Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Questions for tomorrow's REDDIT AMA (MEGATHREAD)

IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 1,026
edited April 8 in General Discussion
Here let's gather all of our questions for tomorrow's or day after tomorrows AMA. (we still have no date yet I think)

Here are mine:

"Why can't you guys talk about future DLC content?"

"Why do you guys give the impression is easier to release 3K info instead of WH info?"

"Are you somehow restrained by GW or business people on the top of CA?"

"Is there any word about the guy you hired to check all of our requests on the forum?" If yes, what are his top discoveries"?

Send yours so they can pick some questions from here!
I hope @Grace_CA checks some of this questions and answers them on Reddit.
Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,217
    I'd suggest that if people aren't interested in the upcoming AMA then there's no need for them to focus on it or derail it. If it's not for you that's okay, if it is then awesome, enjoy it. Myself I have no interest in the actual AMA, but the drama's at least a bit amusing.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,366
    1. Who will voice Imrik and Minaithnir in their DLC?
    2. Will you resize and resculpt Alith Anar's head?
    3. Can you update official forums avatar selection? I want Caledor!
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• rymeintrinsecarymeintrinseca Registered Users Posts: 852
    When will the multiplayer leaderboard be reset?
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,453
    1) How many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man?
    2) Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp, and do you think it was the same person who put the ram in the ram a lam a ding-dong?
    3) You said you loved me, or were you just being kind..or am I losing my mind?
    4) Was Elvis Costello really a secret lemonade drinker?
    5) Does doing the Shake n Vac really put the freshness back?
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • SylpinteSylpinte Registered Users Posts: 22

Here let's gather all of our questions for tomorrow's or day after tomorrows AMA. (we still have no date yet I think)

Here are mine:

"Why can't you guys talk about future DLC content?"

"Why do you guys give the impression is easier to release 3K info instead of WH info?"

"Are you somehow restrained by GW or business people on the top of CA?"

"Is there any word about the guy you hired to check all of our requests on the forum?" If yes, what are his top discoveries"?

Send yours so they can pick some questions from here!
    I hope @Grace_CA checks some of this questions and answers them on Reddit.

What happened to the more transparency thing that was announced ?
  • SIRUNKLYDUNKSIRUNKLYDUNK Registered Users Posts: 310
    I thought it was on friday. Was I wrong or did CA changed schedule?
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,179
    I just want more wh2 content.

Everything they've made recently other than TWWH stuff has been amusing only for a short while. It's all had some good ideas, which I wish they could cherry pick and add into TWWH.

This growing focus on individual areas, be it britain or an old version of china is disheartening. After the Medieval and Rome games (and now Warhammer) - everything else feels just too damned small too focused on a narrative of one specific stretch of time in one small area. Total War is much better when it's giant geopolitical sandbox wargame with many diverse factions in an epic contest for supremacy.
  • RazmirthRazmirth Registered Users Posts: 2,225
    For me, I’m curious to hear if there is DLC or tww3 on the horizon anytime soon. It’s been fairly quiet for quite some time on that front. I don’t mind if I have to wait, I’d just like a rough estimate on when we could expect some new content!
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 2,371
    Why is WH2 not given anywhere near the amount of information that 3K is given?
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,366
    Itharus said:

I just want more wh2 content.

Everything they've made recently other than TWWH stuff has been amusing only for a short while. It's all had some good ideas, which I wish they could cherry pick and add into TWWH.

This growing focus on individual areas, be it britain or an old version of china is disheartening. After the Medieval and Rome games (and now Warhammer) - everything else feels just too damned small too focused on a narrative of one specific stretch of time in one small area. Total War is much better when it's giant geopolitical sandbox wargame with many diverse factions in an epic contest for supremacy.

I would love the War of the Roses title with the same level of attention to unique characters as 3K has.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• RobotWithClownFeetRobotWithClownFeet Registered Users Posts: 26
    edited April 8
    Will you pretend to care about the forums"
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 262
    edited April 8
    Mine is (excluding future content DLCs) -

1.Will there be something (content) for blood for the blood god event?
    Oh wait this is a question about future content...
    2.Will sieges finally be reworked? (Then again this is about future content again...)

