Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

the AI in battles seems alot more stupid in warhammer than in other totalwar games like shogun 2.

akinataakinata Posts: 11Registered Users
i remember when playing shogun 2 the AI would use some smart moves to try and win the battle.
_they kept hiding in the forest when defending. (even waited for the cavalry archers to run out of ammo shooting them in the forest before atacking with its infantry.)
_they used attrition tactics when they had way more range unit than me before attacking.
_tthey tried to avoid charging into squads stronger than it and always aimed for the best outcome. (pike vs cavalry, swordsmen vs pikemen, not charging into a wall of pikes unless they were attacking, etc)

in warhammer the AI just charge at you. it is good at flanking with cavalry but if you put spearmen on the side it will just charge them instead of avoiding them until there is no better target. they don't even try to take out the artillery or protect it with something leaving their arty always alone and easy to take out.
it would be cool if the AI would always try to engage winning fights between units unless there is no other alternative. or support loosing fights with another unit to make it a win. also it would be great if their lord and heroes would be suicidal. they are usually the first to die as they charge in alone.

just as a reference, what do you people think about totalwar battle AI and what game has the better battle AI in all totalwar gmes?
Tagged:

Comments

• akinataakinata Posts: 11Registered Users
    i also forgot about one major thing, the AI throw all its powerfull abilities and spell on the first enemy encountered even if it is just a peasant mob or a summoned unit. this allow for a cheap abuse that considerably decrease the AI strenght.
  • DandalusXVIIDandalusXVII Posts: 4,220Registered Users
    edited February 8
    That's why play a head to head campaign with a friend. This is where players take control of ai armies.
  • akinataakinata Posts: 11Registered Users

That's why play a head to head campaign with a friend. This is where players take control of ai armies.

i didn't knew that. interesting !
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 22,230Registered Users
    Shogun2, SMART?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Sorry, the two dominat tactics being braindead bumrush or steadfast, unflappable hillcamping doesn't show any sort of smarts for the AI.

The only AI I'd find actually act smartly was in Attila where they kept reserves, send off parts of the army to distract the enemy and went for pure skirmish duels if they had the ranged advantage.

• DandalusXVIIDandalusXVII Posts: 4,220Registered Users
    akinata said:

i didn't knew that. interesting !
    Players there get the choice before battle start to fight as ai. Welcome.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file