Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Three Kindoms and Warhammer as a solide base for Napoleon TW II and this is why

jgmasterjgmaster Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 599
Note 700+ hours on NTW, my most played TW game.

The bad of NTW:
- A good diplomatic system => can be solved with the more fleshed out diplomatic system of 3K

- No meaningfull generals and certainly to squishy to use in combat (think at Murat, Lasalle, ... always leading from the front) => the new subcommander (hero's) system from 3K can be a nice edition for example:
Army of Napoleon:
Subcommanders:
Vandamme (heavy buffs to normal inf.)
Murat (heavy buffs to cav)
Mortier (heavy buffs to guard units)

- Guns are to accurate (I think a mix of vanila and NTW 3 should be fine) and cav to squishy (because the guns are so accurate)

- AI is to stupid for this game, exposing the flanks, marching around under heavy musket fire, suiciding cav for no reason, ... => I think we made a good step forward with W2TW (I don't know about 3K)

- Nothing really wrong with the recruitment system but implementing 3K system is a bit more realistics I suppose

- Lackluster campaign maps => better maps in WTW

- Less meaningfull agents compared to other games => more meaningfull agents in WTW

- No custom fonds for custom battles or MP => solved since RTW2

- No grand battle feeling (20 unit cap) => solved since RTW2

The good of NTW:
- Tactical gameplay (using ditches, streams, hills, crossing, houses)

- Different campaigns to tell Napoleon's story

- Historical battles

- Different places to research technologies