Ordertide is a huge problem, but we know that CA is aware of it and will fix it as soon as possible. This is why I want to make a thread to collect and discuss some suggestions and ideas.
The Dawitide will hopefully be fixed with the GS rework but there are other things that need to be done to make the Old World interesting again.
Right now all Empire and Bretonnia factions are to friendly towards each other. All Empire and Bretonnia factions are just holding hands and singing kumbaya. They only wake up from that stand-by mode when an evil factions appears on the map.
Mostly a poor little and absolutely harmless BM faction that spawned somewhere in the woods.
As soon as such a faction arrives, all Order buddies collectively hunt it down without Mercy. When this particular evil faction is wiped out they all go back to their campfire to sing kumbaya again.
This attitude might be loreful but it also makes that whole area absolutely boring. In my opinion the empire rework was excellent but what we need are more enemies and threats.
In the following I want to share some ideas that could help to make the old world feel more dynamic and interesting again for the player. Interesting for Order and Evil factions at the same time, than lets be honest, both sides are nearly unplayable now.
Norsca, VC and BM are just a slog and the Empire and Bretonnia are plain boring because they have no enemies to fight.
(I used some points again from the „more Vampires“ thread I made a few days ago)
Here are my suggestions that could help to improve the Old World:
1. Karak Azul should just start with one settlement. The rest should be owned by GS and Skaven factions.
2. Vlad should own the whole province of western Sylvania and also the settlement of Niedling in Stirland. This would force the AI to expand into Stirland. (Of course the braindead VC AI needs to be fixed as well).
3. Make Mordheim a 10 slot settlement and it’s own province like Hellpit and Skavenblight. Then put a Skaven faction there.
4. Add the forest of Shadows as a new 1 settlement Province near Ostland and place a VC faction there. Zacharias the Everliving ruled this forest so a VC faction there would be loreful. Instead of a new province it could also be a new minor settlement in Ostland.
5. Add a VC faction in Middenstag.
Dieter Helsnicht terrorised Middenland so a VC faction with only Necromancer Lords would be loreful.
6. Add a VC faction in Akendorf.
Gashnag ruled over his tiny Kingdom in the BP so a VC starting there would be loreful.
7. Add a VC faction to Aquitaine.
Normally the Red Duke should be there and not in Mousillion.
8. Add a GS faction in the Brass Keep. It’s in the Mountains so it would make sense. The settlement skin should of course stay Empire like.
9. Add a Skaven faction in Ubersreik. Vermintide! Would be a good starting Enemy for Reikland.
10. Add more BM factions spawning in the Drakenwald and in Talabecland. BM hordes should spawn as fullstacks and depending on the number of turns, with better units. A new BM faction spawning with only Ungor units around turn 100 is just a joke.
11. Add more GS horde factions spawning in the empire every few turns.
12. Add the Black Chasm to the Massif Orkal with a Skaven Faction.
13. All Major Dwarf, GS and Skaven factions should start at war with each other without the chance to make peace. Its ridiculous to see Queek and Thorgrim always ending up as BFF.
I know these are a lot of points but adding some factions here and there shouldn’t be a big Deal for CA. More enemy factions are necessary to make the Empire interesting again.
So what else could be done to make the Old World great (enjoyable) again? Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas.