Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA needs to stop cranking out DLCs and start fixing bugs that have been in 3K for months

CK2BenchmarkCK2Benchmark Registered Users Posts: 386
With every new chapter pack, it seems like 3K gets further and further away from being a polished product. It would be one thing if just the chapter pack content was bugged, but every time a new release occurs, the entire game gets broken in some way, whether that's the lack of confederation, introduction of old treachery gain bug, heroes self inflicting injuries, or some other BS that's probably out there. CA needs to address long term issues 3K has had instead of just cranking out another DLC. There needs to be a major bug fix patch between AWB and the next DLC. There doesn't even need to be more content like free chars, just get those bug fixes out. The content in the game is already pretty great at this point. What 3K desperately needs right now is POLISH.

Comments

• Avenger237Avenger237 Registered Users Posts: 318
    edited March 2020
    Yeap, there is plenty of content now but it all needs to flow and work properly!!

Patch for 3 months, then Guandu DLC (with gate battles) in Q3 and then Nanman DLC in Q4 and I will be a happy man
    Post edited by Avenger237 on
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,259

Yeap, there is plenty of content now but it all needs to flow and work properly!!

Patch for 3 months, then Guandu DLC (with gate battles) in Q3 and then Nanman DLC in Q4 and I will be a happy man

Nanman should come first. After 3 chapter packs it’s time for something different again.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 3,704
    While they make gate battles they should also remake the map to add commandaries like ChenLiu, XiaPi, etc.

• Qin_FengQin_Feng Registered Users Posts: 399
    Yeah. It would suck if next patch cancels abdication yet again or something like that.
  • Avenger237Avenger237 Registered Users Posts: 318
    ArneSo said:

Nanman should come first. After 3 chapter packs it’s time for something different again.
    I have no complains about that... the sooner the war elephant units and elephant mounts arrive the better!

While they make gate battles they should also remake the map to add commandaries like ChenLiu, XiaPi, etc.

I would like to see at least Hulao Pass, Hong Nong and Xu Chang also
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 4,234
    Fully agree.

Don't bother introducing more unique characters with the next patch. Don't bother introducing new mechanics or reworking existing ones. Hell, delay the next DLC if that's what it takes. But they need to get all of these bugs nailed down for good. The game is actually more bugged now than at launch, and every DLC seems to introduce new ones. A few bugs here and there are to be expected, but it's becoming pretty obvious that these DLCs aren't been playtested past the first few turns. And how are bugs that were fixed in previous patches getting reintroduced again?!

The other issue that's annoying me is that they're treating the Chapter Packs the same as they used to treat the Mini Campaign Packs in older games; a month after release they give it one patch that fixes a handful of issues, and then forget about it for the rest of the game's lifespan. They hyped up Chapter Packs as these great new ideas that allow you to jump into the story at any point, but the transition from one to the next is often busted.

I'm often the first guy to cut CA some slack, but this is getting a bit ridiculous now.
  • Ares101Ares101 Registered Users Posts: 253
    Couldn't agree more. Please make a Pause for Bugfixing and i don't mean just one patch. The time between the MoH Hotfix and the new DLC + Patch without even communicating was just awful and i say that as a big fan since Shogun 1 Mongol Invasion!
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 2,065
    Yes, I think we need Quality of Life patch. Bugs are everywhere and many stuff are unfinished. For example, factions like Li Jue, Liu Chong and He Yi are not playable in 194 for no reason.
    Also, many factions still have only unique leader with army of generic guys. Unique guanxi characters should be priorite for future content. Factions like Gongsun Zan, Kong Rong or Tao Qian need at least 1-2 new unique characters.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
    #JusticeforTzeentch and Nurgle. They need own unique Chaos Warriors.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,259
    Labria said:

Yes, I think we need Quality of Life patch. Bugs are everywhere and many stuff are unfinished. For example, factions like Li Jue, Liu Chong and He Yi are not playable in 194 for no reason.
    Also, many factions still have only unique leader with army of generic guys. Unique guanxi characters should be priorite for future content. Factions like Gongsun Zan, Kong Rong or Tao Qian need at least 1-2 new unique characters.

Yeah Li Jue should definitely be playable! He could keep the same mechanics from Big Dong since he is also a cruel Tyrant.

But He Yi and Liu Chong are not playable because they are bound to another DLC.

I know that’s a bad decision but CA never added factions from a DLC to another DLC.

That’s why Desert Kingdoms in Rome 2 are only playable in the Grand campaign and not in Emperor Augustus.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 2,065
    ArneSo said:

Labria said:

Yeah Li Jue should definitely be playable! He could keep the same mechanics from Big Dong since he is also a cruel Tyrant.

But He Yi and Liu Chong are not playable because they are bound to another DLC.

I know that’s a bad decision but CA never added factions from a DLC to another DLC.

That’s why Desert Kingdoms in Rome 2 are only playable in the Grand campaign and not in Emperor Augustus.
    Yes, Li Jue should have old Dong Zhuo mechanics. After all, He take Dong Zhuo's role in 194.

Unplayable He Yi and Liu Chong are just unfinished work nothing more. I don't care if they make same mistake before in Rome 2.

I see no problem to buy Yellow Turban DLC to play Yellow Turbans in 194 or Mandate of Heaven to play Liu Chong in 194. You can't play them in 190 without DLC.

How can I be sure Nanmam, Korea etc will be playable in 194, 182 or any other chapter?

I wouldn't be surprised, If Nanmam characters will be playable only in 190. After all, 190 will be only priority for CA.
    This will kill any future chapter DLC for me with only half playable game contents on map.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
    #JusticeforTzeentch and Nurgle. They need own unique Chaos Warriors.
  • durbaldurbal Registered Users Posts: 129
    Not having Liu Chong and He Yi playable in all start dates when you have the necessary DLCs for those individual characters is silly. It might require a bit of refactoring in the database but DLCs should unlock characters and not just campaign starts.
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,695
    edited March 2020
    The question is :

- Should CA just focus on cranking as much content as possible in the game then untangle the spaghetti when there is no new content to break stuff
    - Should they try to untangle the spaghetti as it goes, risking breaking things that are fixed in the process...

I mean ideally they iron out everything with every patch but apparently it's not happening. :neutral:

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 4,234
    Rewan said:

The question is :

- Should CA just focus on cranking as much content as possible in the game then untangle the spaghetti when there is no new content to break stuff
    - Should they try to untangle the spaghetti as it goes, risking breaking things that are fixed in the process...

I mean ideally they iron out everything with every patch but apparently it's not happening. :neutral:

Cranking out as much content as possible is just throwing more spaghetti on the tangled pile of spaghetti we already have, and lead to the game becoming an unplayable mess before very long.

Untangling spaghetti as they go isn't working, because patches are too few and too far between as it is, and they often don't fix other bugs that have been around for ages.

I'd prefer they just put everything on hold for a few weeks and concentrate on bugs and balance fixes, then go about fixing the root of the cause so the same bugs don't keep cropping up again and again with each new DLC.
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,695
    I'd prefer they just put everything on hold for a few weeks and concentrate on bugs and balance fixes, then go about fixing the root of the cause so the same bugs don't keep cropping up again and again with each new DLC.

I'm not sure if they wouldn't have to rewrite entire part of code to get rid of the bugs we're getting right now (and that may even break other things)

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !