Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Warhammer 3 - Dogs of War Faction Focus - Possible Army Units, Lords

FromKislevFromKislev Registered Users Posts: 6
So this Youtuber I watch has been making faction speculation videos on possibly factions for the future of the series. So far I've enjoyed them all but this recent video.

It's not about his content it's more about the fact that Dogs of War just feel kinda boring to me. I mean they don't strike me as a Kingdom type of army more like a Horde and the horde system seems just not very fun?

I've never really completed the hordes because early on I get bored.

I don't know would they be a horde since they have cities or roamers? Honestly I just don't want to see more hordes haha I could be wrong here though.

*I'll post his link below if anyone interested just wanted to see if people are scared of the fact that more horde factions can come in without a proper rework?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PpqUFQ6-Xd0&t=3s

Comments

• FromKislevFromKislev Registered Users Posts: 6
    Also I just noticed I didn't type my full name when trying to make an account anyone know if I can edit it? :D
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,413
    They have the potential to be both depending on what specifically you're talking about.

"Dogs of War" is a catch all term for mercenaries and mercs roam the whole warhammer world causing trouble and taking gold in exchange for their service. Many Dogs of War are already represented in the game right now in the form of rogue armies (Like Mengils Manflayers and such).

On the other hand you have the Settled factions like Tilea, Estalia and the Border Princes who rely almost entirely on hired mercenaries and have something of a merc culture in their homelands, where most regiments of soldiers will hire out their services for coin, rather than being drafted into a standing army.

I made a post on both of these a little while back:

Part 1: Dogs of War (Hordes) https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/253180/dogs-of-war-army-list-part-1/p1

Part 2: Tilea and Estalia (Settled Faction) https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/255312/dogs-of-war-army-list-part-2-tilea-and-estalia#latest
    I wouldn't get too down about hordes, they're obviously a facet of the games that aren't up to snuff, just like the Wood Elves campaign and its something CA seem to be very aware of. They're working on improving them, but they have alot on their checklist so its taking a while.

Just because it isn't working now, doesn't mean it cant work in the future and I think Hordes have the potential to be even better than the traditionally settled factions, they just haven't been made the best they can be just yet.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,048
    Eh the Dogs of War would probably have both as options. like 1 lord is settled and another is a horde or something like Malus where you start settled and you get the option to Horde around.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 7,584
    edited March 2020

I don't know would they be a horde since they have cities or roamers?

I assume they will be like VCoast,
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 28,328
    They should be a mix of DoW and Southern Realms.
    DoW are deeply connected with Tilea so it would make sense.

Most likely LLs:
    - Borgio
    - Lucrezzia Belladonna
    - Lorenzo Lupo
    - Mydas the Mean
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,881
    edited March 2020
    I could see DoW as a mix between Vampire Coast and Nakai. You start off with your main settlement (Miragliano, Magritta, Port Reaver etc) but your armies can also function as hordes.

They would receive contracts from all the other races - some of these contracts would involve destroying a particular army or conquering a certain city or province. You would only have 20 turns or so to complete the contract. Whenever you conquer a new territory, you can choose to gift it to your employer for a nice payout or stab them in the back and keep the settlement for yourself.

If you don't complete the contract within the allotted time, you will suffer major diplomatic repercussions with your employer which may result in them declaring war on you.

Personally, I think DoW would be an amazing faction to play as with a lot of really cool mechanics.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
    @ArneSo

Mydas the Mean is a Paymaster Hero. I know CA has played fast and loose with the "Lord" "Hero" delineation, but in the case of Paymasters, they kind of by design have to be heroes exclusively.

Also in his lore he's a self-serving, backstabbing A-hole, who constantly ruins entire armies by escaping with their pay or being stingy when dishing it out, which causes mass desertions or mutinies.

Doesn't make much sense for him to lead a faction imo.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,098
    Asarnil the Dragonlord is a must. The Elf didn't grovel before the Phony King and his cuckolded ways. I'm sure Imrik offered him a congratulatory handshake and a warm wink.

The more Caledorians the merrier.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 13,263

@ArneSo

Mydas the Mean is a Paymaster Hero. I know CA has played fast and loose with the "Lord" "Hero" delineation, but in the case of Paymasters, they kind of by design have to be heroes exclusively.

