Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Help: game frozen immediately on launch

zk709zk709 Posts: 2Registered Users
So I decided to download RTW from steam onto my laptop, it has all the proper specs to play it. when I launch the game from my desktop it launches into the player but the desktop page of my computer is frozen on the screen. the audio still plays and it seems that the game is running it's just that the screen is frozen. I am playing on Windows 10 and I did the recommended fix with the preferences file but still no luck.
Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?
Tagged:

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 19,023Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Make sure you have the appropriate DX programs on file first. It is a very old game and windows does not always automatically provide the right one.

If that fails, then contact Steam Support. Good Luck.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • zk709zk709 Posts: 2Registered Users
    DirectX program? I have 11.0 and it says it only needs 9.0
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,571Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    I thin he means the redistributables in ~steamapps\common\Sreamworks Shared

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png