Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can you guess which characters CA could pick as the Free content coming along Sun Ce 194 campaign?

RewanRewan Senior MemberPosts: 1,675Registered Users
Title ^

Because there is a lot of characters that CA could pick.

For reference I believe MoH brought 2 portraits for "Titled" generals (Huangfu Song and Xun Yu) and 2 portraits for new/untitled generals (DiaoChan and Lu Zhi).
We also sorta have Liu Chong who is a newcomer (but he's not apparently playable unless you have MoH - not sure if you can recruit him without it either).

-> Amongst the current Titled generals tied to the Sun faction we obviously have Lu Su and Cheng Pu but also Zhou Tai (he is used in the Gan Ning spawn event I believe ?).

-> We also have the "goonies of Liu Biao" like Huang Zu and Cai Mao. but both of these guys alongside Liu Yao could - I reckon - be the "paid" factions of the pack. (So getting portraits but not being part of the free update per se)

-> Amongst the "untitled" there is also a crowd, Qiao sisters at the forefront I suppose (since they are like Diao Chan and spawned via event yet have no model/art for now)

What's your opinion guys ?

Comments

• XVypeXXVypeX Posts: 222Registered Users
    I'd like to see Yan Bahui as a new faction in this dlc as he and Sun Ce had fought each other prior to Wu taking the East, so that's one unique.

194 is also for Cao Cao vs Lu Bu so it would be cool to see Gao Shun or Chen Gong.

Zhou Tai I also agree with and the Qiao Sisters making an appearance.

And would also be good if they made some next Gen characters unique to make the end game more exciting with characters.
  • Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Posts: 71Registered Users
    Yan Baihu would be a good add and I think he's likely, he would be good to add if they gave him a bandit roster. I'm not expecting anything crazy, but hopefully something good to diversify the south.

There's also the chance for Liu Yao and Wang Lang, who were also southern lords conquered by Sun Ce. Liu Yao is arguably the most famous out of the three because of the Taishi Ci duel with Sun Ce (I think 195 AD?). Liu Yao and Wang Lang are already in the 190 scenario (but at that time Wang Lang is near Cao Cao).

Li Jue and Guo Si are also possible for new factions, because they both fought Cao Cao around 194 AD.

For updated characters anyone is possible, Xun Yu and Diaochan have nothing to do with the Yellow Turban rebellion. But I think Cheng Gong is very likely just to give Lu Bu's faction a bit more of a unique identity and possibly also Gao Shun (I remember them saying that it would focus also on Cao Cao vs Lu Bu).

And going in to wishlist territory...

I'd really like it if they fleshed out Yuan Shu's faction to have more playable uniques, because he plays a major role at this point and so far he doesn't have anyone. The obvious pick is Ji Ling if we are going off Romance, so I hope he gets added.

And they really should give Yuan Shao some uniques, especially because he's important at this time. I think Yan Liang and Wen Chou would be good because he starts with them and they have wide fan recognition. But the fact he starts with them is good because it means his faction won't just become a clone fest when the player fights against him.

As for the FLC lord, I imagine it will be Han Sui, because they could put him in as a faction who could deal with Li Jue and Guo Si maybe. In absolute dream land they could go and make Shi Xie playable to diversify the south, but it's unlikely they'd make a new model for FLC. I also believe Shi Xie is quite old, not sure how long he's last in a campaign.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 2,167Registered Users
    I want to see Cao Xing and Hao Meng. Hao Meng was a traitor... and Cao Xing was a loyal follower, who refused to become a traitor! I want him back, along with Gao Shun. I want Hao Meng back, so I can kill him my self along with that rat face CAO CAAAAAAO
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,684Registered Users
    I personally would like to see Cao Ren, Gao Shun, Chen Gong, Cheng Pu and Zhou Tai have their own unique models in the 194 start. I'd also really like to see Daddy Shao's generals such as Wen Chou, Yan Liang and Zhang He get some love too.
  • CK2BenchmarkCK2Benchmark Posts: 245Registered Users
    I'm guessing Han Sui will be the next FLC warlord similar to Tao Qian for MoH.

