Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Multiplayer Campaign with Bootcamp

Holdenwest42Holdenwest42 Registered Users Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Multiplayer
Hello TWC,

A friend of mine recently installed Total War: Rome II for the sole purpose of playing a multiplayer campaign with me. She has a 2015 MacBook Pro, and both the campaign and battle functions of the game run perfectly fine on her computer. However, we recently discovered that Mac users and PC users cannot play online together. Neither she nor I are using any mods and she is not playing the game on Windows via Boot camp.

I have read other threads that address aspects of this question, but not this question specifically. The question is: IF she downloads and runs windows on Boot camp, WILL SHE BE ABLE TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER WITH PC USERS?

I understand initially that one might want to say based on other threads or the fact that the game was designed to be played separately that the logical conclusion is that it is not possible. However, while any advice is of course welcome, I would preferably like to hear from people who understand how Boot camp works at a very appreciable level, or from people who have tried this before.

Thank you all in advance!

Post edited by Holdenwest42 on

Comments

• Holdenwest42Holdenwest42 Registered Users Posts: 2
    SOLUTION: DOWLOADING WINDOWS ON YPUR MAC COMPUTER VIA BOOTCAMP WORKS!

If you own a mac computer, try downloading windows on your computer using macbook.

You will have to reinstall your Total War title on the windows side, but the game runs quite well and you WILL be able to play with PC users.

I am currently 20 turns into a head to head campaign- me with my HP laptop, and my friend with her 2016 macbook pro.
  • gametharghetgametharghet Registered Users Posts: 2
    that's a beautiful thing that I discovered thanks