Also in his lore he's a self-serving, backstabbing A-hole, who constantly ruins entire armies by escaping with their pay or being stingy when dishing it out, which causes mass desertions or mutinies.

Heroes in the tabletop could lead armies so the "lord" and "hero" thing is absolutely not a problem for potential LLs, which is why we've seen some heroes made into LLs.

Potential start positions:

Borgio: Dual Start with

@ArneSo

Mydas would be perfect for a DoW faction with bonuses on Arabian units.

He could start somewhere on the spice rout and maybe even in Ind.

The best chance for Araby right now is Mydas and 2-3 Arabian Units.

Asarnil the Dragonlord is a must. The Elf didn't grovel before the Phony King and his cuckolded ways. I'm sure Imrik offered him a congratulatory handshake and a warm wink.

He is an Elf so he doesn’t fit as a faction leader for DoW who should be represented as Southern Realms, or at least Expeditions from the Southern Realms.

Keep in mind that all those DoW expeditions into the Dark Lands were organised by tilean City States.
    DoW without Tilea doesn’t work and also makes absolutely no sense.

Asarnil could be a unique Heroe similar to Markus Hunters, but making him a Faction Leader of a human faction would be a horrible choice.

Borgio, Lucrezzia and Lorenzo are the official DoW armybook characters and they all rule over Tilean city states.

Then we have Marco Colombo and Leonardo who are dead.

So Mydas would be the best choice for No. 4. He would also give CA the chance to add some Araby love.

If (and it’s a big if) CA wants to turn a character of a foreign race into a leader of a DoW/SR faction, it should be Gashnag who has his tiny Kingdom in the Border Princes.

But Regiment captains like Drong, Asarnil or that Hobgoblin dude should never be a faction leader for a human faction.

It’s something different to command one little regiment and ruling over an entire faction/city/state.

DoW have 4 really good armybook characters who are still alive and all very distinctive.

- Borgio
    - Lorenzo
    - Lucrezzia
    - Mydas

That’s the way to go.
    @ArneSo @neodeinos

Perhaps you both missed his lore though?

Paymasters are pure support characters with no real offensive capabilities, they're all about defense and leadership buffs and thats it. You literally could not spell out "hero" more if you tried.

Dogs of War only have like 2-3 Araby Units If they're lucky, and thats assuming they even make it in after Araby the faction was killed off as a possibility. If that had anything to do with cultural insensitivity then we aren't going to see the Desert Dogs and We Definitely aren't going to see the f-ing suicide bombers! (Death Commandos).

Wait, what the hell do you mean "foreign race or leader"?! the Dogs of War don't = the Southern Realms, they're completely separate.

Dogs of War are mercenaries from every. single. faction and race in the game. Southern Realms just relies on Mercenaries, local or otherwise.

Also, Mydas isn't local, he's from Araby (he's from both a different faction, culture and a different race to the tileo-Estalians)

The Dogs of War aren't a human faction. Even the Border Princes are arguably not entirely human factions since they also contain dwarfs and vampires. Only Tilea and Estalia are Human factions and they still rely on units from other races as well as their own.

Dogs of War potential Lords:

Asarnil Dragonlord
    Mengil Manhide
    Beorg Bearstruck
    Golgfag Maneater
    Morgan Bernheardt (Gruddgebringer)
    Gilaid Lothian

Southern Realms LL:

Lucrezzia Bellladonna
    Borgio the besieger
    Lorenzo Lupo
    Isabella Geovannia (the Pope)
    Gashnag the Black Prince
    Leitpold the Black

Pirate Characters on the side:

Jaego Roth
    Edvard Van Der Krall
    Long Drong (I suppose)
    Hildir
    Prince Yrallian
    Red Brokk

That's not even all of them. Where among that list do you see room for Mydas the Mean? (also The Grudgebringers have more justification to exist in Araby or along the silk road than Mydas does).
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,279
    I want DoW really badly. I really want Asarnil the Dragonlord atop the mighty Emerald green dragon Deathfang . I really hope Deathfang gets a vibrant green colour with custom head and normal fire colour breath.

