Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The spells upgrade bugs are still not fixed!

MasterSayo01#2856MasterSayo01#2856 Registered Users Posts: 1,240
Hello C.A.,

The spells upgrade bugs are still not fixed (see the links). And I have noticed that the Light Wizard has the same spells bug problem (see pictures 1 - 6).
The spells upgrade bug is report about 9 months ago. So, what is going on to fix this (see the link "Spells are bug, the spells don't upgrade").

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/242265/all-the-spells-are-bug-the-spells-dont-upgrade-in-campaing#latest

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/251672/some-bugs-still-not-fixed-after-the-latest-update-hotfix#latest

Have they found more problems with this issue and it takes longer to fix the bugs?

It's not only the wizards of the Empire, but also other races with the wizards have the same bugs.

I have added the save file "Empire Reikland, to battle", *Empire Reikland* (campaign map) and the "Modified log file".
And I have update version 1.8.2 and don't use any mods.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6

For the Empire Reikland! Long live Emperor Karl Franz!

Comments

• RabenrechtRabenrecht Registered Users Posts: 11
    Could you PLEASE comment the individual picture what they are meant to show?

Because I can't figure out what exactly the supposed problem is.

Picture 3 shows that the character has one point in the Shems Burning Gaze skill. The skill effects are a -30% cooldown reduction and being able to overcast the spell.

Shems Burning Gaze should have normally a cooldown of 31s, so the displayed cooldown of 21s is correct (31s - 30% = 21.7s).

Picture 6 shows the stats of the spell in battle. The cooldown is STILL dísplayed at the correct value of 21s, and you can see the overcast option in the spell icon. To me it seems the skill works exactly as advertised.

So, what do you think does not work correctly?
  • MasterSayo01#2856MasterSayo01#2856 Registered Users Posts: 1,240
    edited February 2020

Could you PLEASE comment the individual picture what they are meant to show?

Because I can't figure out what exactly the supposed problem is.

Picture 3 shows that the character has one point in the Shems Burning Gaze skill. The skill effects are a -30% cooldown reduction and being able to overcast the spell.

Shems Burning Gaze should have normally a cooldown of 31s, so the displayed cooldown of 21s is correct (31s - 30% = 21.7s).

Picture 6 shows the stats of the spell in battle. The cooldown is STILL dísplayed at the correct value of 21s, and you can see the overcast option in the spell icon. To me it seems the skill works exactly as advertised.

So, what do you think does not work correctly?

I shall explain to you.

Picture 2 and picture 3 you see the difference between this Spell. Picture 2 is the "standard" of this spell and picture 3 is the "upgrade" level 1 for this spell.

And now it comes. If I look the icon of the spell then it isn't change (see picture 2). And it is the same in picture 6 that this spell isn't upgraded to level 1. So, it's still the "standard" spell "Shems Burning Gaze". And this isn't correct and this is also a bug.

• furtissim#2177furtissim#2177 Registered Users Posts: 421
    I don't know what you're on about.

Overcasting a spell is a decision you make in-battle if you unlocked the capability of doing so. Unlocking overcasting for a given spell doesn't mean you will always overcast it when you used it in battle.

To overcase any spell (some can't be overcasted) you simply double click the icon of the spell in-battle and then select the target.

Enjoy.
    furtissim said:

I don't know what you're on about.

Overcasting a spell is a decision you make in-battle if you unlocked the capability of doing so. Unlocking overcasting for a given spell doesn't mean you will always overcast it when you used it in battle.

To overcase any spell (some can't be overcasted) you simply double click the icon of the spell in-battle and then select the target.

Enjoy.

This is something new for me. Maybe you have it right, or maybe you have it wrong. :/

I shall try it if this works, when I play the game Warhammer 2. ;)

So, I will let you know of this works or not. :)

edited February 2020
    I'd be deeply honoured if you do so.
    @furtissim

Blest by Sigmar! :D

It works with the Light Wizard with the spell Shems Burning Gaze. :*

You can even switch this spell in "standard" and the upgrade spell. ;)

Thanks for the hint and for the information about this spell. ;)

And I hope for the other Wizards from the Empire Reikland that this works too. :/
    So, the bug(s) is (are) fixed. :D

Looks like the 'bug' has indeed been fixed.

Dope.
  • Gardan_KoloftGardan_Koloft Senior Member Zamin_e_IranRegistered Users, Smiley Posts: 978
    As a new player I find spells extremely poorly explained. Unintuitive, With icons all over the place and no explanation as to what they are. This is very frustrating.

Where did you find these people that worded these spells? This is basics
    I!..!I
    “The lion is most handsome when hunting”

As a new player I find spells extremely poorly explained. Unintuitive, With icons all over the place and no explanation as to what they are. This is very frustrating.

Where did you find these people that worded these spells? This is basics

That's not true. Take a look at pictures 2 and 3. There is lots of explanation, what a spell do in the battlefield. :/

And when you do right click of a spell icon, then you comes in a "spell browser" and you can see a short movie what the spell do. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file