Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Next Total War Series

Imperator_RomanorumImperator_Romanorum Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 7
Hi to all!

I would like to give some feedback + ideas how I would like to see the next total war game (after Troy).

It took me 2 days to write all my ideas, so please take time and read my document (5.5K words)

in this link you will find my document.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vT_U2i8txPohbi2nqZNw9pQqR9SjDQnvtDH7FIZdgnZrq6aGoHiRqeKzpTWfN8e1C6WlLhXxxGpEDwv/pub

let me know if you like my ideas!

Comments

• BierTempelierBierTempelier Registered Users Posts: 375

I would go for a go for a Fantasy style Total War game with decent (slower) battle pace as a next ;-)
  • Th1103Th1103 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Please we

I would go for a go for a Fantasy style Total War game with decent (slower) battle pace as a next ;-)

Since 2015 we didn't get a real historical TW. Troy will be a fantasy title as well and not a full game but just one of those Sagas. I really want to see a new historical title and I mean a real historical title were a general is justa human being like anybody else and without too many bs arcade features.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,136
    Personally always prefer a direct post rather than linking off site.
  • ForwaynForwayn Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    I would prefer a historical Total War: Thirty-Years-War. Since CA showed with the Empire in Total War: Warhammer that blackpowder-weapons and artillery work fine, I thought this historical setting could be interesting.

Europe as whole could be the map, or maybe just a detailed map of the holy roman empire of german nation.

the main campaign could be restricted to 120 turns. 4 seasons for each year of the war, with different options for action for each season. (f.e. moving armies in winter causes higher losses)

Because of the population, agriculture and economy bleeding dry through the lasting war, the upkeep could rise a lot during the campaign.

Also you could decide, if you pay your troops or you allow them to ransacking provinces to save money, but causing the economy lie broken for several years.

LL's could be Albrecht von Wallenstein, Gustav II. Adolf (Sweden), Ferdinand II. (Holy Roman Empire of german nation) etc.

Because of intrigues and changing loyality it could be possible for all factions to recruit a specific hero (ofcourse not at the same time) and on scripted events (maybe combinded with minor goals) you can recruit them back.

• CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,136
    Forwayn said:

I would prefer a historical Total War: Thirty-Years-War. Since CA showed with the Empire in Total War: Warhammer that blackpowder-weapons and artillery work fine, I thought this historical setting could be interesting.

Europe as whole could be the map, or maybe just a detailed map of the holy roman empire of german nation.

the main campaign could be restricted to 120 turns. 4 seasons for each year of the war, with different options for action for each season. (f.e. moving armies in winter causes higher losses)

Because of the population, agriculture and economy bleeding dry through the lasting war, the upkeep could rise a lot during the campaign.

Also you could decide, if you pay your troops or you allow them to ransacking provinces to save money, but causing the economy lie broken for several years.

Would say they showed that artillery and muskets worked long before that, 2009 with Empire TW really. Game starts with some of the forces that would of been around during the Thirty years war.

Would also say it would make sense to have mercenaries reappear as they were still used commonly at the start but due to the losses ended up forcing a rise to local recruitment.