Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Three Kingdoms mod question

WangqiiiiiWangqiiiii Registered Users Posts: 2
edited February 15 in Community Mods
Hi all,

I really want to make this idea come to fruition, but I have never made a mod for any game at all ever. I definitely know very little about the scope of what is actually possible when it comes to modding. I was hoping to get some feedback or advice about this idea I've got and how I can bring it about:

In both campaign modes (Records & Romance), the player can toggle between the usual battle interface (operating units and issuing orders) to operating one of the generals in hand to hand combat (dynasty warriors type game-play).

I've thought of a lot of different intricacies that could be involved in how things would work and be with this added component to the battles, but I admit, it does seem a bit far reaching for a mod to accomplish. For the sake of the argument, lets call this new possible game-play "fight mode".

I picture the mod commandeering the battle camera motions in order to follow whichever general is being operated in "fight mode" during the battle. I have no idea how I could get the mod to actually have keys command the general to swing their weapon at enemies, get on/off their horse, initiate a charge or battle formation for their own unit, use any abilities, block, counter, or any of that. Of-course, I don't even know if this is possible.

Does anyone have any advice or comments about this? I appreciate any help. Thanks!
Post edited by Wangqiiiii on

Comments

• froloffrolof Registered Users Posts: 335
    You're asking for a lot. This game has tons of engine limitations.

What you're asking is impossible.
  • WangqiiiiiWangqiiiii Registered Users Posts: 2
    Frolof, thank you for replying! I guess having someone else say that the idea is impossible makes me feel better about it not existing, but then I start asking myself... how impossible?

I'm not talking about the AI behaving any differently during a battle, I am just talking about being on the field swinging a weapon. Also, screw the fancy flashy crap that we see in DW nowadays. I am thinking more along the lines of DW4 or something. Just simple swinging motions from one character, who may or may not be attacked by nearby enemy soldiers. The game is already computing the same thing for thousands of other individual soldiers, so I am curious as to why it becomes impossible to operate one of the thousands of bodies on the field manually? My response is purely inquisitive, by the way.