Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Tomb Kings approve of me being a great power...

TorcerTorcer Registered Users Posts: 147
edited January 16 in General Discussion
Settra does not serve, but apparently, Settra does appreciate a fellow great ruler.

Both Khemri and Lahmia seems to like that I'm a great power. Is this a normal Tomb King interaction or a diplomacy bug?

Comments

• BaronRodneyBaronRodney Registered Users Posts: 848
    This is normal for the Tomb Kings, it’s designed like this as a trait they have.

It’s somewhat in keeping with the lore that Tomb Kings respect power, being dynastic lords themselves. Mostly though I think it’s a mechanic to ensure that in most playthroughs they seem ‘neutral’; in that they don’t automatically hate the player eventually like everybody else does, they act differently than the pack.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 1,706
    It's normal; hence the 'power is everything' trait. In his eyes you carved out a strong empire which in turn, he respects you for that.
  • JycceJycce Registered Users Posts: 267
    Totally normal and that's for all Tomb Kings. As a former great empire, they are impressed by other big powers.

That's lore accurate because thanks to this TK are pretty neutral but the main downside is that they will rarely declare war on you past mid-game (and personally when I play a good faction I try not to declare war on neutral people who like me).
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 8,017
    Jycce said:

Totally normal and that's for all Tomb Kings. As a former great empire, they are impressed by other big powers.

That's lore accurate because thanks to this TK are pretty neutral but the main downside is that they will rarely declare war on you past mid-game (and personally when I play a good faction I try not to declare war on neutral people who like me).

It probably also reflects that, to an extent, the Tomb Kings aren't in a mindset of competing to become the great power... at least not right now. So where most races get jealous and/or paranoid about someone else rising to strength instead of them, the Tomb Kings generally aren't fussed as long as you don't present a direct threat to them.
  • JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Registered Users Posts: 1,175
    Fighting Tomb Kings is extremely annoying... not difficult, just annoying, because they regenerate their armies so fast that you have to fight 3x more battles than against other races to achieve the same campaign progress. So I'm glad it's easy to avoid war with them and use them as good trading partners.

Unless you are playing Repanse and are forced to fight them :-/ Fortunately in my current campaign I have almost cleansed the map of their presence.
  • ZswordZsword Registered Users Posts: 10
    The thing with Repanse is at least you wipe them out before they're consistently having 4 stacks of skeletons in every corner of who knows where backstabbing your settlements when you're trying to finish them off.
  • TorcerTorcer Registered Users Posts: 147
    Zsword said:

The thing with Repanse is at least you wipe them out before they're consistently having 4 stacks of skeletons in every corner of who knows where backstabbing your settlements when you're trying to finish them off.

Exiles of Nehek, I swear they're in every valley, every tree... An infestation worse than the Scaven if you don't get to them quick enough.
  • ZswordZsword Registered Users Posts: 10
    Torcer said:

Zsword said:

Exiles of Nehek, I swear they're in every valley, every tree... An infestation worse than the Scaven if you don't get to them quick enough.
    They're also, alllll the way over in Nagarond, by the time they're a factor aren't you already like, Queen of the old world in it's entirety, laughing at the elves petty internal civil war as you come to correct with justified steel?
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,387

Fighting Tomb Kings is extremely annoying... not difficult, just annoying, because they regenerate their armies so fast that you have to fight 3x more battles than against other races to achieve the same campaign progress. So I'm glad it's easy to avoid war with them and use them as good trading partners.

Unless you are playing Repanse and are forced to fight them :-/ Fortunately in my current campaign I have almost cleansed the map of their presence.

Fire arrows maul their skelly bois.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • NariacNariac Registered Users Posts: 248
    I think some other factions have that as well. If memory serves, Malekith likes you if you're a great power. Some factions/rulers respect strength rather than hating you for it.
  • TorcerTorcer Registered Users Posts: 147
    Zsword said:

Torcer said:

Zsword said:

They're also, alllll the way over in Nagarond, by the time they're a factor aren't you already like, Queen of the old world in it's entirety, laughing at the elves petty internal civil war as you come to correct with justified steel?
    I wasn't commenting on the Repanse part of your statement rather the endless Tomb King armies part.
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 349
    As long as you understand who has the biggest pyramid.
  • Some_ScribeSome_Scribe Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I wish there were more factions with this trait just so not everyone would automatically hate me in the late game. It's a bit annoying how diplomacy ceases to matter in the late game because everyone hates you for growing big and there's nothing you can do about it. Even if you've been their staunch ally and battle brother for the entire game, their opinion of you still tanks.

Though in fairness, this is a problem I have with most Total War games, not just Warhammer. A Total War game with Europa Universalis 4's diplomacy mechanics would be a dream come true for me.