Lucrezzia to look exactly as her model does with her horse in the green caparison. DoW have so much flavour and variety to add to the game.

@ArneSo @neodeinos

Perhaps you both missed his lore though?

Paymasters are pure support characters with no real offensive capabilities, they're all about defense and leadership buffs and thats it. You literally could not spell out "hero" more if you tried.

Dogs of War only have like 2-3 Araby Units If they're lucky, and thats assuming they even make it in after Araby the faction was killed off as a possibility. If that had anything to do with cultural insensitivity then we aren't going to see the Desert Dogs and We Definitely aren't going to see the f-ing suicide bombers! (Death Commandos).

Wait, what the hell do you mean "foreign race or leader"?! the Dogs of War don't = the Southern Realms, they're completely separate.

Dogs of War are mercenaries from every. single. faction and race in the game. Southern Realms just relies on Mercenaries, local or otherwise.

Also, Mydas isn't local, he's from Araby (he's from both a different faction, culture and a different race to the tileo-Estalians)

The Dogs of War aren't a human faction. Even the Border Princes are arguably not entirely human factions since they also contain dwarfs and vampires. Only Tilea and Estalia are Human factions and they still rely on units from other races as well as their own.

Dogs of War potential Lords:

Asarnil Dragonlord
    Mengil Manhide
    Beorg Bearstruck
    Golgfag Maneater
    Morgan Bernheardt (Gruddgebringer)
    Gilaid Lothian

Southern Realms LL:

Lucrezzia Bellladonna
    Borgio the besieger
    Lorenzo Lupo
    Isabella Geovannia (the Pope)
    Gashnag the Black Prince
    Leitpold the Black

Pirate Characters on the side:

Jaego Roth
    Edvard Van Der Krall
    Long Drong (I suppose)
    Hildir
    Prince Yrallian
    Red Brokk

That's not even all of them. Where among that list do you see room for Mydas the Mean? (also The Grudgebringers have more justification to exist in Araby or along the silk road than Mydas does).

Read the DoW armybook.

All those nobodies you listed as DoW LLs are just Regiment captains, which don’t work as faction leaders.

The official DoW armybook characters are:
    - Borgio
    - Lucrezzia
    - Lorenzo
    - Mydas
    - Marco Colombo
    - Leonardo di Miragliano
    - That hobgoblin guy (forgot his name)

All of them except that Hobo guy are also Southern Realm Characters, so they are the best choices.

DoW and Tilea are the same, they are like State troops and the Empire.

Please read the DoW armybook!

Well 2-3 Araby units would be perfect! Mydas could give them some buffs.
    @ArneSo

"All those nobodies"

Don't you start with that Pish now. Nobody is a nobody. If its official, its a possibility.

They aren't just unit captains, their backstory says otherwise, Mengil, Asarnil, Ulther Stonehammer and Beorg Bearstruck are or were all faction leaders they're more legit than Oglah Khan in that Beorg rules his own tribe, Mengil used to be a Noble with a Black Ark, Ulther is the King of karak Ungor and Asarnil was the prince of Caledor.

You're in favour of adding Anethra Helbane to the Dark Elves correct? Mengil is more legit than Anethra! He's been around longer, has a model and has more lore.

There's also Pirazzo and his Lost Legion as well.

DoW and Tilea aren't the same. Tilea is just a hotbed for mercs because they're rich and always looking to hire. Dogs of War come from every corner of the world and travel the world regularly (thats why you were able to field them in almost every other army on TT!
    @ArneSo

They have 3 Araby units do they? Well if we're going to take your logic and only go by their Army Book then they only have 1...Almost like their Army Book isn't (and has never been) the long and short of it...almost like the faction existed for years outside of that book and was worked on in prior editions and WD extensively...

@ArneSo

They have 3 Araby units do they? Well if we're going to take your logic and only go by their Army Book then they only have 1...Almost like their Army Book isn't (and has never been) the long and short of it...almost like the faction existed for years outside of that book and was worked on in prior editions and WD extensively...

DoW/SR will be a race with a big core of different human mercenaries units from Tilea, than some Ogres, Arabians, Amazons and maybe halflings. But the Core is still from Tilea.

