Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War ROME II - Enemy at the Gates Edition

CA_JamesCA_James Posts: 336Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

Still haven’t played ROME II? Now is a great time to pick it up!

Total War: ROME II – Enemy at the Gates combines the original game and its best expansions to take you back to ROME sweet ROME.

Check out everything that’s included here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/introducing-total-war-rome-ii-enemy-at-the-gates-edition/

And take a look at the trailer here:

Comments

• FERRDOFERRDO Posts: 3Registered Users
    CA, blink once for "we will give Rome 2 another patch," and twice for "we will definitely give Rome 2 another patch."
  • lilsweetcaligulalilsweetcaligula Posts: 285Registered Users
    FERRDO said:

CA, blink once for "we will give Rome 2 another patch," and twice for "we will definitely give Rome 2 another patch."

Alternatively please don't blink at all if the patch is just around the corner!
    My personal favorite Total War games chart:
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon
  • LLLOGOSSSLLLOGOSSS Posts: 1Registered Users
    Will it be possible to buy a physical copy of this game in the USA? For Mac? Where? 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • Herr_ArnulfeHerr_Arnulfe Posts: 754Registered Users
    edited February 24
    Hopefully HatG has been updated to account for the latest DLCs:

- remove Civil Wars, they're completely unbalancing in an empire-vs-empire scenario.
    - add Masaesyli as playable faction from Desert Kingdoms.
    - modify or remove family trees; they don't make sense in a game with 1-month turns.
    - revert winter season back to Oct-Dec for historical accuracy (or perhaps Nov-Jan). Hannibal crossed the Alps in November under winter conditions.

Also, please check some of the AI behaviours for historical precedent. In dozens of playthroughs, I've only seen Rome invade Spain once.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 22,230Registered Users

Hopefully HatG has been updated to account for the latest DLCs:

- remove Civil Wars, they're completely unbalancing in an empire-vs-empire scenario.

Why should they dumb the game down? Internal division is what plagued most large empires in history and the Romans had their fair share of it.

Why should they dumb the game down? Internal division is what plagued most large empires in history and the Romans had their fair share of it.

Civil war wasn't a factor at all during the Punic Wars; both Rome and Carthage were stretched to their limits fighting each other. In gameplay terms, having a civil war break out totally unbalances the scenario. HatG wasn't play-balanced for civil wars and I doubt whether anyone playtested it with the last 2 patches.

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 22,230Registered Users

Civil war wasn't a factor at all during the Punic Wars; both Rome and Carthage were stretched to their limits fighting each other. In gameplay terms, having a civil war break out totally unbalances the scenario. HatG wasn't play-balanced for civil wars and I doubt whether anyone playtested it with the last 2 patches.

Petty internal rivalries have always existed. Funny that you mention the Punic Wars, one reason Hannibal didn't do as well as he could was because his enemies back home withheld resources from him for the war and so he had to do with less than would have been possible. Who knows what would have happened had he been victorious and there had been large spoils to distribute!

Also, I welcome the added challenge. It's not like R2 was an all-out brainbuster before either.

Petty internal rivalries have always existed. Funny that you mention the Punic Wars, one reason Hannibal didn't do as well as he could was because his enemies back home withheld resources from him for the war and so he had to do with less than would have been possible. Who knows what would have happened had he been victorious and there had been large spoils to distribute!

Also, I welcome the added challenge. It's not like R2 was an all-out brainbuster before either.

Carthaginian party politics are already reflected through the political system, no need for civil wars. Have you actually tried HatG post-patch? You're virtually guaranteed a civil war within the first 2 years.