Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Questions for tomorrow's REDDIT AMA (MEGATHREAD)

Comments

• ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,548

I'm really getting amused at the usage of "fanboy" here.

It doesn't matter how much you insult them, as long as you keep buying their content and asking eagerly for seconds, you're a fanboy too.

Except you're not. Fan is short for fanatic.

Those who refuse point blank to see any fault in their chosen product and deride those who choose others are the only people you can rightly call fanboys.

Anyone who finds fault with CA or the product rules themselves out of that definition by default.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 24,678
    edited April 9
    Nah.

You keep buying their products and even asking for more despite complaining about them constantly makes you still a fanboy. After all, if you have nothing but bad things to say about them, why do you still want more?

We on this forum here barring the occasional drive-by troll are all fanboys and fangals.

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,918
    Arsenic said:

It doesn't matter how much you insult them, as long as you keep buying their content and asking eagerly for seconds, you're a fanboy too.

Those who refuse point blank to see any fault in their chosen product and deride those who choose others are the only people you can rightly call fanboys.

Anyone who finds fault with CA or the product rules themselves out of that definition by default.
    Listen.. I could explain I didn't buy the last 3K DLC and have no plans to buy the next one.. but I know the goal posts would be immediately moved. This is why I don't bother.

Arsenic said:

Listen.. I could explain I didn't buy the last 3K DLC and have no plans to buy the next one.. but I know the goal posts would be immediately moved. This is why I don't bother.
    LOLOLOL!

Talks about goalpost-shifting but needs to carefully stress 3K content because it's clear he's got all WH content and can't try to virtue signal that way.

Arsenic said:

LOLOLOL!

Talks about goalpost-shifting but needs to carefully stress 3K content because it's clear he's got all WH content and can't try to virtue signal that way.
    And have no plans to buy the next DLC.. which is WH.

"LOLOLOL" Are you really that excited?

Arsenic said:

LOLOLOL!

"Listen.. if you see a commenter questioning CA about future content or asking them to improve their communication.. please upvote it. Nothing's going to change if these questions get buried."
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2616335/#Comment_2616335

See, that announcement rings very hollow when your whole crusade is about getting CA to reveal future content. Don't tell me you are interested in future content when you have no intention of purchasing it.

Here's a hearty *chuckle" at you if "LoL"s are not to your liking.

Arsenic said:

LOLOLOL!

"Listen.. if you see a commenter questioning CA about future content or asking them to improve their communication.. please upvote it. Nothing's going to change if these questions get buried."
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2616335/#Comment_2616335

See, that announcement rings very hollow when your whole crusade is about getting CA to reveal future content. Don't tell me you are interested in future content when you have no intention of purchasing it.

Here's a hearty *chuckle" at you if "LoL"s are not to your liking.
    It's like a form of Tourette's.
  • ThomassiniThomassini Registered Users Posts: 627
    My questions from the AMA:

1. Are you going to to split Beastmen faction into 3 factions with each having one LL?

-“The Warherd of One-Eye” with Khazrak;
    -“The Warherd of the Crowfather” with Malagor;
    -“The Warherd of the Shadowgave” with Morghur.

Each should have its own unique personalized campaign objectives. In that way there would be more BM presence on the map. If the other LLs factions are eliminated, you can recruit them; otherwise, you have to confederate them.

Is it possible? If no, what other ideas of improving BM’s gameplay and experience do you have (without adding any new content)?

2. Is it possible to move one of LLs in the eastern coast of Lustria to the Northwest corner of that continent and thus make it more interesting there?
    Speaking of which, is any settlements/provinces shuffling on the table for Lustria?

3. Are you thinking or working on redesigning the current ME campaign goals of most factions (especially non-DLC ones but some DLC factions also could do with some makeover)? They are utterly dull and streamlined in my opinion, with conquering 8 (or 17 for long campaign) capitals the overriding (and boring) goal. Can they be more personalized for each faction, in the vein of Gor-Rok (kill Chaos, unite Lustria and kick out all the non-LM factions out of it)?