Borgio is the major DoW character and he is the ruler of Miragliano.

There can’t be DoW without Tilea, they are one and belong together.

Again, those nobodies (because that’s what they are) are no LLs, they are regiment captains.

- Borgio
    - Lucrezzia
    - Lorenzo
    - Mydas

Those are DoW legendary Lords.

@ArneSo

"All those nobodies"

Don't you start with that Pish now. Nobody is a nobody. If its official, its a possibility.

They aren't just unit captains, their backstory says otherwise, Mengil, Asarnil, Ulther Stonehammer and Beorg Bearstruck are or were all faction leaders they're more legit than Oglah Khan in that Beorg rules his own tribe, Mengil used to be a Noble with a Black Ark, Ulther is the King of karak Ungor and Asarnil was the prince of Caledor.

You're in favour of adding Anethra Helbane to the Dark Elves correct? Mengil is more legit than Anethra! He's been around longer, has a model and has more lore.

There's also Pirazzo and his Lost Legion as well.

DoW and Tilea aren't the same. Tilea is just a hotbed for mercs because they're rich and always looking to hire. Dogs of War come from every corner of the world and travel the world regularly (thats why you were able to field them in almost every other army on TT!

The thing is that DoW already have very good candidates. Candidates that are from Tilea and the DoW armybook.

CA will never make DoW and SR different races so Borgio is a given. He is Karl Franz of DoW. Those others (Pirazzo included) are just regiment captains and nothing more.

I‘m always down for cool minor characters but DoW already have enough major characters with Borgio, Lucrezzia, Lorenzo and Mydas.

And again read the armybook, DoW and Tilea are the same. 70% of the DoW armybook is about Tilea and all those Expeditions into the Dark Lands or Lustria were Tilean expeditions.

Tilea is like Carthage, they use mercs from all around the world. Carthage used Celtic Warriors, does this make it a Celtic faction in Rome 2? No it’s still Carthage with units from all around the world. And so are Tilean City states. Miragliano should be a faction with mercenary units from all around the world. But even with some exotic units, the faction would still be Tilean in the first place.

Most DoW characters are rulers of a Tilean City states.

There can’t be DoW without Borgio and no Borgio without Miragliano. They belong together. And so do DoW and Tilea.
  • bolero567bolero567 Registered Users Posts: 95
    edited March 2020
    ArneSo said:

CA will never make DoW and SR different races
    Tilea is like Carthage, they use mercs from all around the world.
    There can’t be DoW without Borgio and no Borgio without Miragliano. They belong together. And so do DoW and Tilea.

Never say never, CA already split Chaos and Norsca. Marienberg seems well suited to being a second Tilea, a "hub" roster that binds together Dogs of War from wildly different factions. Plenty of potential units plus an impressive centrepiece unit in the Marienberg-class Landship. A second Dogs of War DLC separate from Southern Realms is the only viable time to add units for the non-Cathay minor factions of the east imo, Nippon especially. Couple of units plus a generic lord for Araby in SR (Arabyan Pirate Corsair lord?), a couple of units plus a generic lord for Nippon in DoW and there you go.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,214
    edited March 2020
    bolero567 said:

ArneSo said:

Never say never, CA already split Chaos and Norsca. Marienberg seems well suited to being a second Tilea, a "hub" roster that binds together Dogs of War from wildly different factions. Plenty of potential units plus an impressive centrepiece unit in the Marienberg-class Landship. I also think a second Dogs of War DLC separate from Southern Realms is the only viable time to add units for the non-Cathay minor factions of the east, Nippon especially. Couple of units plus a generic lord for Araby in SR (Arabyan Pirate Corsair lord?), a couple of units plus a generic lord for Nippon in DoW and there you go.
    I will say never. Marienburg is an Empire faction that uses more mercenaries than usual and it is not made out to be in any way a mercenaries first faction. The Landship is a commissioned weapon that could really be in any filthy rich faction, not just Marienburg if you ask me. I would imagine the Tileans to have as much money to buy them, same as the Marienburgers.

