Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Game having trouble with graphic settings, crashes to desktop?

billisaizzbillisaizz Registered Users Posts: 2
I am not really much of a technical guy, as I just bought a new PC a couple months ago, my first windows. So, I'm not really sure what to put here but I might as well put the specs:
GeForce RTX 2070
Driver 445.87 (nVidia)
Intel Core i-7-9750H
15.85 GB Ram

What is happening, I have tried to manually update the graphic settings in the game and put everything to max, because, yknow, it's a 10 years old game. But what happened was that it crashed to the desktop and I had to restart my PC every time because I couldn't see or exit the program. I've tried constantly watching videos from other threads with my problem, changing the preferences.text to the max video memory.
That worked, as I was able to toggle the graphics in game to "Very High". When I pressed the checkmark, it crashed me back to my desktop again, and again.
I tried to go to my Nvidia Control Panel and use the 3D settings as well, but that doesn't work either.
Could someone please help?
Tagged: