Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I would LOVE to be able to test units against each other without the interference of generals

ShaosilShaosil Registered Users Posts: 1
To my knowledge, generals being a requirement and leading a group of units, or a retinue, has been a somewhat recent development decision. I remember the older games (Rome 1, Empire maybe?) only had units that made up an army. I can't remember if the first unit in the army was a "leader" or not, but the point is, I used to have so much fun creating custom battles (scorpions against peasants, elephants against catapults, whatever), and seeing how it played out. Now, I can't really do that. There's always an enemy general, and in the case of Three Kingdoms (records mode), he's always accompanied by cavalry.

Is there a mod that would allow me to test units out in custom battles only? Or if that's too complicated because a lot of the game code revolves around retinues, at least disable the enemy general's AI during the battle?

I'm a programmer but with full time work and kids I don't have much time to be developing mods, but I'm half tempted to make this myself. I haven't had any luck finding a matching mod. The Warhammer games had "no lords" mods to handle this, I believe.

Comments