Norsca and WoC were split as a product of circumstance. Norsca occupied a large section of the map that ultimately served nothing before this point and was given a roster that takes pretty much all of its units from the WoC TT roster, with half of them also being in the WoC in-game roster.

But one distinction that is correct between DoW and WoC is that DoW were never meant to be a pure on mercenary faction. Both of their depictions firmly place them within confines of a Tilean design. Outside of that design all of the disparate mercenaries in Warhammer were not part of any singular faction, they were simply mercenaries available to some races. In fact, several of them were moved back to their originating races once DoW as a faction was abandoned as there really was no other place for them. Therefore, there really isn't that much to indicate that a pure merc race/faction exists in Warhammer as far as the lore or design go. Outside of the two army lists DoW were not a unified faction and in those lists they worked within the frameworks of Tilea. All of their mercenary bands in those lists were intentionally made to be in Tilea at some point for a reason.

Compare that to Warriors of Chaos who are united by the Chaos gods into a unified and formalised fighting army. Dogs of War are not unified nor standardized in this manner by any faction other than Tilea and even then, it's because their culture makes their own troops mercenaries. Norsca is also a faction by these standards as they are a unified culture and race. But the main reason why they could be done as such is because Chaos has stuff to add and making a thematic army from that stuff was possible(but even then, they're just marauders with some weapon variations for the most part, 8 of the units being straight up copy pasted from the WoC roster).

Marienburg on the other hand, really isn't anything special in this regard. Aside from the two units in Tamurkhan they never got anything for themselves. I would also say that taking into account the relatively limited material that existed for Tilea on the TT that CA will be hard pressed to not use everything they had in those two lists and make the cut. In fact, it will probably require getting some stuff from newer lore that would fit DoW but even that is limited.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• DatHomieSilverSurferDatHomieSilverSurfer Registered Users Posts: 274
    bolero567 said:

ArneSo said:

Never say never, CA already split Chaos and Norsca. Marienberg seems well suited to being a second Tilea, a "hub" roster that binds together Dogs of War from wildly different factions. Plenty of potential units plus an impressive centrepiece unit in the Marienberg-class Landship. A second Dogs of War DLC separate from Southern Realms is the only viable time to add units for the non-Cathay minor factions of the east imo, Nippon especially. Couple of units plus a generic lord for Araby in SR (Arabyan Pirate Corsair lord?), a couple of units plus a generic lord for Nippon in DoW and there you go.
    Splitting up chaos, a massive faction with massive amounts of potential roster permutations and rosters, is much different than creating two races out of the comparable footnote that is the dogs of war roster. They won't be splitting them up, the base tilean units combined with the more fun/rare non-human options will help make the faction more broadly appealing than splitting them up into one of a number of arbitrary distinctions. there's no way they'd devote that much dev time to the DoW/Southern Realms roster
    ArneSo said:

So what? Borgio is also dead.
    Crossil said:

I will say never. Marienburg is an Empire faction that uses more mercenaries than usual and it is not made out to be in any way a mercenaries first faction. The Landship is a commissioned weapon that could really be in any filthy rich faction, not just Marienburg if you ask me. I would imagine the Tileans to have as much money to buy them, same as the Marienburgers.

Marienburg looks like a perfect DLC for DoW.

SerPus said:

ArneSo said:

So what? Borgio is also dead.
    Crossil said:

Marienburg looks like a perfect DLC for DoW.

Borgio is that a year after Karl Franz's coronation. He's alive at the supposed start date.

With what? Empire troops? What else would they bring other than what there already is? Even the one time they were given an army was in one of the Empire books and it had mostly Empire troops with a certain amount of allowance for mercenaries. The only Marienburg specific stiff are the Landship and Manann's Blades, both of which are mercs by default and could be moved to DoW without much issue, imo.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

Even the one time they were given an army was in one of the Empire books and it had mostly Empire troops

The quote I posted says that they don't have enough manpower so they have to use mercenaries. Which, in my opinion, would translate pretty well in DoW subfaction with limited access to Empire troops.
    Crossil said:

The only Marienburg specific stiff are the Landship and Manann's Blades, both of which are mercs by default and could be moved to DoW without much issue, imo.