4. Can we have mid- and late game disruption events such as GS incursions, Underempire’s ascension or comebacks of dead factions? It would do miles to make late game more interesting and Ordertide more manageable.

5. Can you take a look into factions such as Cult of Sotek and Nakai? The first one has normal RoRs locked up behind sacrifices instead of having special RoRs just for Tehenhauin. It’s also a little bland with no “blast” spell at the top of the pyramid such as Ikit’s nuke.
    Also, the all-out war against Skaven is broken since there are no Skaven factions left in Lustria after turn 50 and usually much earlier.

Nakai is ok but it’s vassal is bugged due to diplomacy. It also cannot create armies and as such is a non-interactive mechanic which ends up in dead parts of the map.

6. Can you change some of the racial mechanics into dynamic ones in the vein of Sword of Khaine? E.g.:

-Tomb Kings hunting for Books of Nagash - each Book could change hands when the former owner is defeated. This could have cool and unexpected consequences when suddenly TKs send an army to us just to get the Book of Nagash. The books themselves could give any faction holding it bonuses but only TKs would need it for campaign objectives. Also, let all TKs actively participate in the race, as opposed to player only;

-The same for Vampirates’ infamy. It’s dull and uninteresting right now - all the pirate factions should strive to be the most infamous;

-The same for Bretonnia and chivalry - let Fay have more chivalry than you and you cannot confederate her. The most chivalrous LL will attract other Bretonnian factions for confederations;

-And of course Karak 8 Peaks race! Make all 3 contenders actively trying to take it, whether as AI or player-controlled; there should be enough of a reward for taking it AND massive incentives (or spawning stacks) for other 2 factions to retake it if one of them succeeds.

7. Speaking of K8P, did you think to make it 3-tier settlement, with each tier being controlled by different race? Is it even possible mechanically? Skaven can have an undercity right now, but what about Greenskins and Dwarfs? How to properly represent other settlements in game which have split ownership in lore - actually most of Skaven settlements?

8. Are you planning to offer a pre-order DLC for TWW3?
    If yes, would it be playable in TWW2 Vortex or ME campaign or both?

9. Could you rework all the LLs’ difficulty levels in the selection screen? For example right now all the Greenskins should be Very Hard while Skryre is rather on the easy side.

10. Do you have plans to make Archaon’s Chaos force at least 3 to 5 times more numerous and more impactful, while slowing down minor Chaos factions respawn rate? Currently Archaon is 99% of time wiped out trying to take Volksgrad, while Puppets of Chaos completely paralyze any faction starting in Lustria.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 1,479
    As a side note, as much as I appreciate your “normal” posts, could you guys stop derailing every other thread with your personal battle? @davedave1124 @Ephraim_Dalton
    Don't like getting defeated with your own words, davey?

*chuckle*

• neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,220
    Threads turn boring once ED steps in.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,786
    Questions about Proving Grounds are far more important than anything else.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
    neodeinos said:

OK, fanboy.

Don't like getting defeated with your own words, davey?

*chuckle*

Defeated? OK, I'll humour you, as long as you leave the goalposts where they are.

I am interested in future content, yes - does that mean I will by the next WH DLC? No.

Why? I have little interest in GSs and I find HE - meh. However, if I was dealing with a company I had a good relationship with (communication in this case) I'd overlook my tepid appreciation of those races and possibly buy the DLC.

You see? An interest in future content does not equate to automatic purchase of all products.

**Thread heroes - this post is relevant to the thread because it explains my reasons why I think people should make their feeling's known.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,220

neodeinos said:

OK, fanboy.
    Calling me a fanboy is quite funny. Got any good jokes ?

Only because of the options.
    So you want information about content you already decided you won't buy. What then exactly would be the point of telling you anything? Why are you so eager to get information when you supposedly already made up your mind?

