Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Overriding Vanilla Tables?

WealthyAardvarkWealthyAardvark Posts: 6Registered Users
So I've been trying off and on for a while to try to get my mod to work. I've been trying to overwrite the character_relationship_opinion_topic_set_to_topics table so that having the One-Eyed debilitation doesn't make someone Intimidating for character relations; I've got several people who are opposed to intimidation in my faction and I just find it ridiculous that losing an eye causes this massive change in personality.

Anyway, because the entry on the table I'm trying to delete is a hidden one, I needed to use some values I could easily see as my test; I chose the Suspicious trait since Cao-Cao starts with it (3k_main_opinion_topic_set_folly_suspicious
). The problem is that my mod's table is being loaded alongside the vanilla table instead of overriding it, leading to situations like this.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Mod file attatched.

Comments

• RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 1,912Registered Users
    edited February 2
    You may actually have to override the whole table, so keep the original name of the table, keep all the original data and just remove the line you don't want to add the one you do want.

But I'm a tinkerer, not an expert so maybe there is a way...
  • WealthyAardvarkWealthyAardvark Posts: 6Registered Users
    That was my intended method, but given the result I've gotten I'm not sure if I've just done it wrong or if this table can't be overridden or something.
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 1,912Registered Users
    Then I admit I do not know

I personnally decided that my characters should like each other more than they should hate each others anyways so it's less of a problem to me I suppose...