Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Flayed rock (Eshin capital bugged ?)

NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 796
I am playing the greenskins on legendary and after maaaaany turns i finally get into their capital and it's their last settlement, but i can't even attack it, reveal it (army or hero) and ask my waaaagh to attack it !

Im really sad about this bug and I want to know if someone looked a bug similar to this town... It look like it's because of the river proximity and the end of the map :/

Eshin dont want to do peace (even if he have no army/one settlement) so i must take it or he will spawn armies in my back and i can't let 1 or 2 armies in my back when the legendary upkeep per new army is so huge. So im really disapointed about this...

Comments

• Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,388
    edited January 15
    Yeah boy...

This happened to me too.
    One of the chums here explained it, it’s because of the dealings, they get their agents to spawn at the same spot, and it gets bugged . No fix yet

Edit: just noticed you said you are playing the ladz on legendary... you are the one true git
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 796
    Okay... Thanks you for your reply, so no possiblity to counter it ? Maybe a mod that remove ''ruins'' for skaven ? I dont know :expressionless:
  • Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,388
    Nazjax said:

Okay... Thanks you for your reply, so no possiblity to counter it ? Maybe a mod that remove ''ruins'' for skaven ? I dont know :expressionless:

Not at the moment, and it really sucks. We'll have to wait until the patch and maybe this will be addressed.
  • PaulicusPaulicus Registered Users Posts: 150
    I had this happen with chaos, the city north of Middenheim (Szalenmund?) was bugged and I couldn't attack it or use heroes. Luckily, they never spawned any armies and the two heroes inside never moved (I think it was their last city, maybe that's why?). Can't say if it was caused by mods, updating to the recent patch mid-game, or something else.
  • redwrestling140redwrestling140 Registered Users Posts: 15
    That sucks, it one of those things that makes you want to stop the campaign. I hope they get it fixed fast for your sake.
  • arghozarghoz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 337
    edited January 16
    Could raiding the region untill rebels appear and takes the settlement work? Or get a alliance with someone and hope they do it? The AI might be able to target the settlement.
  • JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Registered Users Posts: 1,175
    Use Region Trading Unrestricted mod and buy the settlement from the AI. Would be super cheesy normally to do it, but as a workaround for a bug, why not.

Or the mod named "Modding DevTool Console" and then use a script command to transfer the region to yourself or just set it to abandoned, but that's more complicated.
  • ThomasLidstromThomasLidstrom Registered Users Posts: 35
    Rochaid29 said:

Yeah boy...

This happened to me too.
    One of the chums here explained it, it’s because of the dealings, they get their agents to spawn at the same spot, and it gets bugged . No fix yet

Edit: just noticed you said you are playing the ladz on legendary... you are the one true git

I am able to beseige it playing as the Dwarfs. Thorgrim wants to precede the story so to speak 😁
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 401
    Yeah, I had that wreck my Dawi playthrough. Had to give. up. Really bad timing. I took the settlement which Eshin promptly took back giving me a grudge. Wiped them out except for the single settlement which spawned 2 hero's on top of each other. Couldn't touch the settlement and I still had the darn grudge.
    Frustrating...
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 796

Use Region Trading Unrestricted mod and buy the settlement from the AI. Would be super cheesy normally to do it, but as a workaround for a bug, why not.

Or the mod named "Modding DevTool Console" and then use a script command to transfer the region to yourself or just set it to abandoned, but that's more complicated.

Your solution (the mod) worked well, im not using this type of mods but in this scenario it was too painful otherwise.

I just saw that CA did a patch that you can't remove mods after using it, to maybe prevent bugs and crashes ? For some mods it was annoying but for some other it have no impact :'o
  • JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Registered Users Posts: 1,175
    You can still disable mods and continue playing, no problem. Just check the mark on 'enable all saves'. The savegame will display as red because of the 'missing mod', but that in itself does not mean there is actually a problem. Just try to load the save anyway. With most mods, including Region Trading, there is no issue.

Some mods do break the save if they are disabled. Those are mods that add new database entries - if those are suddenly gone and the game tries to access them during loading, it will crash. But that is the exception rather than the rule.
  • KauzerKauzer Senior Member Saint-Petersburg, RussiaRegistered Users Posts: 320
    I confirm that bug.
    Time played in Attila : 804 hours
    Time played in Rome 2 : 1299 hours
    Time played in Shogun 2 : 621 hours
    Time played in Total War: WARHAMMER II : 1822 hours
    CPU : Intel Core i7 4Ghz 5960X
    GPUs : 2 x GTX 1080 Ti (Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme ed.)
    RAM : DDR4 32 Gb Corsair 2133Mhz