Free characters could be anybody. My guess is Cao Ren, Yan Liang, Wen Chou, and Li Ru.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,624Registered Users
    How about Zhang Lu in Hanzhong or Zhang Xiu who killed Cao Cao's eldest son?
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    1) Zhou Tai
    2) Chen Gong
    3) Yan Liang
    4) Wen Chou

SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

jamreal18 said:

How about Zhang Lu in Hanzhong or Zhang Xiu who killed Cao Cao's eldest son?

I feel like they won't add unique chars to unplayable factions anymore. Seems kind of counterintuitive.
  • Qin_FengQin_Feng Posts: 26Registered Users
    White Tiger Yan with a bandit rework would be pretty sick, not going to lie.
  • KirkwaldKirkwald Posts: 711Registered Users
    Going by the October update and MOH, it seems like the standard number of new generals is 4.
    Frankly I feel that is way too low. There's so much they could add.
    Waiting 2-3 months for each batch is going to be hell.
  • caocaothedecievercaocaothedeciever Posts: 48Registered Users
    edited January 16
    Qin_Feng said:

That's exactly what I predict. I never felt like MoH was meant to be a Yellow Turban rework, but instead a Han faction rework judging by the amount of changes made to the Late Game Emperor system and holding the Child Emperor. Because of the nature of 194, when you had Zhang Yan at his peak, White Tiger Yan duking it out with Sun Ce and even Zang Ba in northern Xu I would not be surprised if we get new mechanics (hopefully a new win condition?) for these bandit factions.

By the time we hit the predicted 200 start, I expect to see northern barbarians properly integrated, and by the time we get to a 208 or 210 start, I predict western China, including Southwestern China (except for Nanman) to start getting fleshed out better. What will be interesting is if Zhang Lu is included as a Turban or as something else entirely....

Finally, when we get a Three Kingdoms proper start, I expect Gorguyeo and bits of Korea, as well as a rework to the Empire alliance in case CA wants to allow the player to recreate how say, Sima Yi set the stage for the Jin. But we'll see.

As for only 4 characters each time, I don't think we'll need to wait for the next DLC before we get another batch of 4. There was 4 between Eight Princes and MoH, and I expect we'll see another 4 by the first MoH patch. So maybe sometime in late Feb or early March.

Qin_Feng said:

That's exactly what I predict. I never felt like MoH was meant to be a Yellow Turban rework, but instead a Han faction rework judging by the amount of changes made to the Late Game Emperor system and holding the Child Emperor. Because of the nature of 194, when you had Zhang Yan at his peak, White Tiger Yan duking it out with Sun Ce and even Zang Ba in northern Xu I would not be surprised if we get new mechanics (hopefully a new win condition?) for these bandit factions.

By the time we hit the predicted 200 start, I expect to see northern barbarians properly integrated, and by the time we get to a 208 or 210 start, I predict western China, including Southwestern China (except for Nanman) to start getting fleshed out better. What will be interesting is if Zhang Lu is included as a Turban or as something else entirely....

Finally, when we get a Three Kingdoms proper start, I expect Gorguyeo and bits of Korea, as well as a rework to the Empire alliance in case CA wants to allow the player to recreate how say, Sima Yi set the stage for the Jin. But we'll see.

As for only 4 characters each time, I don't think we'll need to wait for the next DLC before we get another batch of 4. There was 4 between Eight Princes and MoH, and I expect we'll see another 4 by the first MoH patch. So maybe sometime in late Feb or early March.
    That's because the first batch was intended for 8 Princes after people complained that the dlc didn't bring anyone new for the grand campaign.
    Remember CA will be focusing on the next Warhammer DLC after this. We won't hear 3K content until that Warhammer DLC has come to pass.
    Yes, we won't hear anything about DLC, but I do think we will still get characters along with patches. It's a time consuming sure, but overall relatively simple FLC to include that keeps a lot of the more character focused folks interested.
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 1,675Registered Users
    edited January 16
    Going by the October update and MOH, it seems like the standard number of new generals is 4.

I believe it's actually a tad more complex after thinking about it a bit. Take Liu Chong, he's not per se a free new general but he's probably still going to be one as soon as he get wiped off.

In MoH we have the 3 Zhang brothers + Emperor + Empress + He Jin + Diao Chan + Xun Yu + Lu Zhi + Liu Chong + Huangfu Song and actually we're above 8P standard. Another thing to consider with this is that MoH is a prologue to the 190 campaign. So it's "normal" that some characters are removed from the pool (hence why we only get the latest 5 as art in 190).