How is that an issue? Marienburg being different from the Empire is both loreful and good for the gameplay.

edited March 2020
    SerPus said:

Crossil said:

Even the one time they were given an army was in one of the Empire books and it had mostly Empire troops

The quote I posted says that they don't have enough manpower so they have to use mercenaries. Which, in my opinion, would translate pretty well in DoW subfaction with limited access to Empire troops.
    Crossil said:

The only Marienburg specific stiff are the Landship and Manann's Blades, both of which are mercs by default and could be moved to DoW without much issue, imo.

How is that an issue? Marienburg being different from the Empire is both loreful and good for the gameplay.

Yeah, they mostly use mercenaries from the Empire. I'm away from my comp but fron memory Marienburg does use mercenaries but those mercenaries are essentially Empire forces. The source eludes me from memory.

I'm mostly saying that the stuff specific to Marienburg doesn't actually require Marienburg itself.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

Yeah, they mostly use mercenaries from the Empire.

Sure. They are close to the Empire, so most of their mercenaries come from there. But mercenaries are mercenaries and no one ever said that DoW should be "tileans only". On the contrary, the more stuff we get the better.
    Crossil said:

I'm mostly saying that the stuff specific to Marienburg doesn't actually require Marienburg itself.

Why not?
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,098
    ArneSo said:

He is an Elf so he doesn’t fit as a faction leader for DoW who should be represented as Southern Realms, or at least Expeditions from the Southern Realms.

Keep in mind that all those DoW expeditions into the Dark Lands were organised by tilean City States.

Asarnil could be a unique Heroe similar to Markus Hunters, but making him a Faction Leader of a human faction would be a horrible choice.

Borgio, Lucrezzia and Lorenzo are the official DoW armybook characters and they all rule over Tilean city states.

So Mydas would be the best choice for No. 4. He would also give CA the chance to add some Araby love.

If (and it’s a big if) CA wants to turn a character of a foreign race into a leader of a DoW/SR faction, it should be Gashnag who has his tiny Kingdom in the Border Princes.

But Regiment captains like Drong, Asarnil or that Hobgoblin dude should never be a faction leader for a human faction.

It’s something different to command one little regiment and ruling over an entire faction/city/state.

DoW have 4 really good armybook characters who are still alive and all very distinctive.

- Borgio
    - Lorenzo
    - Lucrezzia
    - Mydas

That’s the way to go.
    That's precisely why he should be a LL. For variety's sake and because it is always nice to see a lesser races led by their betters. Asarnil was a commander of his own mercenary group. It can become a faction.

animacja-sygn-3.gif

SerPus said:

Crossil said:

Yeah, they mostly use mercenaries from the Empire.

Sure. They are close to the Empire, so most of their mercenaries come from there. But mercenaries are mercenaries and no one ever said that DoW should be "tileans only". On the contrary, the more stuff we get the better.
    Crossil said:

Why not?
    Because there are no explored mercenary units from the Empire. These mercenary units that Marienburg hires are presumably normal Empire units. It, essentially, offers nothing new. It just makes them look more like the Empire.

I'm not convinced that the roster are infinite in size. There isn't a set number, sure, but they won't go adding endless number of units that progressively have less and less reason to be within DoW. Thus, I would prefer CA prioritizing units that aren't available elsewhere and first, and most numerous, are the Tilean units. Other than that I would prefer them focusing on units that are either characterized as being mercenaries overall or unique mercenaries that don't have generic counterparts.

As for the second question, aside from those two Marienburg offers nothing else and is primarily an Empire faction. They are an outlier that is a peculiarity but CA has by and large ignored those particularities. In addition, they are Couronne's punching bag, so they probably aren't gonna be playable.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

ArneSo said:

- Borgio
    - Lorenzo
    - Lucrezzia
    - Mydas

That’s the way to go.
    That's precisely why he should be a LL. For variety's sake and because it is always nice to see a lesser races led by their betters. Asarnil was a commander of his own mercenary group. It can become a faction.

Well not everyone likes elves.

But I agree that Asarnil as a generic HE lord available for every DoW/SR faction would be nice.

He could be unlockable with a special mechanic for special units, lords and heroes. The new bandit tech from 3k would be a good way to implement that.
This discussion has been closed.