Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CD version no good ?

guilhoguilho Registered Users Posts: 1
Is there a way to make the CD version of the game work in the past i uninstalled some windows update and i got the game to run but now nothing seems to work

Comments

• BabboniusBabbonius Registered Users Posts: 6
    Hallo, Guilho - have you tried going back to Windows 8? Or, I've seen a workaround for Windows 10 higher up on this same list.

All the best,

Babbonius
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,756
    Your best best is to just buy the game on Steam. It has been set up to run with everything you need.. I did so, as I could not get the game to run off my discs (Original) either.

The problem is with MicroSoft and their updates. One of them eliminated the CD copy protection process. There is a workaround, so I've been told, but I don't know where it is.

Note: it's a good idea to install the DX files the game needs also. You can get it from MS.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain