Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

(BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2, RotS & FotS (v2.2)

valkyvalky Posts: 71Registered Users
edited July 2017 in Total War: SHOGUN 2
Hmm, topic update didn't work yet? -> (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2, RotS & FotS (v2.2)

(original thread @twcenter)

TWC link is usually updated every once in a while; I've completely forgotten about this posting, but thanks to some guy who just sent me a PM you got the links updated now as well! sorry :>

Final Web-based version:
http://wicked-chibi.ninja/region/regions.html

(no link is enabled and I do only host these 3 files+included scripts on my own webspace - if it's within the violation/copyright stuff etc.!)

latest version: updated url!

Full change-list and download can be found in the original posting as well. Though the up-to-date version is always included here too. Usually the upcoming changes - if not noted otherwise - will be done to only the main-file, so I'll throw in a tiny update file once in a while. (or check TWcenter for the changelist)

To install, unzip directly into the ..\total war shogun 2\data\encyclopedia\ folder, making sure to replace the other files when prompted.
(some changes to the new encyclopedia files were made; should be affect 2 or 3 files - in case the map wasn't installed earlier)
Apply changes to all files in case [BIEM] is already installed, cause there were some changes made.

How to change the highlight-color:

If you don't like blue for whatever reason, you can 'easily' edit the .html file.
- Open either regions_gempei.html,regions_shogun.html or regions_boshin.html in e.g. Notepad
- v1.1b+ includes already the 'fillcolor' tag, so you only need to change the color
- look for: (line 31)
$('#outline').maphilight({
fillColor: 'xxxxxx'

- for xxxxxx you can add any web-color code, and a really cool online-tool can be found at colorpicker [e.g. 000000 or black doesn't look that bad, specially on my map]
- save & enjoy

Credits:

[email protected] for doing the awesome map
[email protected] for providing all the new information :D
[email protected] for some cool changes regarding the pop-up and clan infos
[email protected] for sparing me some time to gather the stupid farm-upgrade infos for FotS
Post edited by valky on

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 7,099
    edited October 2011
    Nice work, this is a really nice looking map!
  • valkyvalky Posts: 71Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    Kurkistan wrote: »
    Thanks for going through the trouble of re-posting here.

Wasn't trouble at all, I was just too lazy to finally made me an acc here as well :P
  • barangucbaranguc Member Posts: 61Registered Users
    edited November 2011
    Wow its great everyone should have look at it. Expecially for rice fields.
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,876Registered Users, Moderators
    edited November 2011
    Excellent work, guys. :)
    edited November 2011
    thanks :p I though about adding a hover-button to view the fertility of the regions in RotS as well, but the java, which is used is ultra limited. I kinda like the colored map *whistle* but seeing the area without switching would be way more useful I guess.
    That's why I need some input, if you guys prefer the rots color stuff, cause you can switch always in between the maps or if it's a bit over the edge.
    (or report any error asap ^^)

edit: the rice-fields credits go to the supreme creator of the map .. I did only an overhaul ^^
  • Bad213BoyBad213Boy Banned Posts: 36Banned Users
    edited December 2011
    Great work, but you should have it be just the map, like the original version. Having the map bigger was great. You should include a fertility chart for easy reference when to upgrade your farms first. Most people know, but its just a nice finished product then. Also, the original version never any any Iron or Horses in the bottom left panel for easy access. Might want to update that if you can.
    edited March 2012
    Bad213Boy wrote: »
    Great work, but you should have it be just the map, like the original version. Having the map bigger was great. You should include a fertility chart for easy reference when to upgrade your farms first. Most people know, but its just a nice finished product then. Also, the original version never any any Iron or Horses in the bottom left panel for easy access. Might want to update that if you can.

I didn't spent much time playing shogun 2 lately (ME3, swtor :O ..) so I haven't checked in here for quite some time.
    About the horse/iron-link; I changed only the highlight on the province-resource link, so they do show up - but for the original map I would have to re-order every single button to make up for an additional slot. While it'd be okay for the rots-map I'd be forced to redo the Shogun 2 map too :D

The farm-chart is included in the latest FotS map for now - tried to include it within the map, but IMO that'd be just a color/info overkill, so I added a button on the right side for the farms.
    Dunno if I ever wanna touch the other 2 maps (and the fertility is shown in the province rollover too...so most ppl should figure out what the color stands for^^)

+push for FotS map :p
    (all web-based version updated too - useless encyclopedia links removed etc.)

edit: can a mod change the title if possible? - included it in the 1st post.
    edit1: THX! :P
  • AomariAomari Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Great work valky. But I noticed that the connection between the clan mon and its starting position has been lost. It is available in Shogun 2 but not in the ROTS and FOTS. Could you fix that ?
  • jangirijangiri Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited August 2012
    Nice maps but I wonder if you could add some more info. My humble suggestion would be to add the clans (great or minor) starting alliance, enemies, vassals, trade partners, mons of the minor clans and maybe a little bit of description about them.