And if you say that information might change your mind...why then would need to tell you about it earlier than they planned to? Either it will be good enough that you might buy it or it won't. When they talk about it is completely irrelevant here.

You are not making sense.

I don't want options. I want Supply Lines sent to a farm upstate.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!

So you want information about content you already decided you won't buy. What then exactly would be the point of telling you anything? Why are you so eager to get information when you supposedly already made up your mind?

And if you say that information might change your mind...why then would need to tell you about it earlier than they planned to? Either it will be good enough that you might buy it or it won't. When they talk about it is completely irrelevant here.

I'm not specifically asking for information about the next DLC, I'm asking for an overall improvement of communication, as originally promised, remember? When they said they would start to communicate the size and scope of the project? Would give us an idea of how future content would work?

I just wish you'd pay attention to what was being said before you jump in with both feet.

• ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 1,479

I don't want options. I want Supply Lines sent to a farm upstate.
    I want Supply Lines to buy the farm, or kick the bucket, or smell the flowers, or cross the Jordan river... what I’m saying is, they need to die.

I don't want options.
    You're in the right thread then.

I'm not specifically asking for information about the next DLC, I'm asking for an overall improvement of communication, as originally promised, remember? When they said they would start to communicate the size and scope of the project? Would give us an idea of how future content would work?

I just wish you'd pay attention to what was being said before you jump in with both feet.

So what's this then?

So it seems you are very much asking for information on the next DLC. And please don't try to play semantics between "next DLC" and "future content", there's no practical difference between the two in this context and you yourself have used the two interchangeably already.

The point becomes then, what better communication? I find the recent PG beta was as good as it gets, only thing missing would be to be more concrete about how people in general took it, but that's small fry.

So what's this then?

So it seems you are very much asking for information on the next DLC. And please don't try to play semantics between "next DLC" and "future content", there's no practical difference between the two in this context and you yourself have used the two interchangeably already.

The point becomes then, what better communication? I find the recent PG beta was as good as it gets, only thing missing would be to be more concrete about how people in general took it, but that's small fry.
    Do you have difficulties reading or are you just being irritating?

about future content or asking them to improve their communication

Now, above I can see I'm describing 'non specific' future content and improving communication. Yet you can see me asking specifically about the next DLC.

Seriously.. is everything ok?
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 733

This is going to sound accusatory no matter how I phrase it, but I want to know why they did this on Reddit instead of on their own damn forums. That would be my question. Frankly, I'd be curious why most of the information seems to go to Reddit first.

I'd suggest that's the far bigger audience hence why more attention.
    Probably, but then why even have these forums if they're going to neglect them? Reddit is bigger than pretty much every game's own forums, but CA is about the only developer I'm aware of that ignores their own forums in favour of Reddit. It's weird.

This is going to sound accusatory no matter how I phrase it, but I want to know why they did this on Reddit instead of on their own damn forums. That would be my question. Frankly, I'd be curious why most of the information seems to go to Reddit first.

I'd suggest that's the far bigger audience hence why more attention.
    Probably, but then why even have these forums if they're going to neglect them? Reddit is bigger than pretty much every game's own forums, but CA is about the only developer I'm aware of that ignores their own forums in favour of Reddit. It's weird.
    Depends how you define neglect/ignore I suppose. I agree it is a bit odd that there's not a thread for us to submit questions.
    My questions from AMA:

1. Are you going to to split Beastmen faction into 3 factions with each having one LL?

-“The Warherd of One-Eye” with Khazrak;
    -“The Warherd of the Crowfather” with Malagor;
    -“The Warherd of the Shadowgave” with Morghur.

Each should have its own unique personalized campaign objectives. In that way there would be more BM presence on the map. If the other LLs factions are eliminated, you can recruit them; otherwise, you have to confederate them.

Is it possible? If no, what other ideas of improving BM’s gameplay and experience do you have (without adding any new content)?

2. Is it possible to move one of LLs in the eastern coast of Lustria to the Northwest corner of that continent and thus make it more interesting there?
    Speaking of which, is any settlements/provinces shuffling on the table for Lustria?

3. Are you thinking or working on redesigning the current ME campaign goals of most factions (especially non-DLC ones but some DLC factions also could do with some makeover)? They are utterly dull and streamlined in my opinion, with conquering 8 (or 17 for long campaign) capitals the overriding (and boring) goal. Can they be more personalized for each faction, in the vein of Gor-Rok (kill Chaos, unite Lustria and kick out all the non-LM factions out of it)?

4. Can we have mid- and late game disruption events such as GS incursions, Underempire’s ascension or comebacks of dead factions? It would do miles to make late game more interesting and Ordertide more manageable.

5. Can you take a look into factions such as Cult of Sotek and Nakai? The first one has normal RoRs locked up behind sacrifices instead of having special RoRs just for Tehenhauin. It’s also a little bland with no “blast” spell at the top of the pyramid such as Ikit’s nuke.
    Also, the all-out war against Skaven is broken since there are no Skaven factions left in Lustria after turn 50 and usually much earlier.

Nakai is ok but it’s vassal is bugged due to diplomacy. It also cannot create armies and as such is a non-interactive mechanic which ends up in dead parts of the map.

6. Can you change some of the racial mechanics into dynamic ones in the vein of Sword of Khaine? E.g.:

-Tomb Kings hunting for Books of Nagash - each Book could change hands when the former owner is defeated. This could have cool and unexpected consequences when suddenly TKs send an army to us just to get the Book of Nagash. The books themselves could give any faction holding it bonuses but only TKs would need it for campaign objectives. Also, let all TKs actively participate in the race, as opposed to player only;

-The same for Vampirates’ infamy. It’s dull and uninteresting right now - all the pirate factions should strive to be the most infamous;

-The same for Bretonnia and chivalry - let Fay have more chivalry than you and you cannot confederate her. The most chivalrous LL will attract other Bretonnian factions for confederations;

-And of course Karak 8 Peaks race! Make all 3 contenders actively trying to take it, whether as AI or player-controlled; there should be enough of a reward for taking it AND massive incentives (or spawning stacks) for other 2 factions to retake it if one of them succeeds.

7. Speaking of K8P, did you think to make it 3-tier settlement, with each tier being controlled by different race? Is it even possible mechanically? Skaven can have an undercity right now, but what about Greenskins and Dwarfs? How to properly represent other settlements in game which have split ownership in lore - actually most of Skaven settlements?

8. Are you planning to offer a pre-order DLC for TWW3?
    If yes, would it be playable in TWW2 Vortex or ME campaign or both?

9. Could you rework all the LLs’ difficulty levels in the selection screen? For example right now all the Greenskins should be Very Hard while Skryre is rather on the easy side.

10. Do you have plans to make Archaon’s Chaos force at least 3 to 5 times more numerous and more impactful, while slowing down minor Chaos factions respawn rate? Currently Archaon is 99% of time wiped out trying to take Volksgrad, while Puppets of Chaos completely paralyze any faction starting in Lustria.

If anyone has any suggestions, I can edit reddit post to add some particularly nice questions.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,020

So what's this then?

I believe people can want information on the future of the game and better communication overall from CA without being interested in the next DLC (assuming that the speculation that it is HE vs GS). The series doesn't just end after the next DLC. For example I'm pretty sure 3K players had a blog post stating what the next 3 DLC's would be roughly about.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,548

Nah.

You keep buying their products and even asking for more despite complaining about them constantly makes you still a fanboy. After all, if you have nothing but bad things to say about them, why do you still want more?

Your first sentence is just repeating yourself, and I've proven that wrong in both terminology and logic.

Your second is a strawman, as I've praised CA when they've done things I thought good, and criticised when I thought they messed up. Amusingly it once happened for the same subject; I praised them for not putting out advertised FLC that was locked behind a paywall, only for them to later to do exactly that with the Bone Giant.

"Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,713
    Closed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.