Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vampire Counts advice - Handling Kazak Kadrin

thraximundar566thraximundar566 Registered Users Posts: 4
Hey guys, this is my first time posting to these forums, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to put this discussion.
Though I am sure it has been discussed before, I am struggling to find it in the forums and would love your guy's help.
I am currently playing a co-op campaign with my friend (Me as the Von Carstiens, and him as Sylvania). We thought it would be fun to take over the world as vampires together, but he is struggling to crack the dwarven stronghold of Kazak Kadin. He has been able to relatively well take out the other dwarven factions using his grave guard + (lance)black knights, but the slayers of Kazak Kadin have proven a huge problem. Their low armor, but insane damage suggests dealing with them via range...
but alas....
vampires.

I know this is probably a pretty simple question, But I would love to hear any advice that you guys have for our campaign. He tried returning with a more crypt ghoul based army, but that failed as well. Is there any way short of marching three 20 stacks on them that this city can be taken?
Thank you all for your time.

Comments

• ROMOBOY#7812ROMOBOY#7812 Registered Users Posts: 4,823
    Blitzkrieg it.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• thraximundar566thraximundar566 Registered Users Posts: 4
    ROMOBOY said:

Blitzkrieg it.

See I would but I don't have tanks...
    Unless of course you mean smash into them with three armies using crypt horrors as battering rams...
  • ROMOBOY#7812ROMOBOY#7812 Registered Users Posts: 4,823

ROMOBOY said:

Blitzkrieg it.

See I would but I don't have tanks...
    Unless of course you mean smash into them with three armies using crypt horrors as battering rams...
    Yes... and you got 1 of the best lores of magic. With a little cheese you could take it before turn 20.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    edited April 2020
    Monsters and cav are of dubious effectiveness as slayers are anti-large first and foremost. I think basic Grave Guard with flying monsters for enemy range supported by healing magic from lords or necromancer heroes are the preferable option.

Other than that you can beat Slyers with cav if you feel like cycle charging but it's micro heavy. They will be grinded down after a while, however.

Last addition would be Pit of Shades from Lore of Shadows Vampire hero? Or the Pendulum.

You could just send an army or two to assist your friend and auto resolve past it with 4 armies or something.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • rrinscheid#7766rrinscheid#7766 Registered Users Posts: 222
    Normal grave guard are great against slayers.

You could always force them to stack together and wind of death them as well.
    Crossil said:

Monsters and cav are of dubious effectiveness as slayers are anti-large first and foremost. I think basic Grave Guard with flying monsters for enemy range supported by healing magic from lords or necromancer heroes are the preferable option.

Other than that you can beat Slyers with cav if you feel like cycle charging but it's micro heavy. They will be grinded down after a while, however.

Last addition would be Pit of Shades from Lore of Shadows Vampire hero? Or the Pendulum.

You could just send an army or two to assist your friend and auto resolve past it with 4 armies or something.

This is some great advice thank you. If he keeps struggling Ill send a few armies to help him resolve past it, but at this point, I think its a point of pride. He wants to win haha. Ill remind him to make better use of his magic for sure

Normal grave guard are great against slayers.

You could always force them to stack together and wind of death them as well.

ill give that a try. Thanks!
  • Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,492
    Wind of death. Blob up ai and then watch the fireworks.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Erathil#3988Erathil#3988 Registered Users Posts: 1,490
    I've played a lot of Von Carstein campaigns. I have a very simple go-to strategy for fighting dwarfs:

Don't.

It's just... you can win, technically, but you'll spend ages and tons of resource and all you'll have is control of a sliver of unpleasant settlements. Because Vampire infrastructure is prohibitively expensive as is, it'll take hundreds of turns to turn the World's Edge into something even marginally useful. And if you expand in that direction, you'll eventually rub shoulders with the Greenskins, and Greenskins make terrible neighbors.

I get that this doesn't really apply to a co-op campaign, but I find it's best to befriend Karaz-a-Karak. It's tricky, but sometimes you can pull it off. I've had a couple games where I was allied to the dawi-tide, and just never had to worry about the Badlands.
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,414
    That sounds terribly boring...

I wouldn't take them, certainly, but sacking and razing the mountains is a great cash machine.

Greenskins have lousy archers, which are the biggest problem with VC garrisons, getting shot up without return fire. Once you sack and raze most of the mountains, they'll spend most of their time under attrition, or garrisoned, lose fights constantly, have low fightiness in general, and really not amount to much.

Dwarfs on the other hand, just love bringing armies with powerful ranged contingents, and heavily armored infantry. After you kill most of them, odds are the Greenskins will like you anyway.
  • Patrikseve#8733Patrikseve#8733 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,129
    As for battle... magic, graveguards and flyers. I also use some spectral stuff like wraiths. But depends on difficulty a bit aswell what you employ. You want to get close quickly though. One thing you can do is to bait the shots with single entities first to loosen the ammo they have.
  • Wargol#7449Wargol#7449 Registered Users Posts: 1,449
    edited April 2020

Their low armor, but insane damage suggests dealing with them via range...
    but alas....
    vampires.

Sylvanians crossbowmens and handgunners ;)
  • Slayer_Yannir#8069Slayer_Yannir#8069 Registered Users Posts: 2,719
    I have 3 words: Wind of Death.
    Formerly known as Yannir. Oaths have been taken.