I guess no questions... Sadly... Really can't think of anything else that I want to ask except for future stuff...

EDIT: Oh I got one. Will we get a blog post about the future of TW:WH (1/2/3)/roadmap.

I would love the War of the Roses title with the same level of attention to unique characters as 3K has.

Think that might have the same issue that ToB had, limited interest to those who don't know the history.

I'd like either the American Revolution, or the fall of Constantinople. A chance to change history for the better.

• RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 679
    This is going to sound accusatory no matter how I phrase it, but I want to know why they did this on Reddit instead of on their own damn forums. That would be my question. Frankly, I'd be curious why most of the information seems to go to Reddit first.
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 2,971
    Can we see improvements to existing wood elves units like hawk riders, treekin and eagles? Right now they are bad, and the roster is already small.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 23,861
    Amonkhet said:

Why is WH2 not given anywhere near the amount of information that 3K is given?

I can answer that right now, because it's a three year old game nearing the end of its lifecycle with a thematic successor on the horizon whereas 3K still has room to grow.

This is going to sound accusatory no matter how I phrase it, but I want to know why they did this on Reddit instead of on their own damn forums. That would be my question. Frankly, I'd be curious why most of the information seems to go to Reddit first.

I'd suggest that's the far bigger audience hence why more attention.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • philosofoolphilosofool Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 356
    edited April 8
    CA: we can’t answer questions about future DLC.

Forums: why can’t you answer questions about the future?

CA: I said future DLC.

Forums: Haven’t you noticed we’re entitled penises who can’t read carefully?
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 722
    1. "The last few DLCs have had an obvious imbalance in quality between the two factions when it comes to mechanic design. What was the design process behind the faction mechanics in Prophet and Warlock, Hunter and Beast, and Shadow and Blade that lead to such a disparity in quality? Might we see Tehenhauin get sacrifice-unique RoRs like Ikit and a general overhaul to sacrifices, Nakai's horde mechanics revamped, or Malus' Possession mechanic get a general overhaul in the future?"

Even if they don't answer the last part because it looks towards "future content", maybe they'll at least answer why there is an imbalance in the lord packs.

I'll throw in some soft balls that I find interesting, too.

2. "Were there always plans to create cross-game lord packs or was that something you decided on relatively recently?"

3. "At the beginning of Game 2's lifecycle, the animators made combat animations between Hellpit Abominations, Dragons, Carnosaurs, etc. Since then, have such flashy animations been properly budgeted for?"

4. "Do you consider any of the factions unit and/or feature complete?"

5. "Where is Morrslieb?"
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Hope it doesn’t get derailed and become a cringe fest.
    ROMOBOY said:

I hope it at least becomes funny.

If we're going to have an "Ask Me Anything" in which we're pre-warned not to ask about all the subjects we could possibly want to know about as we won't get an answer, we may as well have a laugh with it.

Were I on Reddit, I'd just ask irrelevant questions on it, like whether they think Wagon Wheels have got smaller, and if it's true that the office has a dartboard with Arch Warhammer's face on it.
    Arsenic said:

ROMOBOY said:

I hope it at least becomes funny.

If we're going to have an "Ask Me Anything" in which we're pre-warned not to ask about all the subjects we could possibly want to know about as we won't get an answer, we may as well have a laugh with it.

Were I on Reddit, I'd just ask irrelevant questions on it, like whether they think Wagon Wheels have got smaller, and if it's true that the office has a dartboard with Arch Warhammer's face on it.
    I meant more along the lines of “when is the next dlc?” “What’s the next dlc?” “Is there going to be a dlc?” “Hurry with the dlc!”

ROMOBOY said:

Best result from my end.

I mean I'm trying extra hard to be nice these days but drama would be the best result for me. Solid entertainment.

ROMOBOY said:

Best result from my end.

I mean I'm trying extra hard to be nice these days but drama would be the best result for me. Solid entertainment.
    I’m quite sadistic too sometimes. I just don’t want to be painted with the same brush as those clowns.

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,179
    Arsenic said:

Think that might have the same issue that ToB had, limited interest to those who don't know the history.

I'd like either the American Revolution, or the fall of Constantinople. A chance to change history for the better.

What, you mean we kick England's ass faster this time? ;)
    Itharus said:

Arsenic said:

What, you mean we kick England's ass faster this time? ;)
    Yes sir! A fellow American in these forums!
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 1,026
    Maybe “How many DLCs you want to add to WH2 (not counting the pre-order)

Has the date of release of WH3 moved from the initial plan?

“Theres always the “we need our resources on this thing not that” will you ever focus your resources on fixing past bugs? Like a “Mega BugFix patch”
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 4,508
    edited April 9
    Over the past year, we've been told over and over that more transparency is something you would like, that you are working on ways to improve the communication and yet things barely have changed. The only noticeable difference is when we were told to expect S&B in December and next DLC in May.
    For now I feel that the only real improvement in that matter was for 3K, communication with this game really feels better imo and there was even a blog where you said what the next three DLC would be about (Yellow turban rebellion, something something Cao Cao that I forgot and the Nanmans), this is a very welcomed change for the transparency and it was greatly appreciated. You took the rist to reveal a bit more your plans even though it's entirely subject to change and I do believe it was properly received by the community. Yet for Warhammer we are being told you can't say anything until it's ready because it's subject to change.

Why is there such a difference in the "philosophy" for Warhammer ? Is it something you would like to do but you can't for some reason ? If yes, what are the reasons ?
    Do you feel the Warhammer communication is better now ?
    If the communication can't be improved wouldn't it be better to just have said it's not something you can change instead of telling us you're working on it ?

You've been working on it for quite some time now and I don't feel like there is any results, it makes things even more frustrating imo and I have to admit that when I see that you're working to improve it I just don't trust you anymore.

I would also like to say that I miss the WTTAWO blogs. They didn't give any real information and that was the big issue with it but at least there was some form of communication on a monthly basis. I don't think removing those blogs entirely was the right move, I believe it was something that could've been improved. Having a vague idea of what's coming in the future for instance would've been something nice to see from those blogs. You can hint at the content coming without revealing it, you could maybe share some of your ideas ? Just more than "we're working on something, see ya next time and we'll tell you we're working on something too" would've been better. Anything. Another thing about these blogs, a positive one that I enjoyed actually, there was often some hints about Warhammer 3 in these blogs and I really enoyed those. Sure it wasn't much but it was something about game 3 but it got replaced by nothing, just silence.

So here's my question, is there a possibility we might see the WTTAWO blogs back ? Maybe in a better format that say a little more than "we're working on something, stay tuned", I firmly believe these blogs is a really good format to engage with the community, it just needed to be improved instead of removed entirely. Currently, as a member of the fanbase I feel completely left out of the development of the game. I feel that you're sharing something only when you have a DLC to sell us and that's pretty much it (though I'm not saying there is no communication obviously, it's just too little) anyway, enough blabla about it I really hope you will consider bringing the WTTAWO blogs back.

But wait, there's more. One more thing I hope will get answered is about the lord packs. With the Lord Packs in Warhammer 2, I've always felt like there was always a faction that get the short end of the stick compared to the other one. It kinda feels like you work on one faction, make all the sweet ideas you've had for it and then it's time to make the other faction of the lord pack, but it's like there is not enough budget, or maybe you're running out of time to meet some deadlines or something but what I mean is that the other faction feels unpolished, unfinished even compared to the other one that gets all the cool toys.

