Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Empire 2

Paddy234Paddy234 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 483
I was playing Napoleon the other day and for a game over 10 years old it still holds up well especially graphically. I'm not a fan of having a main game like Three Kingdoms being based in one country and it tends to get boring fast. I much preferred Total War when it was on a bigger scale and Empire was by far the largest. I'd love to see an Empire 2 Total War, perhaps split it into 3 parts like Warhammer so they could focus more indepth for each theatre and then combine them. What do you guys think?

Comments

• CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,097
    Does come up from time to time, a lot of us would like to see it done with the benefits that the engines had over the years since it's released. I still think Empire is my favorite TW to date but at the same time a number of the changes in recent TWs would put me off a second game.
  • Paddy234Paddy234 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 483
    Commisar said:

Does come up from time to time, a lot of us would like to see it done with the benefits that the engines had over the years since it's released. I still think Empire is my favorite TW to date but at the same time a number of the changes in recent TWs would put me off a second game.

What changes would put you off Empire 2? I'd like to see more focus on colonization and politics in Empire 2 aswell just so there is alot of depth to the campaign aswell as battles
    Paddy234 said:

What changes would put you off Empire 2? I'd like to see more focus on colonization and politics in Empire 2 aswell just so there is alot of depth to the campaign aswell as battles

The terrible provinces that came after it. Every region can be pretty much identical is terrible. I liked that you could have a province with very little in it and then there were others which might have multiple plantations or ports. Added more provincial depth and value.

I'd also want the trade nodes to make a come back.

Well they did improve the diplomacy and kept "colonising" vacant provinces in 3K. Plus the relatively new supply mechanic would be interesting with a really large map.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,050
    Empire 2 on the same warscape engine as Empire 1?

I don't know what to say....
  • Paddy234Paddy234 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 483
    jamreal18 said:

i actually feel they will make a new engine for Empire 2. I'm convinced they are either working on a Medieval 3 or Empire 2 but i'm feeling Empire 2 will come first as it's been so long since we have had a game based in the gunpowder age. Age of Charlemagne was essentially the early medieval age anyway
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,050
    edited May 2020
    Paddy234 said:

jamreal18 said:

i actually feel they will make a new engine for Empire 2. I'm convinced they are either working on a Medieval 3 or Empire 2 but i'm feeling Empire 2 will come first as it's been so long since we have had a game based in the gunpowder age. Age of Charlemagne was essentially the early medieval age anyway
    There is no way CA will make Empire 2 soon. It's like asking for Remastered Version only.

As I want Medieval 3, I also want want it to be made in new engine. Take note, CA is now capable of working with 64 bit engines.

Age of Charlemagne should had been a dlc for Medieval 3, such a waste.
  • JLRRACJLRRAC Registered Users Posts: 1
    Just joined and never done a chat room in my life.
    I'm an ancient and wrinkled wargamer from the age of tabletops, minifigs and Avalon Hill Squad Leader; but I've also been a PC solo gamer since the very first days of cassette tapes and the Commodore 64.
    I was fumbling along perfectly happily in Windows 7, and thoroughly enjoying my occasional weekend hit of Empire, Napoleon, Medieval, Shogun and Rome. Then along comes Windows 10 and 64 bit and I am lost and disconsolate.
    Steam gave me a 32 bit bootstrapper, but it only works for Napoleon. Empire, my favorite, crashes constantly.
    I am loathe to load my other Total War titles as I'm sure it will just be a waste of time that I really don't have to spare.
    Hence, here I am, crying in the wilderness. Can anyone help a poor old man?
    1. Is there a way for me to play my old titles on my new Windows 10, 64 bit desktop?
    2. Will Total War revisit these old titles and make them really work in this bright new world, or must I settle on learning Warhammer?
    JLR RAC
  • atpcliffatpcliff Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    I am currently (mostly) playing TW Attilla/Charlemagne. As most of you know, TW Attila is probably the best game, overall.

What I would like to see is TW Empire II based on the Attila system. I love the Empire map, because it is so big, and you have the big naval conflicts/trading system. The Royal Family/nobility system is GREAT in Attila. The graphics, cut scenes, etc. are really nice in Attila.

For Empire, I would change it to a whole Earth map (include all of Asia and South America, the Pacific Islands and Australia). Make ALL factions playable, with realistic goals for very small factions, that are historically reasonable. Make the battles able to support 40 units per side (or more).

I think TW-Empire in a modern version would be amazing. And, I think it is MUCH more important than Medieval III, as Attila is really MIII already.

I LOVE Attila, but miss the naval side of it, and the gunpowder battles with more variety of units.
    Attila style system has a lot of issues for an Empire 2, a big one being the province system and army/navy caps.

For example you wont get the trade system and trade conflicts like in Empire 1 due to the fleet caps.

The province system means you'd be lucky to get the map as detailed as Empire 1, without increasing the amount of the world it covers.

Plus if they expanded to cover all the world, they would "zoom" it out on the province size, so the old complaint of single province France becomes more single province Europe, wouldn't have the depth or count to get the range of Pacific islands.

The increased battle size is a given now, been standard for quite a while.

More variety of units? It really doesn't get that.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 3,019
    To be fair, Shogun 1 and 2 were only based in Japan... and they were famous and great games. China is much larger and far more diverse than Japan, especially considering it's neighbours influence in China. TW Three Kingdoms was a fantastic game... just a pity they abandoned it.

Regardless of all that. I would love to see a TW Empire 2. In the same Timeline... but with a playable Native American and Mughal Faction in the Grand Campaign.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin