyway because too many dragons and reincarnated phoenixes just wrecked everything, while useless allies did exactly nothing -.-

------Red Dox

Comments

• neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    I suppose it's not intended and I really hope it is not.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Posts: 704Registered Users
    I experienced this myself and it's odd, does Malus have it too?

I never saw it with him, and him having to fight in the Vortex kind of makes sense, with being Malekith henchman gathering scrolls for him and helping him in that regard.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 2,574Registered Users

I experienced this myself and it's odd, does Malus have it too?

I never saw it with him, and him having to fight in the Vortex kind of makes sense, with being Malekith henchman gathering scrolls for him and helping him in that regard.

Never had it in my three Malus campaigns.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Posts: 704Registered Users
    neodeinos said:

>

Never had it in my three Malus campaigns.

QA testers ensuring no big bugs slip through as always.
  • ns2hivesight@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 100Registered Users
    Every Skaven problem can be solved if you apply enough Doomwheels to it.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,727Registered Users

Every Skaven problem can be solved if you apply enough Doomwheels to it.

Doubt it. But lets give it a try. Going some savegames back to hire a Skaven Warlock and build up a Doomwheel army

Since the plan never was to have something like that, of course I miss the two "final" Doomwheel techs in my resarch tree. And since it is a Snikch campaign, Ikits pimped out workshop extras of course are also out of the question. The hired Lord is 18, so I can either pimp around the red line for buffs or blue line for better recruit rank, not both. I picked recruit rank...
    And off we go

into another defeat. While I could basically get rid of both Hydras and every infantry block and cold one cav, the chariots sending the Doomwheels on a goose chase and ripping them apart during that, were a problem. As were the Malekith and his Dragon buddies, and the other chars -.-

Any other ideas for that garbage battle? it is played on Very Hard btw., don't know if it makes any difference.

------Red Dox
  • SchubSchub Posts: 26Registered Users
    Hm you can try and send it to the youtuber legendoftotalwar. Maybe he is making a 'safing your disaster battle' out of it.
  • JerroserJerroser Posts: 277Registered Users
    I've also had this come up in my campaign with Snitch as well, I suspect its some sort of bug as aside from this he has no involvement in the vortex rituals itself. Its more likely that all base vortex factions are tied to the vortex mechanics and they need to be manually oped out of it as it still goes on in the background even if you're not playing as one of the participants.

And seriously, I know people had issue with the final battle being insultingly easy for quite a long time but this really seems like they went too far in the opposite direction. Even with what might be considered a death stack army I've still been unable to actually win that battle against Malekith.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 6,576Registered Users
    Schub said:

Hm you can try and send it to the youtuber legendoftotalwar. Maybe he is making a 'safing your disaster battle' out of it.

There's definitely a Skaven against Dark Elves one, yeah. The main features I remember was using Skrolk and Menace From Below to spawn units among the enemy so they'd clump for area of effect spells. The rest of the army hung back in order to get the allies to distract as many of the Dark Elf forces as possible.

(The campaign he saved was Normal/Normal, I think, but he turned it up to VH/VH before fighting the battle for trolling purposes.)
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,806Registered Users
    edited January 16
    Jerroser said:

I've also had this come up in my campaign with Snitch as well, I suspect its some sort of bug as aside from this he has no involvement in the vortex rituals itself. Its more likely that all base vortex factions are tied to the vortex mechanics and they need to be manually oped out of it as it still goes on in the background even if you're not playing as one of the participants.

And seriously, I know people had issue with the final battle being insultingly easy for quite a long time but this really seems like they went too far in the opposite direction. Even with what might be considered a death stack army I've still been unable to actually win that battle against Malekith.

It should be a near unwinnable battle. You get 20 turns to stop the final ritual where you only have to capture and hold one settlement to stop it. If you can't be arsed to do that you ought to suffer greater difficulties.

In fact, I think that battle should be plain unwinnable by adding mounting debuffs on the player in addition to everything else. Otherwise you can pretty much ignore the vortex race and then just win one battle to permanently remove another faction from the race which is lame Golden Snitch style BS.

Snikch having to complete it is however a bug that needs fixing. Well, his whole campaign needs fixing, really.

• apostolispapostolisp Member Posts: 169Registered Users
    edited January 16
    3-4 Plague Claw Catapults and the rest stormvermin troops did the trick for me on VH/VH when i was playing as clan pestilens in the final battle.
    edited January 16

3-4 Plague Claw Catapults and the rest stormvermin troops did the trick for me on VH/VH when i was playing as clan pestilens in the final battle.

Hmm, not the worst tip. Changed a few things, but it worked.

Luckily I could recruit Stormvermin at gold rank with confederated and widely miss-skilled Queek. Malekith still did a real number on them but I should be able to get up to 100% again in time for Tyrion.

And Tyrion down, which seemd a bit easier then Malekith.

Hopefully I can now get the last research finished for my achievement before Mazdamundi comes knocking with his ritual...

------Red Dox
    Post edited by Red_Dox on
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 6,576Registered Users
    Red_Dox said:

Luckily I could recruit Stormvermin at gold rank with confederated and widely miss-skilled Queek. Malekith still did a real number on them but I should be able to get up to 100% again in time for Tyrion.

Hopefully I can now get the last research finished for my achievement before Mazdamundi comes knocking with his ritual...

------Red Dox
    Now I'm curious... were the Skaven still performing their rituals, or was the game expecting you to do them?
    edited January 17
    Draxynnic said:

Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox
    Now I'm curious... were the Skaven still performing their rituals, or was the game expecting you to do them?
    Skrolk is still around in Lustria and he absorbed Skyre a while ago. But he is hard pressed by Khalida & Mazdamundi who kicked Harkon, Felheart & Teclis already out. I would assume that if I let the campaign run long enough and Skrolk still stays around, his ritual might also pop up. He is probably, as always, just several steps behind the Elves. Weill see when I continue the campaign today.
    In practice at least Skrolk I could probably take out swiftly if I swoop in with some armystacks. Or I could confederate him. I already had a chance for that already but was not interested in setting foot in the thunderdome and get another bunch of screwed up Heroes/Lords.
    Mazdamundi seems rather problematic as the next guy for a ritual. He has a lot of provinces under control and getting rid of him before might prove more difficult. But I am also not really in the mood to start an all out war with him becuas ethat will probably trigger a wolrd war with everyone else and I rather want to finish my research in relativepeace, and then do my final battle against Malus to finish that campaign and maybe go achievement hunting something else ;)

Nope, no one else started his ritual battle. And turn 172 (so measly 20 turns since the ritual hiccup) I finished my research and could finish Snikch campaign to mop up the last remaining Skaven achievements.

------Red Dox
    Post edited by Red_Dox on
  • AnothaGitAnothaGit Posts: 210Registered Users