To be more clear, let's have a look at the last 3 lord packs. Prophet and the Warlock was truly refreshing, it made two factions that I loved but couldn't enjoy in the game actually a lot more enjoyable. Ikit Claw is a really amazing campaign, he has a lot of cool and unique toys to play with. I enjoyed Tehenhauin at first, lots of new units to have fun with and the roster finally had some variety, it was not feeling a bit bland anymore. But once the hype of the fresh toys was gone I started to realise that I kinda felt underwhelmed by Tehenhauin. It doesn't feel as polished as Ikit's campaign. Tehenhauin is unlocking the RoRs with his sacrifice mechanic and I was like "Okay, that's pretty cool" but after playing it I just realised it was more of an issue, unlocking them this way might be quicker for the first RoRs but then it takes longer than through leveling a lord for the last RoRs and I don't think it should be the case. Ikit on the other hand has access to RoRs completely unique to his faction and that makes him a lot stronger as a faction. I think Tehenhauin should have unique units to unlock through the sacrifices. One more issue with his campaign is the Invocation of Sotek. When you see that you gonna get a spell to literally summon a god on the battlefield it sounds very exciting, as soon as I unlocked it I wanted to try it and I did. I tried it and I went from excited to "Meh, that's it ?", it just doesn't feel powerful, it doesn't feel like you're summoning a god. It takes ages to cast and doesn't do much damage. I mean, it does a lot of damage but so does most spells. Now let's look at the Iki's nuke, it can literally destroys a lot of units with just one click. A bloody god should be stronger than a nuke or at the very least as strong as a nuke imo.

Well, what a boring wall of text. I'll be quicker for the last two lord packs. Markus is a great campaign, I love the supply mechanic and the events tied to it and the missions to get the hunters are really great, it kinda has an "RPG" feel which I really love. Nakai on the other hand, his campaign has issues, it's fun but man it has issues. The biggest issue with him is the vassal I think, the biggest issue with it is that your military allies can declare war on your vassal and you are forced to break the alliance which is ruining your reliability. That's obviously not something that should happen. Though I have to say Nakai is a very good step in the right direction to make Horde gameplay a lot more enjoyable.

Now, Edgy Malus the Edgeblade and the Dark Ninja of Shadows Snikch. Skaven side, it's really good as usual, lots of cool toys. I only have one issue it's the "remove faction" button that's too strong imo, the design is not particularly interesting. It's supposed to make a faction fall into Chaos but all it does is replace it with rebels. Something more interesting would be to spawn rebel armies in every provinces, that way it's not too strong and watching a whole Empire being torn by rebel would be quite satisfying. Anyway let's talk about Malus and man I expected a lot for Malus as he's quite a fan favourite. His mechanic is kinda uninspired, it works too much like a Death Night 2.0. It gets annoying ? Click one button and everything goes better. The mechanic itself is actually fine, having to find a balance between posessed and not posessed was to be expected but the buffs and debuffs don't make much sense I think. Why would all my armies not be able to replenish because Tz'arkan has control ? I don't really know what to do with that mechanic to be honest, don't really have any ideas. All I know is I'd like to see it overhauled somehow to make it more interesting. There's one thing though, I would've liked Malus to have more mechanics than that. Like, even if it's supposed to be set after, I would've loved Malus to hunt the artifacts from the books. I don't think it's much work to do, actually it's not much as a mechanic, the idea is very simple but that's enough to make his campaign a lot more interesting, travelling the world to hunt down powerful artifacts. That sounds fun. One last thing I'd like to add about Malus, his Vortex campaign is great, despite the issues I have with him I've had tons of fun and it's by far one of my favourite Vortex campaign but in ME it just doesn't work, I felt it was a lot more frustrating. You're put in a location that has two choices. Go north because the climate is green or go west but the desert is for some reason, a red climate and if you go that way it's going to be quite a pain. In the end I just always go north because it's the less frustrating.
    So I guess it's time for questions. Is going back to "fix" those factions a possibility ? Will it happen in the near future ?
    Do you feel there is a disparity between the quality of two factions in each lord pack ? What would you do to avoid the issue in the future ?

Damn son, that's quite a wall of text. I hoped you've survived until the end.
    Post edited by neodeinos on
  • SaigodjinSaigodjin Registered Users Posts: 61
    Here’s a question I hope gets asked if I miss it.

Can we have the proving grounds left up till either a new version or the DLC drops? And if not what’s the reasoning behind taking it away.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 1,026
    Saigodjin said:

Here’s a question I hope gets asked if I miss it.

Can we have the proving grounds left up till either a new version or the DLC drops? And if not what’s the reasoning behind taking it away.

PG was BAD. I would prefer a proper patch with some good fixed and novelties. Making the game slower is not the way. Sorry but I pass.
This discussion has been closed.