Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mandate of Heaven is out now!

CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 329Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

Mandate of Heaven is out now for Total War: THREE KINGDOMS: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1154760/

40 new battlefield units, unique new campaign mechanics and six new playable warlords – including Emperor Ling…

Are you ready to seize the reins of power?

Comments

• LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,248Registered Users
    Downloading 😘
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,684Registered Users
    Gonna check it out, hopefully they fixed the treachery bug for real this time.
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 679Registered Users
    Has records mode for ranked battles been included? At work now can't check.
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!
  • KirkwaldKirkwald Posts: 711Registered Users
    edited January 16
    Ok
    CA_Ella said:

40 new battlefield units

Please stop saying this. They aren't exactly new.

• mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,754Registered Users
    edited January 16
    Summon @Takilung31. We need some horse armor threads again.
  • DenoboiDenoboi Posts: 9Registered Users
    hey can you fix ui scale for all resolutions. 3440 1440 here and it really small sucks
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 1,675Registered Users
    Time to download :/
  • Rasmus242Rasmus242 Posts: 46Registered Users
    Glad they fixed the resolution on the character art. So crisp and nice now.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,725Registered Users

Summon @Takilung31. We need some horse armor threads again.

No one has seen him since horse armour was finally added to the game. He disappeared into the mists of time and myth once his quest had been accomplished...

Some say he still lives... watching from the shadows... waiting for a time when when some obscure historical detail is overlooked, and he is needed once again to create many threads about the same topic to get CA's attention...
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,806Registered Users
    Wasn't there another guy constantly going on about siege towers?

• ma7moud_al_sharifma7moud_al_sharif Posts: 272Registered Users

@juankk
    i think he got banned for his excessive advertisements in favour of siege towers.
    mbe he reappeared as @takilung31
    by the sound of it, it could b the same guy
    ---Furthermore i am of the opinion, that the current Unit Count(20,21) must be lifted!! [moddable + ui-scale]

Team Shadowgave
    Team Cao Wei________*(buff Cao faction under ai pls)
    Team Black Achilleez
    Team COMBAHT ANIMASHIUNZ
    Team Anti-DaveDave-theTyrant Coalition

oh tw! oh tw! your great potential will always remain hampered by 20 units cap and excessively generous line of sight (too much perfect intel)
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,725Registered Users

@juankk
    i think he got banned for his excessive advertisements in favour of siege towers.
    mbe he reappeared as @takilung31
    by the sound of it, it could b the same guy
    Nah, Takilung was genuinely alright for the most part, he was just very ardent that proper barding needed to be in the game.

Juankk was just a ranting nutter.
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 1,675Registered Users
    edited January 16
    And then we have the Sea battle gang. But let's try to not "name and shame" guys (well be mindful of it at least)

... but I suppose being part of the "Please update Attila pl0x" gang I'm not really in any position to talk, am I ?
  • ma7moud_al_sharifma7moud_al_sharif Posts: 272Registered Users
    Rewan said:

And then we have the Sea battle gang. But let's try to not "name and shame" guys (well be mindful of it at least)

... but I suppose being part of the "Please update Attila pl0x" gang I'm not really in any position to talk, am I ?

ya right. though i actually dislike judging people. most things i say, i do so in a casual, neutral way tone. i get it that the base sentiment gets lost over the interwebs.

also:
    add the ghorgon already!
    ---Furthermore i am of the opinion, that the current Unit Count(20,21) must be lifted!! [moddable + ui-scale]

Team Shadowgave
    Team Cao Wei________*(buff Cao faction under ai pls)
    Team Black Achilleez
    Team COMBAHT ANIMASHIUNZ
    Team Anti-DaveDave-theTyrant Coalition

oh tw! oh tw! your great potential will always remain hampered by 20 units cap and excessively generous line of sight (too much perfect intel)
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 5,033Registered Users
    After the V.Pirate DLC were CA gave the ships legs and had them walking on land I can't think of a better hint that sea battles will not be arriving with TW anytime soon.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,921Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Announcement thread folks. Keep the personal comments out of the conversation, here and elsewhere.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,754Registered Users
    Well... my point was, all of these new elite Imperial cavalry, as well as Liu Chong's are lacking in armored horses. It's a bit jarring since they're supposed to be heavy armored. Chen Peacekeeper illustrated unit card shows the horses resplendent in shining armor, so I suspect this might be an oversight.
  • CK2BenchmarkCK2Benchmark Posts: 245Registered Users

Well... my point was, all of these new elite Imperial cavalry, as well as Liu Chong's are lacking in armored horses. It's a bit jarring since they're supposed to be heavy armored. Chen Peacekeeper illustrated unit card shows the horses resplendent in shining armor, so I suspect this might be an oversight.

Sun Jian's special horse mount is the same. The item art shows a fully armoured horse similar to Cao Cao's mount, but in game it's just a regular heavy cavalry horse with only a frontal barding.
  • 123qwer12345123qwer12345 Posts: 1Registered Users
    ever since i got the mandate of heaven the game shuts down and i return to desktop
    does anyone have an idea why this is happening?
    the first time it happened i was playing as kong rong and i became a vassal to yuan shao and the exact next turn a faction offered to support my independence and i accepted their offer and then the game crushed
    they next time i rejected the offer and the game went on for a few turns until it crushed again
  • punic soldierpunic soldier Posts: 95Registered Users
    edited January 23
    one thing that three kingdoms has shown is that it doesn't take half a world on a campaign map and lots of facctions to make it a better game.
    a detailed map in provinces in a specific area and at a specific time, with historical features, with all kinds of details, both in events, units, mechanics, diplomacy, generals, is better than a generalist campaign.
    a game based on the english civil war with only two factions and the possibility of entering some more like the Scots per event or if the circumstances occur, with historical units, their historical regiments with their emblems, with the generals of that time would be a excellent game.
    a epoch besides, that of pike and shots, that CA has barely touched on their games.
    or about the civil war of the united states,the zulu war and many more campaigns that can be good games.

Post edited by punic soldier on