Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Scale and Orientation of the Campaign Map

mcar110mcar110 MemberUnited KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 441
I was just having a re-read of some of the Troy articles released a few months back and I noticed something I didn’t see originally regarding the campaign map:

‘CA says the beautiful map is “on par” with some of the largest games in the series in terms of pure size. Troy is at its dead centre, with the overall theatre encompassing mainland Greece, Crete, and most of modern Turkey.‘

So it sounds like we didn’t see half the map on 1st campaign map flyover as we only glimpsed Troy at the very end (which the article states is the centre).

So assuming most of modern day Turkey is included, we could see the Hittite Empire in the game (Possible DLC faction?). What other factions could appear in Anatolia if this is the case?

Here’s the original article:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/total-war-saga-troy/gameplay

Comments

• MertyMerty Registered Users Posts: 27
    I hope so there is Hittite Empire in game. I would like there is Hittite Empire.
    DKMA
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,331
    Will hittite going to have unique unit roster from Trojans?
    It should has unique unit roster.
    DKMA
  • TheWittyWatermelomTheWittyWatermelom Member Registered Users Posts: 132
    Thats awesome. I hope the map is huge
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,190
    I wonder if Cyprus will be on the map. If Troy is in the dead center then Cyprus is a bit too far east as far as I can tell but if it's not exactly dead center then Cyprus could be on the map. In the Bronze Age Cyprus was a major source of Tin(I think? It might have been copper, but I am pretty sure it was Tin). We know that the Hittites tried to garrison Cyprus before their collapse to try and preserve their access to the vital material for Bronze production so it'd be cool to have it on the map. Cyprus could be represented with Bronze resources on the map(since sadly Tin and Copper are not separate resources, which they should be) and this could encourage you to try and conquer the island if you are in desperate need of Bronze, or if you just need some extra bronze to support yourself.

As for the Hittites, if Troy is really dead center of the map, at the least the western part of their empire would be on the map. I could imagine them having a lot of valuable resources but not really interacting with the Trojan War unless provoked. Hopefully the Hittites will be kind of like the Normans in Thrones of Britannia, having a unique roster that is usable in custom battles and multiplayer battles.
    edited February 8
    Krunch said:

I wonder if Cyprus will be on the map. If Troy is in the dead center then Cyprus is a bit too far east as far as I can tell but if it's not exactly dead center then Cyprus could be on the map. In the Bronze Age Cyprus was a major source of Tin(I think? It might have been copper, but I am pretty sure it was Tin). We know that the Hittites tried to garrison Cyprus before their collapse to try and preserve their access to the vital material for Bronze production so it'd be cool to have it on the map. Cyprus could be represented with Bronze resources on the map(since sadly Tin and Copper are not separate resources, which they should be) and this could encourage you to try and conquer the island if you are in desperate need of Bronze, or if you just need some extra bronze to support yourself.

As for the Hittites, if Troy is really dead center of the map, at the least the western part of their empire would be on the map. I could imagine them having a lot of valuable resources but not really interacting with the Trojan War unless provoked. Hopefully the Hittites will be kind of like the Normans in Thrones of Britannia, having a unique roster that is usable in custom battles and multiplayer battles.

I am Hittitologist so I want to see the Hittites in Total War Troy. Cyprus is mentioned in the Hittite sources as Alašiya. In addition, the island of Alašia is an exile island for the Hittite Empire.
    Although the Hittites did not participate in the war itself, it is known that they support Wiluša (Troy / Illios). There is a treaty text between Alakšandu(Paris/Alexander) and the Hittites. On the other hand, Aḫḫiyawa(Achaeans) are known from the Hittite sources, where they often made plans against the Hittites.
    DKMA