But let's say the 194 start ? Whatever legendary generals art is added it's probably going to be full on the 190 start at least I would assume. If CA does in fact look toward the 194 pack as containing both Sun Ce conquests and Cao Cao vs BuBu, then I suppose we can look for 8 to 10 art actually.
    And the same will be probably applicable for what follows as well I suppose...
    That's the real thing- CA still wants to actually SELL something, so I imagine that the factions getting added will most likely be those who wouldn't be able to carry over as much.

For example, Liu Hong, He Jin, Empress He, and all 3 Zhang brothers are going to be dead in the 190 start. So that's 6 characters that are essentially locked behind not buying MoH.

The real question is, for a 194 start which characters/factions could they add who wouldn't carry over to a (what I think is likely) 200 start? To me, that's Liu Yao, Yan Baihu, Zhang Xiu, and Li Jue/Guo Si. Those are all characters of decent weight during that period, all whom either died or were absorbed into larger factions by the time of Guandu. That way, although they might be available as generals in the base game start, you wouldn't necessarily be able to play as them without buying the 194 start.

I think once you know which are going to be the key factions linked exclusively to the DLC itself, it's easier to flesh out/figure out who will be added as FLC along side.
    edited January 16
    The real question is, for a 194 start which characters/factions could they add who wouldn't carry over to a (what I think is likely) 200 start? To me, that's Liu Yao, Yan Baihu, Zhang Xiu, and Li Jue/Guo Si. Those are all characters of decent weight during that period, all whom either died or were absorbed into larger factions by the time of Guandu.

Thing is all these characters would be available for the "main" start which is 190 and not 200.

Now Liu Yao is already a "minor lord" on the 190 start so he's not farfetched to be Pay to Play but Free to Recruit
    edited January 16
    Rewan said:

The real question is, for a 194 start which characters/factions could they add who wouldn't carry over to a (what I think is likely) 200 start? To me, that's Liu Yao, Yan Baihu, Zhang Xiu, and Li Jue/Guo Si. Those are all characters of decent weight during that period, all whom either died or were absorbed into larger factions by the time of Guandu.

Thing is all these characters would be available for the "main" start which is 190 and not 200.
    Liu Yao may/should be available as playable in the 190 start as well.

However Zhang Xiu, Yan Baihu and Li Jue/Guo Si aren't seperate factions in 190. Yan Baihu could easily be worked in the way Zheng Jiang and Zhang Yan are in MoH- they arise when the time is right. Zhang Xiu, Li Jue/Guo Si would all be under Dong Zhuo until his assassination. And by the time of a hypothetical 200 Pre/Post Guandu start? Zhang Xiu is absorbed by Cao. Li Jue and Guo Si are annihlated and Yan Baihu and Liu Yao are both crushed by the Sun. So if they did a 200 AD DLC, they wouldn't carry over. They are the most likely to remain playable ONLY if you buy this upcoming 194 DLC.

The only one I'm unsure about is Liu Yao. He SHOULD be playable in a 190 start too, but I predict he will be one of the 194 start exclusive factions.

Look at Han Sui and Ma Teng. If any two factions should be playable in the 182 start which includes the Qiang revolt, it's them. But they aren't playable until the 190 main campaign start. So I think I predict Liu Yao will follow their model.
  • alex33alex33 Posts: 1,089Registered Users
    Imo most of the next DLC should be focused on new characters. 4-6 is just to few. There are so many interessting people in that era I think they should go all out with that part of the game tbh
    alex33 said:

Imo most of the next DLC should be focused on new characters. 4-6 is just to few. There are so many interessting people in that era I think they should go all out with that part of the game tbh

I could probably forego adding new units for the next DLC if they instead double the number of unique characters. MoH's problem right now is that the majority of characters are dead by the time 190AD starts.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,806Registered Users
    No, they don't need to bother. They should just vary the poses the generic character portraits come in, that's the #1 reason why everyone looks so samey.

I'd rather keep the char count lower and make them more unique.
    Also an update, I'm currently trying to "remake" my personal "dicking with ceo" mod and I noticed that the Qiao Sisters actually got a career in this update.

Always good to know :smile: