Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War footage in monetized videos

Abraham1995Abraham1995 Posts: 4Registered Users
Hello, everyone. My apologies if this question is in the wrong section. How exactly does one get permission from CA to use total war footage (not necessarily gameplay) in a for-profit educational video? Basically, I am currently developing a subscription-based website where I'm going to post animated history courses. It would be really amazing if I could include Total War footage in those videos.

Where do I go to get permission? SEGA isn't really helping me, and I don't know where to go in CA. I know there must be a direct way to do it, as there are quite a few monetized history channels out there who use TW footage. All help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, guys!

Comments

• Abraham1995Abraham1995 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Just tagging a mod in case this is in the wrong place: @Grace_CA
  • CA_JamesCA_James Posts: 336Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
    Hey Abraham,

first off, thanks very much for thinking of Total War for your project, it sounds like it'll be really insightful when it's up and running!

As for your request, unfortunately there's not really anything we can do in-studio. Sega are the guys that deal with licensing requests so you'll have to continue speaking to them about it.

Sorry I can't be of more help, and good luck with your site!

CA_James said:

Hey Abraham,

first off, thanks very much for thinking of Total War for your project, it sounds like it'll be really insightful when it's up and running!

As for your request, unfortunately there's not really anything we can do in-studio. Sega are the guys that deal with licensing requests so you'll have to continue speaking to them about it.

Sorry I can't be of more help, and good luck with your site!

Thanks! I actually just found their licensing email address, so I was able to reach out to them directly. Thank you again!
    They've been totally ignoring my repeated emails. Has anyone else dealt with this problem?